Trump says he is taking hydroxychloroquine as hedge against virus

webfact

8 hours ago, bannork said:

Hopefully he'll be snorting one of the disinfectants soon. A couple of lines of Vim in the morning should keep his chest clean for a while.

6 hours ago, Walker88 said:

This is more likely:

1) 45 is lying, is not taking  it, but feels humiliated because he made a fool of himself and is covering for his painfully fragile ego, plus he couldn't care less if his goobers take it and they die

2) His doctor is just giving 45 sugar pills, but 45 doesn't know it

Of course, given his obesity and terrible cholesterol profile, he is a prime candidate for suffering the worst consequences of hydroxychloroquine, and Pence and other Administration folks see no real harm or loss in that possibility

ZZZZzzzzzzzzz.............

• Sad 2

8 hours ago, bannork said:

Hopefully he'll be snorting one of the disinfectants soon. A couple of lines of Vim in the morning should keep his chest clean for a while.

He could  try  some OMO too!

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

You're omitting the first 2 claims he made which I debunked. I'll leave the rest of his incorrect claims to someone else.

You agreeing with incorrect claims is ok, I'm used to it.

You debunked nothing, you merely made a statement and offered no credible evidence to support your statements and as far as I can tell you are are not an authority on the subject.

Even your once again witty closing comment is further evidence you have no clue as to what you are speaking about, facts mean nothing to you.

please state what incorrect claims I have agreed with? Just another untruthful statement from stevenl, the list continues to grow.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nigel Garvie said:

When I travelled to India in the early 1990s my Scottish doctor insisted I take chloroquine to avoid Malaria, 1 week before leaving, all the time there, and for 4 weeks on return. It made me feel absolutely Krapp. Next time I visited, a good local Indian doctor said "What the hell are you doing that for, you will seriously damage your liver".

Ditto 

During my stint as a Peace Corps volunteer in West Africa (1974-76), the U.S. government policy was for us to be on a continuous schedule of taking chloroquine to prevent malaria. This was somewhat controversial at the time - the British volunteers did not take anything until they had an onset of malaria.

Even with the chloroquine, I got malaria a couple of times and it was like an extremely painful flu. At one point, I got hepatitis A (food borne), and the doctor took me off the chloroquine because they said it is a stress on the liver, adding the hepatitis stress on the liver.

My opinion is that one has to weigh the risks. Humans are not very good at that. So it is irresponsible for a leader to promote any drug that has different risk profiles for different groups and individuals.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Walker88 said:

This is more likely:

1) 45 is lying, is not taking  it, but feels humiliated because he made a fool of himself and is covering for his painfully fragile ego, plus he couldn't care less if his goobers take it and they die

2) His doctor is just giving 45 sugar pills, but 45 doesn't know it

Of course, given his obesity and terrible cholesterol profile, he is a prime candidate for suffering the worst consequences of hydroxychloroquine, and Pence and other Administration folks see no real harm or loss in that possibility

I think you're quite right; even if he himself thinks he's taking hydroxychloroquine, whoever is responsible for feeding him his meds is not stupid enough to actually give him this drug, so he's getting a placebo.

4 hours ago, GalaxyMan said:

Isn't that data from Donny Trump, Jr.? ????

the author of that article is being a bit deceitful with the numbers.

the title indicates the numbers are about "bleach poisonings" but the actual 38% increase is for "bleach exposures."  i can have a severe reaction after soaking my clothing in strong bleach through skin contact or fume inhalation, which we can assume some people were doing to kill germs on their clothing or food packaging.  that's an "exposure."  a small fraction of exposures could be due to swallowing tide pods, "poisoning."

additionally, trump did not recommend bleach.  he was talking about disinfectant.

now check the three graphs in the article:  bleach cases, hand sanitizer cases, and disinfectant cases.   anything interesting in the approximate time period after trump mentioned ...........disinfectant?

do read the text at the bottom of the graphs.  bleach and hand sanitizer cases were described as "exposure," whereas disinfectant cases were described as "ingestion."

note:  correlation does not imply causation

Edited by ChouDoufu
  • Like 1

The US Gov still issues this malaria drug. Usually start taking a week before entering danger area and continue taking 30 days after leaving the infected area. The last time I was given this drug was in Djibouti. Never actually took pills.

25 minutes ago, SometimezaGreatNotion said:

But sometimes there is substantial evidence that there is a direction of causation in a correlation.

For example, voting for Trump in 2016 was correlated with lower educational achievement.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/education-not-income-predicted-who-would-vote-for-trump/

Two possible directions of causation could be:

1. Trump caused less educated people to vote for him.

2. Having lower educational level caused people to vote for Trump.

i'd question that source if i was you....????

"she improved on Obama’s margin of victory in these countries by almost 9 percentage points"

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

i'd question that source if i was you....????

"she improved on Obama’s margin of victory in these countries by almost 9 percentage points"

I couldn't find that one, did find the mention of counties quite a few times.

• Haha 1