correct way to end the condo rental

I am thinking about to end my Bangkok condo rental agreement prematurely. I am tenant. I am thinking to move to Pattaya, as I already traveling there few times a month and spend considerable amounts of time, so actually I am paying for 2 condos, Pattaya condo I rent short term now,  but it seems that Pattaya life is a bit better for me, air quality although a little but better, sitting un balcony with sea view from my room there is also something I miss all the time..

So, by agreement there is 7 months left. I don't want to lose deposit and 1 month upfront rent. Price I am renting this Bangkok condo is below market in that building. Kinda luxury new condo project in top location near BTS and MRT. It's really convenient and good there. So I think it would be possible to find new tenant. What should I do better, ask my agent to try to manage everything, try to find new tenant myself or there is nothing I can do and will be forced to rent or lose deposit, which I don't want to do. What is the right way to move from one condo to another in case agreement still in force? I am very flexible with time and there is no hurry, so wanted to ask forum members for advice.

Breaking your contract 7 months early,you are definitely going

to forfeit your deposit,maybe you would not have gotten it back

at the end of your contract anyway,the one month rent upfront

was for the first month you rented, so you will only lose your deposit.

regards Worgeordie

You could attempt to negotiate with the landlord better terms than losing the whole of your deposit.  However, I wouldn't expect that to be successful.  In addition, depending on the terms of your lease forfeiting your security deposit may not fully satisfy your liability, i.e. you could still owe the rent for the remainder of the term.  However, Thai landlords usually don't pursue additional damages from what I understand.

I believe you are legally committed to pay the seven month service unless you can negotiate with the landlord. I can’t see there being many takers in lockdown Bangkok so little chance of the landlord replacing you as a tenant. You could walk away but the matter would likely catch you up again, and it’s  better to leave with settled terms given that you live in Thailand.

yeah, option I see is just to live with 2 condos in 2 places at least for these 7 months, I don't mind actually, only thing is rental and travel costs, I also just checked my deposit is 2 months rent and I don't want to lose it

I doubt it “catches up” to him.  They do not appear to have a credit reporting system like they do in the states.

You will not have some collection agency trying to get after you.

Just walk and forfeit the deposit.

I thanked my condo office personnel for always being helpful, told them the day I was leaving, left the keys and that was that.

The condo owners got their two months.  I left it nice and clean.

As stated before, there is certainly no guarantee you were going to get all of that deposit back anyway.  
Why stay in a place you do not want to be ?

Life is too short .... 

1 minute ago, TexanInUdon said:

As stated before, there is certainly no guarantee you were going to get all of that deposit back anyway.  
Why stay in a place you do not want to be ?

Life is too short .... 

I like this place also. About deposit, I more think that owner will pay back it as I know her quite good for this time and she is honest person and there is no damage, no reason to not return deposit.

You know the owner...talk to her...not all landlords are thieves and some believe it or not have a heart...you may be able to come to some agreement....bypass the agent on this occasion as they will only be worried about their commission..