Some info from immigration division 1

The curious thing about this post, is the taped-over bit on the image. 

You will be able to reside in Thailand __________ without having to apply for an extension. 

That "________" part used to say July 31, 2020" I believe.  Why is it being covered, now?  Maybe plans to extend it?

25 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

The curious thing about this post, is the taped-over bit on the image. 

That "________" part used to say July 31, 2020" I believe.  Why is it being covered, now?  Maybe plans to extend it?

I think the taped over part said April 30th that the amnesty originally was to end on before they extended it to July 31st.

I wish they would word to it to include Extensions of Stay 30 and 60 that also did not expire prior to March 26th, I've read on a few Facebook posts that the IO's may interpret it as Visa's only. Unless it's just a general translation

• Confused 1

What also caught my eye from the OP is that Bangkokians requiring the services of Counter K are now obliged to travel 8km to some location which appears to be even further out in the back of beyond than "sunny" Chaengwattana!

10 hours ago, OJAS said:

What also caught my eye from the OP is that Bangkokians requiring the services of Counter K are now obliged to travel 8km to some location which appears to be even further out in the back of beyond than "sunny" Chaengwattana!

I think that may be outdated info. I can recall a post saying they had closed that location.

15 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

Yet there are still unscrupulous Thai visa agents touting for business on FB ...

Why not? There are still those who require extensions, which are not covered by the amnesty. I agree with the unscrupulous bit however.