Sweden - is the rest of the world dumb, blind or worse ?

2 hours ago, farang51 said:

It should be noted that in both Denmark and Sweden, the hospitals have been able to handle the pressure from COVID-19 patients. When that is not the case, the ifr can be much higher.

Elderly in Sweden are dying in care homes without the care they need because they are systematically not moved to hospitals when they need. 

In reality, the Swedish healthcare system can't cope. It's just politics. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, yuyiinthesky said:

Now I understand you!

Nevertheless, your statement has absolutely nothing to do with my post. I assume you replied to someone else, and the page jumping caused by the pop up ads moved the page when you clicked.

Wow, you have no idea about sarcasm at all. Are you American?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, farang51 said:

Do you have a link to the numbers from Germany? In Denmark, they have tested more than 1.000 people for antibodies; they found only 1 per cent with antibodies. The tests do not cover all the country and the people tested were not randomly chosen; but still, the number is much lower than anticipated. They are testing more people at the moment, and they should have better numbers next week and even better numbers in the coming weeks.

If the 1 per cent with antibodies turns out to be correct; the ifr (infection fatality rate) is around 1 per cent due to 561 deaths in a population of 5,8 million.

do a google search for it, it was within the last month, 15%

1 hour ago, MikeyIdea said:

Anders Tegnell, note the spelling, held a press conference on Swedish TV yesterday where he reported the latest numbers, 7.3%.

They were "a bit disappointing but not too far off the model predictions, 1 to 2 percent". 

I like Anders, he's a really nice guy, I feel sorry for him.

i got the above from youtube search for "BBC Hardtalk Anders Tegnell"  see if i got it wrong

4 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

i got the above from youtube search for "BBC Hardtalk Anders Tegnell"  see if i got it wrong

"Sweden has revealed that despite adopting more relaxed measures to control coronavirus, only 7.3 per cent of people in Stockholm had developed the antibodies needed to fight the disease by late April."

"Sweden's chief epidemiologist Anders Tegnell said the number was a "little lower" than expected "but not remarkably lower, maybe one or a couple of per cent"."

https://www.9news.com.au/world/coronavirus-sweden-is-still-nowhere-near-herd-immunity-even-though-it-didnt-go-into-lockdown/9f694b95-5be8-41c5-beef-9a2a1d0e8bd9

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Salerno said:

"Sweden has revealed that despite adopting more relaxed measures to control coronavirus, only 7.3 per cent of people in Stockholm had developed the antibodies needed to fight the disease by late April."

"Sweden's chief epidemiologist Anders Tegnell said the number was a "little lower" than expected "but not remarkably lower, maybe one or a couple of per cent"."

https://www.9news.com.au/world/coronavirus-sweden-is-still-nowhere-near-herd-immunity-even-though-it-didnt-go-into-lockdown/9f694b95-5be8-41c5-beef-9a2a1d0e8bd9

The video i quoted said something different, let's see the results of the actual trial, due in a few days

37 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

do a google search for it, it was within the last month, 15%

Apparantly, your ability to do a google search far exceeds my ability.

Edited by farang51

On 5/22/2020 at 1:24 PM, partington said:

Well I wondered what your obsession with "filtering" was! Filtering is the wrong word for what you were trying to say, and as you now use the right word "isolating", I'm still puzzled, even though English may be your second language, why you kept saying "filtering" which didn't really make sense.

I can tell from the nature of your response that you have pre-decided to follow conspiracy/ fake news rather than objectively assess the facts, so I'm not trying to convince you in the following- you are immunised against facts!  

For anyone who is interested briefly here is how the SARs Cov-2 virus was isolated and identified in China.

Liquid samples were taken from nasal passages/lungs of patients suffering from the new pneumonia-like disease.  These were placed on cultures of airway epithelial cells in dishes and the dishes were monitored for signs of cell death or toxicity, signalling infection and replication by a disease causing organism. Cells from dishes showing these signs were collected.

Some were examined under electron microscopy and showed that spiked coronavirus particles were present.  Others were used in next generation sequencing and a complete genome sequence was obtained. When compared with the known database this sequence was found to be a new coronavirus, clearly related to but different from, other known coronaviruses.

Cell media from cultured cells infected with this virus could be shown to reproducibly infect and kill cells in other dishes by serial passaging, and the same genomic sequence and viral particles were also shown to be always present in these cells but never in uninfected healthy cells grown in identical dishes at the same time.

You can describe the procedure all you want.

The genetic material you got is either from exosomes, or genetic material that has been produced in a diseased tissue from bacteria, fungi or the cell's reaction to toxins..
You want to call it "virus", it doesn't make it a virus until you prove it scientifically. PCR replicates DNA, does not prove the existence of virus.

The rest of us are realizing the danger Virology is putting us, and we say enough.
Keep studying viruses and vaccines, but keep them in your lab, otherwise you do more harm than good.

Edited by DeadBite

18 minutes ago, chessman said:

You write stuff like that but the next post that suggests that Bill Gates is responsible for the whole crisis you’ll be all over it.

Well, I see that there is a conflict of interest in his activities, and I dare to say that. You might prefer to see an angel in him. I don't.

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

On a personal note, I do hope Swedens strategy is a success, they have made some major mistakes with the elderly population, but if those had not been made then it does look like it has real potential, only more time will tell however and I look forward to the data they are currently gathering on the populations immunity level which is due soon. 

???? I fully agree.

• Like 2