Air Asia Refunds Process on Co19 Cancelled Flights

denis911

On 5/22/2020 at 9:27 AM, Don Mega said:

Are they even giving refunds ?.

I thought they were just giving credits.

They gave me credits and took their sweet time with it.

Just booked ROI to DMK for September for my UK trip.

Best airline on refunds has been Qatar air, refunded me for two flights and one partial ticket and give me a fair rate not just insurance tax.

I thanked them by booking a business seat return for UK in September. Good price too.

Very good EMIRATES Customer Service.

Yesterday I received a message from EMIRATES about the not used return-flight I had booked for my lady and myself (BKK - Dubai - Brussels on May 1, 2020 and return on 3 June, 2020).

Back then end of March 2020 Emirates had cancelled the Dubai - Brussels flight due to covid at that moment. When I enquired about a refund in April 2020, Emirates told me I could either request a refund or use that same reservation-number as it would be valid for 12 months for same itinerary without any extra cost.

Obviously I did choose for the latter, but that expiry date was approaching so I enquired again, and EMIRATES has extended the validity of those tickets I bought last year to THREE years.

Perfect service, as the ticket-prices would be considerably higher now. So I now have still more than 2 years to decide when to use that return ticket.

• Like 1

I had that happen to a flight to Phuket from Udon Thani.  I complained to my credit card.  AirAsia responded to Visa with some huge paperwork.  I finally just took the credit as it was going to be such a pain in the a**.

Fortunately I used the credit.  I don't like to fly with them and prefer Thai smile.  Flights out of Udon Thani are very limited this last year of course with usually a long layover in Bangkok.  I've taken to just driving with a stop in Khon Kaen.  Luckily I enjoy driving plus I don't need to rent a car when I get there.

Not very happy with AirAsia.

On 5/22/2020 at 12:32 PM, Mahseer said:

I had 5 flights booked for April around Borneo and 23/03 filed for credit - no refund option - using the online AVA function. To date I have 4 flights fully credited but no sign of the 5th yet. Credit is good for one year.

My credit for a cancelled international flight on AirAsiaX was issued for 1 year then a week or so later it was changed to 2 years validity.

Edited by scorecard

On 5/22/2020 at 10:01 AM, tonray said:

Waiting 60 days already....just continues to say "In progress Under investigation"......i hope they realize I will not purchase any new tickets until old tickets are refunded. They are flat broke apparently.

Update: more than one year later...case closed they said I would be credited refund but never saw one satang. Thieves

Lion Air 3 months since they cancelled the flight and I asked for a refund. Keep emailing them but just get the standard we are working on it could take 5-6 months. 
basically they are milking it for all they can and don’t want to give the money back. Keep asking if I want to take credit on another flight, my answer is I won’t be flying Lion Air ever again. 
if I’d booked on a credit card it would have been easy to get the bank to refund the money because the airline did not provide a service,