Cost of a new pool?

saminoz

I am not sure if someone has raised this before, but what are the likely costs for adding a small pool (say, 4mx3mx1.5m) to my new house builds?

Recommendations for suppliers in the Lampang/Chiang Mai area appreciated guys!

Thanks

A hand rule use to be 1 million baht, but that can be extremely plus and minus, and also depend on access for machines and cement truck, pump(s), filtration system, and finish.

Get some local quotes, preferably specified, so you can compare brand name prices for, for example circulation pump and filter. I was quoted three times up price in one of the quotes I got – which I of course rejected, because how were the other things calculated? – another constructor quoted me 5,000 baht a day for his farang electrician, I could from experience be satisfied with the work from a Thai electrician for 500 baht to 1,000 baht a day; and I was. Also the control box is an item to compare, often it's an already manufactured box from an electric supply shop, which could be in the area of 10,000 baht or even less, depending of number of pumps and other electrically controlled items, but could be quoted much higher.

250k baht to 500k baht could be within possibilities.

Edited by khunPer

Isn't there a pool company which is like 10 years old, has good reviews online (without removing the negative ones), safety certifications, quality certifications, warranty on leakage/safety and so on....

I would rather pay double price for a real good pool than for one who starts leaking in 3 years, is missing tiles, broken lights, bad filtersystems and so on....

• Thanks 1

for around 20-30 k you could start with a steel liner temporary option from peter pool in udonthani. i ordered the smallest 360 cm diameter 90cm deep with a sand filter etc. and its been the star of this quarantine boredom. they have tons of different models on their website from above to inground in various materials and its a german/thai company. i ordered everything from bangkok and it was super easy and quick.

26 minutes ago, Jenkins9039 said:

main cost is the sump room and all the electronics.

Then can that be mitigated by the hang on the wall, outboard motor looking pipeless filtration system?

• Haha 1

We have house in Hang Dong and San Pa Tong. My wife is a builder with contact with the best of Changs (poolbuilder now also). She is building a pool now. First price she got was 800 000 bath. Then 600.000 bath and now she is building the pool (her self) total cost 350 000 bath! But she have to change people many times for getting the best work done. The pool..hm..I think is about 8m long and 3,5 m wide. Its almost finish so if you want to take look you can do. Email me in that case.

8 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

my pool was built 3 years ago, 5 x 10 m, 850,000 Baht.  It is a fresh water UV pool, very pleased with it. PM if you need additional info. 

There is a Pool factory close to Map Ta Phut Owned by an Australian Guy he makes the Pools here in Thailand & Exports all over the World,

His S/pools are the latest & greatest Technolgy simple to install & not Expensive, He has many Designes to suit your application,  

Swimming Pool.jpg

This August, I will start  inground concrete pool construction. It will be 11x3.5m

and 1.25m constant depth. I like skimmer salt water but my parter prefers overflow and fresh water UV. I Still have time to make final choice. I am close to HangDong HonePro

19 hours ago, CNX69 said:

This August, I will start  inground concrete pool construction. It will be 11x3.5m

and 1.25m constant depth. I like skimmer salt water but my parter prefers overflow and fresh water UV. I Still have time to make final choice. I am close to HangDong HonePro

Noted Mate Call this Ph No 089 724 4801 Guys name is Keith he is part of an Australian team that Build Swimming Pools in the Map Tha Phut Rayong Area, & he could save you some $$$$$  plus they have a nice range to chose from, Good Luck,

• 5 months later...
On 5/23/2020 at 9:45 AM, vcpeters said:

Just finish 8x14x1.2m pool in Korat. Everything is best quality for Thailand including pumphouse with bathroom 2 million 

That is about right! The rest of the thread from toss@rs are lacking eperience & reality!!

• 3 months later...
On 5/20/2020 at 8:06 AM, saminoz said:

I am not sure if someone has raised this before, but what are the likely costs for adding a small pool (say, 4mx3mx1.5m) to my new house builds?

Recommendations for suppliers in the Lampang/Chiang Mai area appreciated guys!

Thanks

PM me 

• 2 months later...

In the real world you are looking at 20 - 22 K per sq/m for a VAT registered compny to build a pool.

We are just about to commission a 200 sq/m pool up country with Pebblecrete finish. We did consultation over see with local builders on the shell. Lucky the owner called me in as they had started and where about to make many mistakes. The cost comes in at 2.3 m. About 2 m short if we built it. We did the plumbing, surface finish, supplied equipment & installed. Will be commissioning in the next few days. Rain slowed us down. TIT. Cool Blue PebbleCrete main pool with Iridescant Azure Blue PebbleSupreme Jacuzzi. 2 x Low salt ECO PuraPool salt chlorinators. "Eco Clear" recycled plateglass filtration media!

1621596405773.jpg

1621764112517.jpg

1621764114247.jpg

1621949792292.jpg

1622120206763.jpg

1622120210782.jpg

1621920196223.jpg

• Like 1

I* don't want to get into the price debate, but if you have the room, it might be worth the extra to go a bit bigger... mine goes about 9m long and it is enough to feel like I am getting some exercise... 

To build now, the same pool would cost me abt 1.2MM and I love having it. Lampang and CM are not really the same areas... I can recommend someone really good but i don't think he would go further than Lamphun...

Edited by 1FinickyOne
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

I* don't want to get into the price debate, but if you have the room, it might be worth the extra to go a bit bigger... mine goes about 9m long and it is enough to feel like I am getting some exercise... 

To build now, the same pool would cost me abt 1.2MM and I love having it. Lampang and CM are not really the same areas... I can recommend someone really good but i don't think he would go further than Lamphun...

I have teams that work all over LOS! 

Recently got prices from 6 companies in Koh Samui (yeah, not the north) for the house owner where I'm staying to build a 7x12 (.80 to 1.6m slope) pool Pebble-Tec finish), pump room, fairly good size terrace by professional pool construction companies.  Quotes came in at 1.3 to 2.2M baht. Final pool size was a bit smaller (5x12) and total cost came in just under 1M. Rebar and tons of concrete for this build. Your mileage may vary. For the OP's pool, looking at probably not exceeding 300k but agree go a bit bigger if you can. Enjoy!