Bangkok Pools now open from 6AM to 6PM - what science is driving this?

Stadtler

Our condo pools were open from 7AM until 11PM.  Now we are allowed only to swim between 6AM and 6PM.  During the week, anyone who still has a job, cannot get home in time to swim. What science could suggest opening the pool for that 12 hour period?

Again, swimming at 5PM ok, but swimming at 7PM is bad.  Why?

1 minute ago, Stadtler said:

What science could suggest opening the pool for that 12 hour period?

Again, swimming at 5PM ok, but swimming at 7PM is bad.  Why?

Not science, government mandate.  Go ahead and question authority, I applaud you.  I don't bother as they have an army, the means to fine you, or incarcerate you.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

Perhaps it is you (condo) not wanting to pay for two employees - can work one for a 12 hour shift.  Believe the rule now is there must be someone present.

Yeah, good luck with that.  They have CCTV.  No one is there and no one needs to be there. 

Nonsense make work.

On 5/24/2020 at 2:20 PM, Pravda said:

Millions of people lost their jobs and many in Thailand are starving and this is your big problem?

give the guy a break - if he needs to swim more than 12 hours a day, don't hold it against him...

I just wonder if he stops for lunch? 

Millions of people lost their jobs and many in Thailand are starving and this is your big problem?

And yours is to sit in a darkened room and tap this same old reply out ad nauseum ?

I didnt see he said its a "big problem".

Some people are real sad sacks...

On 5/24/2020 at 4:20 PM, Pravda said:

They lost their jobs because of the unprecedented decision to shutter entire markets and economies, for no good reason.

Similarly the decision to let pools be open for reduced hours is based on nothing. Complete nonsense.

Nothing to do with science rules are made not for you or anyone personal it is just in general maybe outside of your place there were as people noted in their response gathering near curfew so someone decided to change the rule and the result sometimes other suffer because of it.

There will always be a more serious issue somewhere in the world; that does not mean one should not question something less serious. We do have the capacity to think about more than one issue at a time. Our planet may become uninhabitable at the current rate and you dare mention something less important like people losing their jobs? 

14 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

They lost their jobs because of the unprecedented decision to shutter entire markets and economies, for no good reason.

Similarly the decision to let pools be open for reduced hours is based on nothing. Complete nonsense.

Said a pilot whose profession instantly spread the virus to the far corners of the earth!

I believe the rational may be because someone read something about UV. I would think chlorine would kill the virus. Into the pool! Make swimming mandatory.

Edited by rabas