Districts open and travel restrictions

michael888

Does anyone know which districts are open (for driving to)?  I want  to drive to Khao Lak from Bangkok.  I cant seem to be able to get this information from anywhere.  It's like a big secret or something.  I am also trying to figure out if beaches in Khao Lak are open?  Thanks.

3 hours ago, dluek said:

Not in Khao Lak but I've been following the situation closely across all coastal provinces. From what I understand, Phang Nga is one of the provinces (like Trat, Ranong, Satun, Trang) still requiring a valid reason to enter the province. Tourism is not one of them. If you're allowed in, self quarantine with checks by local authorities is required. Beaches in the province were never closed. 

I have been told that i can leave Trat but if i stay away overnight, on my return i must self isolate for 14 days.

15 hours ago, dluek said:

Not in Khao Lak but I've been following the situation closely across all coastal provinces. From what I understand, Phang Nga is one of the provinces (like Trat, Ranong, Satun, Trang) still requiring a valid reason to enter the province. Tourism is not one of them. If you're allowed in, self quarantine with checks by local authorities is required. Beaches in the province were never closed. 

So beaches were never closed in phang nga?  Ive asked many people, from surf shops to hotels to my gfs colleagues ...i get a different answer from everyone.  Id say it 60/40 closed / open.  But they wont let me enter probably you are saying.  Im trying to go surf.   

And what does the self quarantine entail?  Will they just drop by randomly?  Or will they call? Email?  Ride up on a bicycle?  Orwelian <deleted>ehouse this world has become.

Edited by michael888

Good info in the thread about the still restricted provinces that thus are next to impossible to travel to mainly in the south as Ranong (Ko Phayam), Phangnga (KaoLak), Trang (KO Libong), Satun (Ko Lipe).

How about Surat though? I understand mainland should be OK but main islands like samui, phangan etc still off limits like Phuket? Any updates?

Maybe Ko Lanta in Krabi would be OK this time?

Also I heard Phitsanulok in upper north is restricted? Chiang Mai had inbound quarantine order on 2nd May. Is it still in force (for residents)? As I'm planning to make the long way up from Nakhon soon so need to plan careful apparently the provinces to avoid ????

Edited by worldfun

Try contacting the local tourist police in the area you're planning to visit. They usually have an English speaker and can give you updates. I've driven around quite alot since this started from home in hua hin to Kanchanaburi, Korat , bkk a few times now and south to Pratchuap and Chumphon then Ranong and back....Never been stopped at any checkpoint they don't seem to want to be bothered. Roll the window down as you approach a checkpoint , give a smile and a salute...At one checkpoint outside of Kanchanaburi the cop says "where you going?" I said to Erawan national park. Then he said park closed, so I said "no worries just ride around and take a look" He just laugh and wave me on..

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Greg O said:

Try contacting the local tourist police in the area you're planning to visit. They usually have an English speaker and can give you updates. I've driven around quite alot since this started from home in hua hin to Kanchanaburi, Korat , bkk a few times now and south to Pratchuap and Chumphon then Ranong and back....Never been stopped at any checkpoint they don't seem to want to be bothered. Roll the window down as you approach a checkpoint , give a smile and a salute...At one checkpoint outside of Kanchanaburi the cop says "where you going?" I said to Erawan national park. Then he said park closed, so I said "no worries just ride around and take a look" He just laugh and wave me on..

I was in trat for quite a while march 26 _ may 1 ( ko chang).   Way back to bkk was a breeze, just like you said/ no probs.  Waves are firing (cyclone )  i surf.  Might have to run the gauntlet