Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Marriage Visa extension Hua Hin

Whole process for my marriage Visa extension took 25 minutes. But I omitted to sign a few documents and had to redo the pictures on the immigration copy macine. Had I not had to do this, it might have been only 20 minutes.  Downstairs I was met immediately by a lady who very quickly checked both sets of documents. A few minutes later I went upstairs with a friend. My wife was ill and stayed in the car. Everyone was so nice and I had a great cup of coffee not the usual one, I think it was Nescafé gold. The officer upstairs quickly went through the two sets again gave me something  to sign they took a couple of papers for my wife to sign in the car. My passport was only in the chief office for a few minutes and there was no need for them to visit my house no doubt because I had been married 45 years.

I reckon a retirement Visa might have taken five minutes less. I have to go back in one months time but apparently I can send anyone to do it. Last time a friend of mine picked it up for me no problem.

Hua Hin has always been good but this time it was exceptional. I think perhaps the government is realising the worth of a retiree at last. A reasonably well-off one is worth at least 50 tourists and a hundred backpackers are more. The money stays in the country, it's not sent out my by way of commissions and profits. Many retirees employ staff or part-time ones. They need plumbers carpenters and electricians to make repairs. The food is bought at the local markets and so on. But most important of all they are unaffected by all the present problems, riots, strikes etc.  maybe they will be more accommodating to retirees in future. It seems the only people that have problems with emigration of those that do not have the required finances. Nothing really has changed in the past 20 years he still 800,000 bt which with depreciation is a lot less than it was 20 years ago. The same applies to our marriage Visas. 90 day reporting had never been a problem I've done it online or by post and I've never been to the immigration Department to do it. Anyway anyone can do it for you and you have three weeks in which to get it done. Personally I can't understand people complaining 

about immigration in Thailand. It's far easier for us to get a visa here than for a Thai to get a Visa to our own countries

• Haha 1