MBK waives rent as malls set to reopen

snoop1130

MBK waives rent as malls set to reopen

By THE NATION

800_2d39bdd0cf9ffda.jpg

Shopping mall operator MBK is handing financial relief to traders at MBK Center, Paradise Place and the Nine Center Rama 9 as they prepare to reopen on Sunday (May 17) under the government’s lockdown-easing timeline.

MBK’s managing director Somphol Tripopnart said traders at the malls will be permitted to operate rent-free from May 17 to 31. Moreover, the rent between June 1 and August 31 will be reduced by 30 to 50 per cent.

MBK said it will open certain attractions free of charge between June 1 and August 31, in order to stimulate shopping atmosphere in the malls.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30387915

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-15

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rasmus5150 said:

That's a really great and helpful gesture.

Thumb up to Somphol Tripopnart for not only thinking about covering his losses when the Mall was forced to close.

MBK still one of the better shopping centers in Bangkok

good gesture by the landlord, but MBK is a den of thieves, it's focused on tourists who dont know any better; rip off prices and low quality fake/copy goods absolutely everywhere. there are a few camera shops there so i went to price a few items for comparison with more legitimate shops in other malls, the prices quoted were ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, samsensam said:

good gesture by the landlord, but MBK is a den of thieves, it's focused on tourists who dont know any better; rip off prices and low quality fake/copy goods absolutely everywhere. there are a few camera shops there so i went to price a few items for comparison with more legitimate shops in other malls, the prices quoted were ridiculous.

Never use cameras except for the one in my phone.

MBK has always been nice if you have a basic idea about pricing, and the products are pretty good quality compared to other places.

You should give it a try again, and remember to bargain (in Thai language) and you will get good prices.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, samsensam said:

Yeah I agree with you . Too much copy <deleted> and a ripoff for unsuspecting tourists . Far better options in the capital and other cities .