Ford Sticks With The Investment Plan?

ThaiGoon

You should have seen what bangers was like back in the 80's - then you will understand.

you understand even better when you have seen Bangkok (as i did) the first time in 1973 and in consecutive years.

Snobs!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh well,

Thailand to weigh new foreign business ownership rules

"Many Japanese companies are very concerned about the new law," said Tetsuji Banno, head of the Japanese Chamber of Commerce. "If they don't understand it well, they may put new investment elsewhere."

:o Foreign investment applications in September 2006 through February 2007 dropped about 49 percent from a year earlier. :D

http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/04/22/news/baht.php

CCLUB75,

You as usual - miss the point completely. You implied that LOS could not replicate what was happening in china and thus wrote it off as a lost cause. Please validate this point - if you can.

Why don't you give us some informative knowledge as to why?

CDNVIC,

Although my views are not conventional thinking, they are still valid as in factually from a different perspective. You would have been able to figure this out were it not for your limited knowledge of all things.

I wrote those sentences for two reasons:

1) To point out that facts can differ from what most think and know, and

2) To compel the likes of you - who like to make wisecracks without substantiation, or knowledge of basic history - to show themselves for who they really are!

and for Think TOO NoT as well, and BINGO,

why can't any of you formulate a convincing argument - about the topic - as to why you think LOS has no future.

I am not condoning what the two perceived powers did - Japan and Germany - in their atrocious acts of aggression, but if you can try to think logically - rather than emotionally - and if you know the history of what led up to their acts of aggression then you would not be making such unvalidated statement.

First, these two countries were well on their way to domination.

Second, they were also misled - and yes the fault is theirs for being so naive - into believing they had the support of, and encourgement of other leading western powers in fomenting a division of the world into pieces of the pie if you will.

Third, as we all should know, considering we are all literate adults, is that politics is just that - politicking. It is about playing a game of one upmanship and if you can make a move to make another fall off a precipice to give you an advantage - well why not.

Fourth, getting more to the point - although both countries did do what was unthinkable to us now, but not then - by the time of the acts of aggression - their hands were tied and their populations were in effect on the verge of a slow death. In the example of Japan, they were led to believe their actions were supported only to be blockaded with no sources of fuel, the fuel needed to do all things for survivial from producing food to heating their homes - once the western power brokers realized they were becoming too strong, too fast to the point of being eclipsed by them.

Think Too Much,

Where is the soviet thinking model and the marxist theories explained???

and

CDNVIC,

Please NOW prove my earlier assumptions wrong!!! And where any of this is funny???

AND, again, rather than making wisecracks why not try and formulate a reasionable argument - as any debater will tell you - a good argument can win any debate, irregardless of the topic or facts.

OR

Should we just assume you posters for what most on this board have already concluded = bar stool jockeys using this site as their only social life!

And venting because you were thinking with the little brain.

SORRY if I have been absent - but I do have other things to do!

It's the same fanatical, utterly incomprehensible and irrational gobledegook coming from both of them, in the same unmistakable mentally-retarded-third-grader-on-crack writing style.

JEEBUSJONES,

If my writing is incomprehensible, then I can understand your lot in life.

If you truly have trouble following anything I have written - then I do truly feel pity for you - really I do!

Care to show us some insight into this thread???

Maybe you can offer us some answers since your other compatriots seem unable to lay out a reasonable argument on any of the above matters.

I have to agree with what others have said earlier on this thread - there are so many people here that just shoot without aiming, sure makes getting useful information or having meaningful banter difficult

Ford has been operating in Thailand since 1960:

http://www.ford.co.th/servlet/ContentServe...e&c=DFYPage

Ford produces vehicles here that are exported to over 100 markets around the world:

http://www.bangkokpost.net/57pro2003/ford.html

Big companies like ford, Shell Oil, Coke etc often make disastrous investments and get away with it because they have huge turnovers and many other interests in many other countries to hide the losses.

Ford, in particular, seem to have very weak management, hence their prevailing losses over the past decade and now this decision to move to Thailand :o .

As I say, it's OK if you're a MNC and loss a few hundred million, it's only shareholders funds anyway, but if you're the average punter losing tens or hundreds of thousands of $ can really huirt and you may not get another go at it.

So I wouldn't take much notice of the OP's attempt to paint Thailand as a promising investment opportunity, by any means. Scan the board, have a look at what most people are saying about working/living here and remember, a dollar invested in Thailand is usually a dollar spent.

No flaming of members. No insulting of members. If you're not sure what that means, read the forum rules. About 15 posts in this thread have been deleted for such flames and insults.

This is about Ford and Thailand. We needn't say that Thai people are bad, or that farang are bad.