What it’s really like dining out at social distancing restaurants in Thailand– and why it WON’T work post-lockdown

webfact

The Word of God has the answer to any problem you could ever have. I would personally apply Matthew 18:15-17. This is God's remedy for conflict in any relationship and will work not only for the Christian, but it will work for those who are not Christians. The idea is to be reconciled with anyone who has sinned against you, but if they will not be reconciled then the idea is to discontinue fellowship with them indefinitely until they experience remorse and repent. Just because they are your in-laws doesn't mean they are exempt from being disciplined because of their sin. Don't sugar coat it....what they are doing is absolutely sin against you, your daughter, your wife and God. Put them out of fellowship if necessary and wait for them to repent. If they don't then turn around, shake the dust from your shoes and walk away from them. If you have the Word of God you don't need a psychologist or a psychiatrist. 

Matthew Chapter 18:

15 “If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over. 16 But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’[d] 17 If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector.

• Haha 1

Gee, you would think an "expert" world traveler could tell us WHY it won't work?

I think he's just some ignorant provincial who thinks the world should work the same way it does in his tiny, backward village. ????

Edited by SiSePuede419

1 hour ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Gee, you would think an "expert" world traveler could tell us WHY it won't work?

I think he's just some ignorant provincial who thinks the world should work the same way it does in his tiny, backward village. ????

You're not big on the Irish then?

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Yes those pesky privacy laws... Don't worry, there won't be any privacy laws left by the end of this year.

But if it saves 0.01% of the population, majority being old and sick, then lets give it up...

Yes I know you want people dying for you. I mean your making a stink about being stuck somewhere else and would love to get back screw the risk to the elderly when air travel opens up again. You value other things above human life as long as its not yours. I am not in the risk group but would gladly give up a few things so people in the risk group are more safe. I wear a mask not for me but for others, i stick to the rules not because I am afraid but as I would hate to be responsible for the spread and death of the disease. Just imagine being a carrier infecting some of your loved ones and they did not survive. I don't worry much about getting it myself.

Anyway in my country they are trying to make an app that does not invade privacy but still works the idea is sound as is registering your name at shops right now for tracking purpose. 

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yes I know you want people dying for you. I mean your making a stink about being stuck somewhere else and would love to get back screw the risk to the elderly when air travel opens up again. You value other things above human life as long as its not yours. I am not in the risk group but would gladly give up a few things so people in the risk group are more safe. I wear a mask not for me but for others, i stick to the rules not because I am afraid but as I would hate to be responsible for the spread and death of the disease. Just imagine being a carrier infecting some of your loved ones and they did not survive. I don't worry much about getting it myself.

Anyway in my country they are trying to make an app that does not invade privacy but still works the idea is sound as is registering your name at shops right now for tracking purpose. 

How does stating that the majority of Covid deaths are elderly and sick translate to "I want people to die for me" ? Ridiculous statement.

Yes I'm stuck somewhere I don't want to be, like thousands of other people. Never said screw the risk to anyone else so we can get home.

I wear a mask, I abide by the local rules in place just as you say you do.

Protecting vulnerable people does not mean giving up privacy rights. Governments around the world have failed to protect vulnerable groups.

If they really spent some time on apps that didn't harvest as much data as possible, but did the job for what it is intended, that would be more acceptable.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

How does stating that the majority of Covid deaths are elderly and sick translate to "I want people to die for me" ? Ridiculous statement.

Yes I'm stuck somewhere I don't want to be, like thousands of other people. Never said screw the risk to anyone else so we can get home.

I wear a mask, I abide by the local rules in place just as you say you do.

Protecting vulnerable people does not mean giving up privacy rights. Governments around the world have failed to protect vulnerable groups.

If they really spent some time on apps that didn't harvest as much data as possible, but did the job for what it is intended, that would be more acceptable.

No its not you seem to be hell bent again any restriction that does not suit you. I on the other hand hate the restrictions as much as you but accept them for the greater good. A tracking app CAN help a lot if someone is diagnosed with corvid to trace back who they came in contact with and making sure it does not spread as much. So by complaining so much about stuff like this and air-travel it seems a lot like your putting your welfare ahead of those of others. That IMHO not the way to go in a situation like this. 

Yes governments have failed but does that mean we should not try. Its kinda like the standard excuse from people running a red light.. but others do it too. To wrongs don't make a right.

Of course apps should not harvest much data and privacy is an issue but right now I think that should take the back seat. If you want a country to open up again you have to accept that measures like this are needed to make sure the disease does not spread once it happens.

You can't have it both ways opening up and not having any extra measures in place. 

• Sad 1

When they let the TOT preferred customer back in the Chinese how are they going to social distance that lot at a seafood buffet with the prawns on the table it will go straight out of the window 

On 5/18/2020 at 7:35 AM, miamiman123 said:

Complete unadulterated nonsense.

i sleep every night w my GF, but when I go out to a Thai restaurant I have to be separated by a plexiglass screen or sit at another table and then I have to pay for the food bill.

absolute BS!

Thailand restaurant trade may very well be done! 
I’m sorry to say 

Ofcourse you have to pay for the bill , or did you think everything is free for you because you have a GF . The point is for live to get back to normal little by little and loosening the rules slowely is a start . I geuss when you don't eat at a restaurant you do your shopping by yourself and i am 100% sure that you do not clean every single peace of things you bought so the danger is as big as eating in a restaurant but i don't hear you complain about you will never bee eating food again because the food industry is a total BS . 

On 5/18/2020 at 6:43 PM, fittobethaied said:

The Word of God has the answer to any problem you could ever have. I would personally apply Matthew 18:15-17. This is God's remedy for conflict in any relationship and will work not only for the Christian, but it will work for those who are not Christians. The idea is to be reconciled with anyone who has sinned against you, but if they will not be reconciled then the idea is to discontinue fellowship with them indefinitely until they experience remorse and repent. Just because they are your in-laws doesn't mean they are exempt from being disciplined because of their sin. Don't sugar coat it....what they are doing is absolutely sin against you, your daughter, your wife and God. Put them out of fellowship if necessary and wait for them to repent. If they don't then turn around, shake the dust from your shoes and walk away from them. If you have the Word of God you don't need a psychologist or a psychiatrist. 

Matthew Chapter 18:

15 “If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over. 16 But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’[d] 17 If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector.

Don't know how this post got into this topic. I posted it in another topic, so will the administrators kindly delete it from here.