Thai Chana QR Code Scanning - process doesn't seem to complete

SooKee

21 hours ago, cormanr7 said:

Yesterday and today I have visited several 7-11s. Though they all had several A4s with the QR code inside the shop and on the doors, I have not seen anyone using it. Staff seemed largely to have given up on this and just let customers write down name/tel. number with check-in and check-out times. Results in huge stacks of papers in larger/busy shops. 

my local 7/11 even no QR papers or book to sign in ….. my good old 7/11 act as a genuine Thai 7/11

Today I was even prepared with a dumb phone in pocket ,only as usual handwashing , mask , and temperature taking .

So far I've managed to ignore this. My phone is a very old one so it won't do the job. I do have a tablet with a Thai pay as you go SIM card but I don't usually take it shopping with me, it's a bit too big and I've already dropped it a couple of times and cracked the screen, so I don't go mobile with it any more. As it's a pay as you go SIM as soon as I turn data on it starts charging me and I find my credit quickly gone so I  only turn on data when I actually need it and sign up for a 24 hour plan. At home I use it connected to my router. 

When it comes to signing the paper entry / exit log I never remember my phone number anyway. I gather some are signing fictitious names and numbers. If I was pushed in to doing this by staff at a mall that's what I'd be doing, which seems pointless

Now if the Thais were kind enough t give me a smart phone, sim, and a subscription......well I'd be happy to comply.

• 1 month later...

It wasn't completing on mine, either.  Today I took the advice from earlier in the thread and manually disabled wifi on my phone, even though I wasn't connected to wifi at Makro.  Then it worked.  I just had to remember to re-enable wifi when I headed home.