Tourist Needing to Quarantine?

48 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

No one has a glass-bowl good enough to tell whether free travel will be possible end of July.

It's roll a dice.

Thailand puts countries on a risk assessment list.

And as far as I know the Covid situation in the US is less than excellent.

So I wouldn't be too optimistic.

The first to know are the airlines,  they get notified weeks before the general public. 

Honest airlines will not sell tickets if they know they are not going to fly. 

As of now,  AFAIK  airlines are not selling tickets for July departing from Europe (we tried). US may be different, but I doubt it.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, uhuh said:

The first to know are the airlines,  they get notified weeks before the general public. 

As of now,  AFAIK  airlines are not selling tickets for July departing from Europe (we tried). US may be different, but I doubt it.

My son has a flight booked with Qatar end (30th) July...Man/BKK... booked 3 weeks ago...????

Edited by petermik

2 hours ago, uhuh said:

Hm. Lufthansa would let me make a booking in June. 

What am I supposed to say? 

Screenshot_20200521-120504_Chrome.jpg

Hope you did not pay for your flights...Thailand CLOSED til at least June 30. And when reopens a 14 day mandatory quarantine in hotel supervised 7/24 by Thai health and Army.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, travelerjim said:

Thailand CLOSED til at least June 30.//

True

And when reopens a 14 day mandatory quarantine in hotel supervised 7/24 by Thai health and Army. //

Nobody knows about that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, petermik said:

My son has a flight booked with Qatar end (30th) July...Man/BKK... booked 3 weeks ago...????

Qata Airways is flying. Unless your son is Thai He may well be refused boarding as he may not be allowed to enter Thailand.

Booking a ticket is different from being allowed to fly or enter Thailand.

Hope you did not pay for your flights...Thailand CLOSED til at least June 30. And when reopens a 14 day mandatory quarantine in hotel supervised 7/24 by Thai health and Army.

You know this how? Quarantines will have to end BEFORE they can re-open. Even Italy said they will end quarantines for arriving EU nationals when they re-open on June 3rd.

Thailand doesn't have the resources to quarantine potentially hundreds of thousands of visitors.

• Sad 1

US is definitely on Thailand's list of high-risk countries. Sounds like you plan to come as a tourist (correct me if wrong) and I'll be surprised if Thailand starts allowing tourists in as early as July. September-November is a lot more realistic for tourists in my opinion -- that's what several government officials have predicted. July-August seems more likely for expats with work permits only. But really, no one knows yet. And yes, if you are allowed in, state-provided quarantine will most likely be required.

4 hours ago, uhuh said:

^Completely false. The government is making these decisions based on how the virus is spreading in the country so they're not deciding weeks in advance. Many people had their flights cancelled last minute when Thailand started the international flight ban because airlines didn't know it was coming. Airlines WILL sell tickets even if they're not sure if they'll be able to fly. 

• Sad 1

Of course you can book a ticket for June.

The airlines need some money. After that, they can suggest you to rebook your ticket for free for a later date but still they have some money to work with.

• Like 1

I'm outside Thailand now with a work-permit and would be very lucky to make it back by July or August and will have to pay for quarantine. Then there may be retirees, married people, elite visas. Can't imagine any kind of tourism until the autumn.

Pertinent also, I was to be here in the Philippines for just 12 days. My return flight to Bangkok was cancelled March 20.

So I am still here, but have just managed to book on a Philippines Airline flight to Bangkok for June 14.

Without information from any Thai news, unless I've missed it, I'm assuming Philippine A would not sell me a ticket unless they knew they could land in Bangkok.

I have been renting a house in Thailand for 10 years, one which I go back to all the time, but on Tourist visas and 30-day stamps, (Because I am a frequent traveler with obligations in Australia and Europe.)  I don't need hotels.

I expect I will be quarantined upon arrival June 14, especially as I see there are calls for an extended State of Emergency.

I am asking my landlady to prepare a letter so I can produce it on arrival, along with a medical certificate from a clinic here. I just and hope they will let me on the plane. ( will have a departing ticket of course.)

Fingers crossed.

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 20.46.21.png

Edited by TechnikaIII
Shortened the blurb.
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, kingofallasians said:

I read the US Travel Dept. and they had a list of countries mainly from Europe.  The USA was not on the list to quarantine.  You would think it would be!

That's easy: No quarantine - because no entry.  Say thank you to Trump.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, TechnikaIII said:

I am a frequent traveler with obligations in Australia and Europe.)  I don't need hotels.

Not anymore.  

Obligations/commitments are being postponed all over the world.

Things may change, but no one knows when AFAIK

• Like 1

21 hours ago, kingofallasians said:

I booked July 30 and come back in October.

Don't despair, July 30 is along way as far as Covid 19 developments go. Every morning I wake,up the first thing I do is log on to Google News and read the headlines. 

Today's Good news. Two different studies indicate immunity after having Covid 19. So who knows by then you might have a Covid 19 immunity passport. A lot of work is being done with antibodies squired from those who had it also.  

I am fairly optimistic that Unless there is a second wave (unlikely until winter) you should have no problem with July 30th, and since you are staying three months a 14 quarantine at a nice Hotel should not be a problem. Bring your kindle, lots of good E-books and plenty of suntan lotion. 

IMO if we get to that point, luxurious quarantine would be a good business opportunity for many of the empty hotels,  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TechnikaIII said:

It looks pretty good to me. Philippine Airlines have confirmed the booking.

UPDATE 5/18/2020: CAAT Extends Ban on Incoming International Flights Until June 30 – On May 15, the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT) announced the extension until June 30, 2020 of the ban on incoming international flights. 

I think you may have a problem.

• Thanks 1