Trump says he is taking hydroxychloroquine as hedge against virus

webfact

53 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Thanks and good read. Exactly what Trump’s supporters feared; facts and truth. 

Haha politico.com, here’s a newsflash for you, I am fairly confident most Trump supporters could care less about that rag.

We have very little to fear, the Democrats don’t have a candidate to  defeat President Trump, and if Nancy continues to keep making a fool of herself the House will be a walk in the park too. 

57 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

You do know his buddy Rudy did invest two million in a company that manufacturers this ?

Always a good strategy if you have nothing constructive to add to the conversation just throw out some dirt with out checking the facts. 

Your great addition to the conversation is false news!

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/apr/09/tweets/fact-checking-rudy-giulianis-ties-hydroxychloroqui/ 

You might want to try sticking to the facts in the future instead of just repeating old defunct rumors, it might help you build up a little credibility.

57 minutes ago, CaptRon2 said:

Haha politico.com, here’s a newsflash for you, I am fairly confident most Trump supporters could care less about that rag.

We have very little to fear, the Democrats don’t have a candidate to  defeat President Trump, and if Nancy continues to keep making a fool of herself the House will be a walk in the park too. 

The House couldn't care less which one of their clowns is making a fool of themselves because they know even if they present for president an Orangutan and Donkey, people would still argue which one had more merit. 

25 minutes ago, stevenl said:

True, for Trump supporters facts don't matter.

26 minutes ago, stevenl said:

True, for Trump supporters facts don't matter.

Merriam-Webster Definition of bigot. : a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (such as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

Every time someone uses the words Trump supporters (indicating all of us) they further define themselves as a textbook definitions of a bigot. 

Do you agree that bigotry is improper and generally speaking bigots would be considered ignorant people?

Your very enlightening response to my post that  “for Trump supporters fact  don’t matter” is the well thought out, fact filled type of statementI remember hearing around the third grade, thanks for the trip back to my childhood.

• Haha 1

Thank goodness The Real Donald is back in front of the camera. 

Hopefully, he's actually taking a nice pharmaceutical cocktail along with a daily does of household disinfectants and sticking a power light up his backside. Maybe if he adds a couple more nonsensical snake-oil "treatments" he'll do the world a favor and be overcome by them.  

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Grumpy one said:

When will he start taking medication for loose bowel movements from his mouth 

The condition is way too far advanced in the patient for there to be any hope of an effective treatment.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

This is a pretty ridiculous argument.  If I'm a Yankees fan and I speak negatively of Red Sox fans, does that make me a bigot?

If I despise white supremacists, does that make me a bigot?

If I say Flat-Earthers are nuts, does that make me a bigot?

Trump supporters as a group do have a problem with facts and the truth.  This is not a bigoted statement but a rather accurate observation.  Listen to Howard Stern.  Yes, the same Howard Stern who knows Donald Trump better than almost any Trump supporter.  He says Trump despises you.  Just watch the first minute of this clip. 

A bit of the cattle  cheering for the butcher on their way to the slaughter house. 

• Like 2

I've been taking it for the last week and a half. A pill every day," Trump told reporters.

He is lying or he has not read the package insert. 555

As a preventive measure, hydroxychloroquine is taken only once a week (one tablet).

If he claims he takes a tablet a day, he is probably lying. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Having read up on the list of likely side effects I think he might be telling the truth.

An overdose can lead to headaches, visual disturbances, cardiac arrhythmia, loss of consciousness, cramps, respiratory and cardiac arrest. 

I don't think his personal doctor would allow that. That's why I think he's lying.

18 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

An overdose can lead to headaches, visual disturbances, cardiac arrhythmia, loss of consciousness, cramps, respiratory and cardiac arrest. 

I don't think his personal doctor would allow that. That's why I think he's lying.

He has a history of not paying his employees salaries. So you never know.......

Edited by Phil McCaverty
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, rabas said:

Start: My non partisan contribution to this discussion .....

Ending:  disruptive forces like Don Donald are required for this diabolical stage play called life on earth, to proceed. 

What's in between is basically incorrect on all levels. Azithromycin is not required, zinc is, and prophylaxis is likely far more useful for Chloroquine (+zinc). Many medical workers are on it for that purpose and many studies under way.

BTW, for prophylaxis they give zinc everyday and one chloroquine tablet per week up to one tablet per three weeks. No harm, anyone can take it, even kids.

Children under 35 kg body weight: The drug should not be used.

one chloroquine tablet per week:

That would be the correct preventive dose (as malaria prophylaxis). however, if DT claims he has been taking one tablet every day for 1.5 weeks, he is lying or is too stupid to read the instructions for use.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Berkshire said:

This is a pretty ridiculous argument.  If I'm a Yankees fan and I speak negatively of Red Sox fans, does that make me a bigot?

If I despise white supremacists, does that make me a bigot?

If I say Flat-Earthers are nuts, does that make me a bigot?

Trump supporters as a group do have a problem with facts and the truth.  This is not a bigoted statement but a rather accurate observation.  Listen to Howard Stern.  Yes, the same Howard Stern who knows Donald Trump better than almost any Trump supporter.  He says Trump despises you.  Just watch the first minute of this clip. 

Well I finally agree with you on something, yes you are making a ridiculous argument, and yes you are a bigot in each of your examples. Was the definition not clear enough for you? 

You make a statement like Trump supporters as a group have a problem with facts and the truth? Is 100% a bigoted statement, and an untrue statement. 

Howard Stern is an expert now, that is actually your credible evidence that Trump supporters have a problem with facts? Well you say it is a ridiculous argument why did you make it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

From what I have read, hydroxychloroquine has proved very efficacious as a prophylaxis measure. Has had some success in low to moderate severity CV 19 cases if taken with Zinc and Azithromycin and has had very poor results in cases of moderate severity and above. I think most of the testing has been on moderate and more severe cases.

What you read? Or what the stooges on FOX have been broadcasting?

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, ALLSEEINGEYE said:

What you read? Or what the stooges on FOX have been broadcasting?

What does it matter? It's between Trump and his doctor. Frankly, all this wailing and gnashing of teeth makes people look silly.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

Trump is not an arbitrary private individual. He explains his dosage to the whole world. Why does he do this? He trumpeted it. So if the president of the United States released medical information in the biggest pandemic since 100 years, it all matters. 

Ask yourself who is ignorant here

And make the effort to read the package insert for the medication.

It is known that DT tells a lot of garbage and that he is a notorious liar, so it doesn't hurt to critically check the information content of his statements.

Yes, I've asked myself who is ignorant here. So who should I assume has better information? The president's doctor and the president himself, or random posters on TVF with an obvious axe to grind.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

Trump is not an arbitrary private individual. He explains his dosage to the whole world. Why does he do this? He trumpeted it. So if the president of the United States released medical information in the biggest pandemic since 100 years, it all matters. 

Ask yourself who is ignorant here

And make the effort to read the package insert for the medication.

It is known that DT tells a lot of garbage and that he is a notorious liar, so it doesn't hurt to critically check the information content of his statements.

package insert most likely does not cover treatment for this new virus.  there are other dosages:

The dosage varies depending on what the medications are being used for. On the low end, hydroxychloroquine is taken as 400 mg orally once a week for malaria prevention and should be continued for 4 weeks after leaving an endemic area. On the high end, hydroxychloroquine is taken as 200 mg to 400 mg daily for rheumatoid arthritis.

https://www.goodrx.com/blog/coronavirus-medicine-chloroquine-hydroxychloroquine-as-covid19-treatment/

It recommended chloroquine phosphate tablet, 500mg twice per day for 10 days for patients diagnosed as mild, moderate and severe cases of novel coronavirus pneumonia and without contraindications to chloroquine.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32164085/

fda emergency authorization, no dosage indicated.

https://www.fda.gov/media/136534/download

3 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

I'll leave that to Trump and his doctor. I'm sure the people who keep saying we should listen to medical professionals will agree with me, yes?

Have you read the doctor's actual words (not what Trump claims the doctor said)? It looks like they have been written by his lawyer.

Edited by candide

He's the president. 

He could get a doctor to sign a scrip for crack if he demanded it. As far as I'm concerned he's a very very very big old boy and he can take any risks that he wants with his own body.

But again he's the president.

He's hyping this unproven and obviously sometimes dangerous prophylactic treatment.

About 35 percent of Americans basically worship this guy.

So he's setting an example that is very dangerous to his own fans.

Adding to that, this man is extremely irresponsible. It's known he has had some very close exposure to the virus.

So what does he do today? He goes to the senate which has many very elderly people and refuses to wear a mask.

That is unacceptable. What kind of "leader" is this? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

I've been taking it for the last week and a half. A pill every day," Trump told reporters.

He is lying or he has not read the package insert. 555

As a preventive measure, hydroxychloroquine is taken only once a week (one tablet).

If he claims he takes a tablet a day, he is probably lying. 

When I was issued this drug we started taking daily a week before entering the Malaria danger zone and continued a month after leaving. Not sure where you get the once weekly.

• Like 1