Invitation To Thaivisa Bbq Party In Phuket

george

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, didn't realize that there were this many of us down here

should be wear our name tags???

ThaVisa Name tags will be provided, so please sign up if you are coming, so we can prepare these. Thanks!

I am coming too - I am signed up with this?

INVITATION TO PHUKET BBQ Party

greenmantop.gif

You are cordially invited to the ThaiVisa BBQ party at The Green Man, (1 kilometre west of Chalong Roundabout) 82/15 Moo 4, Patak Road, Rawai, Phuket (map attached) on Saturday, 12 May 2007 at 7.00PM until late.

For your eating and drinking pleasure, we have:

- Buckwheats famous Mesquite smoked BBQ Ribs and a variety of snacks.

- Free local Beer

- Thaivisa T-shirt lucky draw

Come and enjoy some BBQ and “meet the faces” behind the avatars!

Please sign up here as soon as possible so we get a good idea of the numbers of attendees for catering purposes.

We look forward to seeing you all there!

Welcome!

Thaivisa.com Administration @ The Green Man

Map to The Green Man:

post-128-1176729611_thumb.jpg

Hope I did this right. Yes this sounds good. I have never been to Phuket. Any lodging reasonable that can be suggested by the locals there?

Edited by JerM_6

Very jealous that we can't come. I love that pub bizarre though it is to see it on Phuket. Serves excellent food too. Never mind, we'll make it to Phuket again before June and then I'll try to arrange a mini meet and greet, just for myself :o .

Hello Phuketeers,

We had so much fun at the Pattaya party, good people, food, and beer, that my wife and I would like to come.

That's 2, but we have yet to sort out travel and lodging. Any suggestions re either? If we can not sort it out, I will post our regrets.

Thanks

kdf + one

The Green Man - what a great venue for homesick expat brits :D

I'll try and come with my 5 month pregnant wife and our 18 month old son, but I'll need to arrange a lift from Thalang before committing myself....my old motorbike is out of the question :o.

Hello again Phuketeers,

I would appreciate a little travel guide sort of help. The only reference I have found so far called Chalong Bay a muddy beach and unsuitable for swimming, no offense I certainly don't consider Pattaya Bay a carefree swimming locale.

Because of the distance and costs involved, we will be making this a spring fling vacation and hope to stay a while on a nice beach(prefer snorkeling to gogo bars), and even get back to Phi Phi for a few days. Any suggestions? Maybe even stay near the Green Man the evening of and travel to another locale. Any help greatly appreciated.

kdf

Hello again Phuketeers,

I would appreciate a little travel guide sort of help. The only reference I have found so far called Chalong Bay a muddy beach and unsuitable for swimming, no offense I certainly don't consider Pattaya Bay a carefree swimming locale.

Because of the distance and costs involved, we will be making this a spring fling vacation and hope to stay a while on a nice beach(prefer snorkeling to gogo bars), and even get back to Phi Phi for a few days. Any suggestions? Maybe even stay near the Green Man the evening of and travel to another locale. Any help greatly appreciated.

kdf

its easy enough to stay away from the gogo bars as they are usually concentrated in a small locale. chalong is a shallow bay, so when the tide goes out its not so good for swimming.

try kata or karon.

www.phuket.com

Thanks for the invite guys. I'd be more than happy to come, if someone would like to pay for my flight from Blighty :o . I'll even bring the missus.

PM the flight itinerary to me once booked. :D

Guemlum

Will try to come, most likely alone......since I dont trust myself driving 2 hours to go back home, after unlimited local beer, suggestions of affordable accomodation as close as possible to the Green Man would be highly appreciated. Cheers, Kees.

Great to see the positive responses so far!

We are on track to beat the number we had in Pattaya (62)...keep 'em coming!

If we get to 63, we'll throw in some slow cooked, smoked pork fillets to celebrate!!!! :o

Yeh count me in! Need to get flights etc sorted soon as. Bucky how you gonna get that smoking contraption over to Phuket? Or do you have one in every TV location? Ribs, if anyone need to know, are more than excellent, this from formerly non-rib eater! Can't wait for the pork fillets too!!!

PS definitely better than american ribs(in my opinion anyway) only ribs I've ever eaten and gone back for 2nds and 3rds!!! Hopefully see ya'll there with the hubby.

INVITATION TO PHUKET BBQ Party

greenmantop.gif

You are cordially invited to the ThaiVisa BBQ party at The Green Man, (1 kilometre west of Chalong Roundabout) 82/15 Moo 4, Patak Road, Rawai, Phuket (map attached) on Saturday, 12 May 2007 at 7.00PM until late.

For your eating and drinking pleasure, we have:

- Buckwheats famous Mesquite smoked BBQ Ribs and a variety of snacks.

- Free local Beer

- Thaivisa T-shirt lucky draw

Come and enjoy some BBQ and "meet the faces" behind the avatars!

Please sign up here as soon as possible so we get a good idea of the numbers of attendees for catering purposes.

We look forward to seeing you all there!

Welcome!

Thaivisa.com Administration @ The Green Man

Map to The Green Man:

post-128-1176729611_thumb.jpg

yay! im gonna be there! come on all you guys and girls....will be great to see some of your lovely faces!

we have to do better than the pattaya pissup! lets show the rest of em how its done!

ohh a freebie a teachers union

we can all get together to chomp away on the fact that the thai,s hate us and want rid of us --

what to do -what to do ?? ptteww! was that a bit of bone !-- solly luk-krung -- any-way