Air con drain water

Andrew Dwyer

The water from my air con unit in the bedroom drains about 5 or 6 litres a night.

The air con is right above my water pump and tank so I have a pipe to take it to floor level but then it really has nowhere to go.

For a few weeks I have been collecting it and pouring it on a few trees I have in the garden.

But ideally I would like to direct it into my 700 ltrs water tank , we don’t drink this water and it appears to be crystal clear.

Any reason why I shouldn’t do this ??

3 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Any reason why I shouldn’t do this ??

No reason at all not to do.

If the A/C and pipes are clean it's actually very good water having been condensed out of the air.

• Like 2

Small confession to make ????

I actually did it about 3 weeks ago and didn’t tell the old lady ( need to know basis and all that ???? ).

Today the air con cleaner asked her if he could remove it to clean !! She then questioned my logic, obviously !!

Soo, although I had googled it previously I thought a visit to the TVF oracle was required for moral backup !

8FD543B5-0CEF-4BDB-94A7-9C14EA244EC6.thumb.jpeg.7e7211318a6be924706a43c3cac62386.jpeg

Thanks guys .

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Small confession to make ????

I actually did it about 3 weeks ago and didn’t tell the old lady ( need to know basis and all that ???? ).

Today the air con cleaner asked her if he could remove it to clean !! She then questioned my logic, obviously !!

You have been a very naughty boy, and deserve a spanking! ????

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

and it appears to be crystal clear.

I will be odd man out on this as have had to power clean many drain pipes over the years if on angle.  Have you checked the drain tray in your air conditioner?  It is not crystal clear by any means in my experience and often is so dirty as to cause blockage and full of god only knows what.  Let the earth clean it.  There is a reason we clean AC every six months - just look at the gook that come out (same path as water drainage).

• Like 2