Trump says he doesn't want to talk to Xi right now, could even cut China ties

webfact

1 hour ago, Heppinger said:

I don't indulge in "conspiracy" videos on youtube, I also avoid using weaponized terms such as "conspiracy", as should you.  The material I can't find and am waiting to receive from an acquaintance who has it saved, is a video of a Whitehouse spokesperson outlining the criteria in which America's medical institutes are using when stating a coronavirus as the cause of death.

i mean this conspiracy from your prior post:  "To steal tax payer money through payments made by the Government to the medical institutions for every person who die's with a Coronavirus (with, not by)  and also a payment for every patient they place on a ventilator."

you've linked a video showing illinois may be incorrectly recording deaths.  has this been verified, or is this an uninformed department head incorrectly explaining policy?  how many other states/localities are using this method?  are these same numbers included in our national statistics?  what other countries count folks "hit by a bus" as covid deaths.

but to bring this back to topic,

if this is true everywhere, is the covid19 virus basically "just the flu"? 

is is all a hoax by the democrats to hurt trump, or to inflate their medicaid or welfare subsidies?

in that case, does trump no longer have any beef with china?

• Like 2

Not too long ago I really really loved the man. I thought I knew him well and I thought he really loved me too, almost as much as Kim loves me. I just assumed he would be scared of us, once we declared a trade war. After all, I AM the world's greatest negotiator and America is SO exceptional. Everyone knows that about me, as I have told everybody that a thousand times. I am sure they believe it by now. I am so puzzled that it did not work out as my stable genius mind planned it. 

So now, I am a bit confused and feeling perturbed and pouty. And this is an election year, so if I threaten to cut off all relations with our largest trading partner my base of devotees might really buy into that.

I really do not like it when things do not go my way. How dare Xi and China behave like this, towards the mighty USA. I don't understand why they are doing this. I thought my sledgehammer approach would work. I would be really embarrassed if I had any pride or dignity. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

thanks to citizen heppinger, we know there appear to be some irregularities in covid19 fatality reporting.  i'm sure this will be cleared up soon, as ALL the major networks would be wanting the pulitzer for showing how nearly all the medical authorities got it so wrong for so long.

but interestingly, the next video in the queu after the one provided was another press conference from illinois, entitled "Second coronavirus case in Chicago marks first person-to-person transmission reported in U.S."  first confirmed human-human transmission of covid19 in the united states.  this was dated january 31, 2020. 

video below from the chicago sun-times official channel:

1 hour ago, ChouDoufu said:

if this is true everywhere, is the covid19 virus basically "just the flu"? 

is is all a hoax by the democrats to hurt trump, or to inflate their medicaid or welfare subsidies?

in that case, does trump no longer have any beef with china?

Do you know the difference between a coronavirus and covid-19?

I'm suggesting that extra money is allocated to medical institutions that diagnose a patient with a coronavirus, state the corona virus as the cause of death and place patients on ventilators. All this info is outlined in the recently passed CARES Act. You are familiar with the CARES Act. aren't you?

Why would it be a hoax by the democrats to hurt Trump? Trump acknowledges the coronavirus and passed the CARES Act.

Your problem is assuming everyone identifies as either Democrat or Republican, Left or Right, Red or Blue.  As long as you subscribe to the Left-Right paradigm you will never see whats right in front of you.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

Pretty much blows the doors off of the whole "iT cAmE fRoM eUrOpE" narrative, which we all already knew. 

And have you seen how that same woman classifies a Covid death? Theres another video for that too. 

15 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

thanks to citizen heppinger, we know there appear to be some irregularities in covid19 fatality reporting.  i'm sure this will be cleared up soon, as ALL the major networks would be wanting the pulitzer for showing how nearly all the medical authorities got it so wrong for so long.

Some Irregularities he says. People like myself have been sounding the alarm since the beginning. That video has been passed around the internet for weeks showing her explaining covid deaths. You could step on a landmine and be killed and if your bloodwork has covid, its a covid death. 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

but interestingly, the next video in the queu after the one provided was another press conference from illinois, entitled "Second coronavirus case in Chicago marks first person-to-person transmission reported in U.S."  first confirmed human-human transmission of covid19 in the united states.  this was dated january 31, 2020. 

12 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

The video you posted did not mention Covid-19 once.  Person to person transmission of coronaviruses is not a new phenomena.

The difference between a coronavirus and covid-19 still seems to elude you. 

Your ability to research a subject is poor at best and you should probably stick to regurgitating weaponized words.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

Default on debt - then US credit rating falls off a cliff sparking rampant inflation and a deap recession https://www.bbc.com/news/business-24453400.

I’ve read the BBC article, but I’m still not clear as to why the US credit rating would fall if it defaulted on its debt to China. Surely everyone can see that there’s a fundamental difference between a country like Greece defaulting on debt because it doesn’t have the capacity to repay the debt, and the US defaulting on a debt to China as a way of claiming partial reparations for the incalculable damage to the US that China’s just caused?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, CygnusX1 said:

I’ve read the BBC article, but I’m still not clear as to why the US credit rating would fall if it defaulted on its debt to China. Surely everyone can see that there’s a fundamental difference between a country like Greece defaulting on debt because it doesn’t have the capacity to repay the debt, and the US defaulting on a debt to China as a way of claiming partial reparations for the incalculable damage to the US that China’s just caused?

It is all about risk. 

So why would  one's credit rating suffer when they default on a payment? because everyone knows that when using an excuse not to pay your debt with one, you could do the same with another. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sirineou said:

It is all about risk. 

So why would  one's credit rating suffer when they default on a payment? because everyone knows that when using an excuse not to pay your debt with one, you could do the same with another. 

also related to the amount owed to others, and ability to repay them. Is indebtedness above assets?   

12 minutes ago, sirineou said:

It is all about risk. 

But the circumstances here are extraordinary, clearly a US default on its China debt to seek reparations would have nothing to do with its ability and willingness to repay any other debtor. I mean, if I borrow $10,000 from you but can’t repay it because I’ve lost my job, my credit rating would suffer, but if I refused to repay the money because I wanted compensation after you’d just burned my house down, it would be a very different matter.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, CygnusX1 said:

But the circumstances here are extraordinary, clearly a US default on its China debt to seek reparations would have nothing to do with its ability and willingness to repay any other debtor. I mean, if I borrow $10,000 from you but can’t repay it because I’ve lost my job, my credit rating would suffer, but if I refused to repay the money because I wanted compensation after you’d just burned my house down, it would be a very different matter.

You'd be obliged to pay until a court, independent judiciary, decides differently.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CygnusX1 said:

Interestingly China reneged on their debt to America in 1949 when Mao took over.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And see how Americans will respond to the prices for "Made in America".

I'd gladly pay a 5-10x premium for high quality US products if they were available and would come with a guarantee that not a single molecule came from China. I'd still grumble about the extortionate shipping costs though.

I'll give an example: In 2003 I bought a top-of-the-line Leatherman multitool. It cost quite a bit, but has been in nearly daily use evfer since and is just as good today as it was back then. That's what I mean with high quality.

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

I'd gladly pay a 5-10x premium for high quality US products if they were available and would come with a guarantee that not a single molecule came from China. I'd still grumble about the extortionate shipping costs though.

I'll give an example: In 2003 I bought a top-of-the-line Leatherman multitool. It cost quite a bit, but has been in nearly daily use evfer since and is just as good today as it was back then. That's what I mean with high quality.

But would you be happy to a 5-10x premium for electronics with no made in China or Chinese parts?

i.e. Laptops / phones / Televisions etc ??

9 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Leatherman multi-tools are popular in Australia for the quality.  My Thai father in law is a builder/cabinet maker, i bought him a hammer from Australia that was made in America as he was always complaining the Chinese made hammers in Thailand only lasted him a few months, he loves it, and has lasted him much longer then the equivalent price amount in Chinese made hammers.

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

But would you be happy to a 5-10x premium for electronics with no made in China or Chinese parts?

Such as in the past?  I would rather pay 3 months wages for a new TV and be able to pay my house off in 7-10 years. Rather then pay under a weeks wage for a new TV yet take 30 years to pay off a house.

7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Yeah, but I would demand top quality. With Chinese products the selling point has been cheap <deleted> in bulk that breaks easily. I'd expect the more expensive products to last longer. And they used to, fridges that were made locally in the 80's in Finland seem to still be running. Chinese compressors may last 5-6 years on a good day. I won't even mention the Nokia 3310 - of course I did.

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 1

The video you posted did not mention Covid-19 once.  Person to person transmission of coronaviruses is not a new phenomena.

The difference between a coronavirus and covid-19 still seems to elude you. 

Your ability to research a subject is poor at best and you should probably stick to regurgitating weaponized words.

WHO ya gonna call?

Naming the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and the virus that causes it

Official names have been announced for the virus responsible for COVID-19 (previously known as “2019 novel coronavirus”) and the disease it causes.  The official names are:

Disease 

coronavirus disease 
(COVID-19)
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

WHO ya gonna call?

Official names have been announced for the virus responsible for COVID-19 (previously known as “2019 novel coronavirus”) and the disease it causes.  The official names are:

Disease 

coronavirus disease 
(COVID-19)

For Christ sakes.

Coronaviruses are a group of related RNA viruses that cause diseases in mammals and birds. In humans, these viruses cause respiratory tract infections that can range from mild to lethal. Mild illnesses include some cases of the common cold (which is caused also by certain other viruses, predominantly rhinoviruses), while more lethal varieties can cause SARS, MERS, and COVID-19.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronavirus

29 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

WHO ya gonna call?

Disease 

coronavirus disease 
(COVID-19)

SARS is a medical syndrome, diagnosis.

Scientific name of the virus is:  nCoV_2019CCP release 1.

Interestingly China reneged on their debt to America in 1949 when Mao took over.

those bonds were issued by the nationalist government, the republic of china that rules taiwan.  does this mean we would recognize taiwan province as an integral part of the peoples republic of china?

2 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

those bonds were issued by the nationalist government, the republic of china that rules taiwan.  does this mean we would recognize taiwan province as an integral part of the peoples republic of china?

That means by international law that China is responsible for the debt, if, Taiwan is part of China.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrTuner said:

Yeah, but I would demand top quality. With Chinese products the selling point has been cheap <deleted> in bulk that breaks easily. I'd expect the more expensive products to last longer. And they used to, fridges that were made locally in the 80's in Finland seem to still be running. Chinese compressors may last 5-6 years on a good day. I won't even mention the Nokia 3310 - of course I did.

Listen to Flakes from Frank Zappa. Unfortunately quality has not improved.

Well, the Chinese tried, as usual, to swipe this mess under their huge carpet yet could not contain the disaster which resulted in thousands of additional death cases and trillions of damages. For this, the Chinese government should be taken to account for. 

Was it Wuhan laboratory gone wrong, was it purposely released, was it yet another CIA exercise; in 50 years some of you might know (I will not be around anymore then) but it shows clearly, that all this Covid-19 business is far too serious to be left in the hands of any politician, that applies worldwide to all countries and all politicians. Hopeless bunch of d1ckhaeds - and all go unpunished. Worst case is not getting re-elected which is pampered with a nice pension for the rest of their days on the way out. 

6 minutes ago, rabas said:

That means by international law that China is responsible for the debt, if, Taiwan is part of China.

guess we'll have to wait until the civil war is over.  taiwan is the government that issued the bonds, they still claim sovereignty over mainland china.

will be interesting to see how it works out.  my parents still have a stack of confederate bonds they'd like to cash in.