China, South Korea removed from list of high-risk countries

rooster59

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Public Health Ministry on Friday (May 15) announced that it has removed China, South Korea as well as Hong Kong and Macau from its list of countries with high risk of Covid-19 infection.

Well I never .. what a surprise .. 

• Haha 1

Until >70% herd immunity is achieved  - most probably by immunisation - there could always be regular outbreaks in the near future, and both China and South Korea are seemingly well prepared for a second wave attack. Taiwan is just as capable, but at odds with the Chinese - and Thais who lap up to the Chinese. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Saddic said:

It's all about appeasing their Chinese masters (please send tourist money)... they conveniently overlooked the second wave outbreak happening in China... 

not sure if you are following but Thailand is doing a great job at controlling the outbreak. Unlike America where the whole crisis and the decision making is being politisized, here in Thailand its leaders focus on the facts.

" their Chinese masters". Pffffff what a nonsense. There is more equality between China and Thailand than there is equality between the USA and Thailand.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

3 hours ago, Traubert said:

There isnt a second wave happening in China.

If you believe that your in dreamland  Check the internet, check the news. Check the replies to your statement on this forum. This virus will be around until (or if) a vaccine is developed. Get used to it .......

• Like 2

7 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

South Korean tourists (men) might be interested in coming to Thailand, but no go go bars or massage parlours open, so no point for them. Hordes of Chinese tourists unlikely with a 14 day quarantine when back in China, Hong Kong and Macau, so that leaves not much.

Do Chinese tourists need to be quarantined for 14 days in Thailand? Then another 14 days when they go back to China?

Then most of the time, they are just quarantine-ing and not shopping so what's the point of coming to Thailand?

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, brucegoniners said:

China low risk? Uh what about the new outbreak in Wuhan?

Thats preposterous.

That's untrue and there's no lockdown (those are just rumors). The cases have been low for the past 14 days just like Thailand.

If a 'new outbreak' means single digit or less than 20 cases, then there's new outbreak everywhere in the world. 

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Edited by EricTh
  • Sad 1

I am tired of home schooling my girlfriends kids already, I need a vacation to the beach to relax in the sand, with a nice breeze blowing on me.  The fan and the VR glasses I am using do not compare.....sigh

• Haha 1