Hitachi Well Pump

Hello, this is my first post.

I would like to get any leads as to how to obtain information for a Hitachi Well Pump, model number WT-P150F.

I visited a friend of mine, in Northern Thailand, a village about an hours drive north of Chiang Mai. During my visit to her mothers house I was told that the well pump no longer shuts off and on as before and now runs continuously. She mentioned that she had the pump serviced, however, it still does not function as before (on and off) intermittently, so they unplug the pump and plug it back in to run, when water to the house is needed.

I attempted to get information in an effort to find out the problem, but, as yet have been unsuccessful in finding this pump information on the internet. I've tried several variations, in Google, and have had no luck as yet. Does anyone know where I can get information for this pump.

The pump is labeled Hitachi Well Pump, model WT-P150F. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Californiaman

Edited by Californiaman

Hello, this is my first post.

I would like to get any leads as to how to obtain information for a Hitachi Well Pump, model number WT-P150F.

I visited a friend of mine, in Northern Thailand, a village about an hours drive north of Chiang Mai. During my visit to her mothers house I was told that the well pump no longer shuts off and on as before and now runs continuously. She mentioned that she had the pump serviced, however, it still does not function as before (on and off) intermittently, so they unplug the pump and plug it back in to run, when water to the house is needed.

I attempted to get information in an effort to find out the problem, but, as yet have been unsuccessful in finding this pump information on the internet. I've tried several variations, in Google, and have had no luck as yet. Does anyone know where I can get information for this pump.

The pump is labeled Hitachi Well Pump, model WT-P150F. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Californiaman

I have a Hitachi HTC-175S and will dig out the manual, scan it, and then post for you.

Sounds like one or more of 3 possibilities though.

1. There's a broken pipe or major leak somewhere.

2. The pressure switch has bellied up.

3. The bladder has been ruptured.

1 and 3 would not allow the pressure to build up and shut off the pump. #2 you'd still get good pressure but the motor would run continuously.

rgds

I went through my Hitachi ref manual for products they sell in Thailand - and it ain;t in the Thai Hitachi "bible" - which makes me think it is either counterfeit (no - I kid you not there are loads of copy Hitahi branded products in Thailand - mostly drills and belt sanders, but also pumps) - or it's a Chinese model (made for the Chinese market) and smuggeled into Thailand (as alot are).

But anyway - lets see what we can do: you say it's a well pump. Does this mean its submersed - or does it mean it's above ground mounted - and does it have an accumulator ( accumulator = tank attached to it or part of it - will look like a the sort of tank you find on trucks to hold the vacum for the brakes, but just a little bigger)?

Whatever the pump - they almost all rely on a drop off and build up of pressure to switch on and off - usualy by way of a change in pressure in the accumulator tank, which in turns triggers an ac relay. Chances are their is a probem with one of them - and I am going to take a guess and say the relay switch is <deleted>'d (quite common - and easily replaced).

If its the accumulator tank - well, to be honest it's going to be better to bin the pump and replace it.

Any chance of a coulpe of pic's and we'll take it from there??

Hope this helps

MF

The model designation seems like it might be a Mitsubishi.

Chownah may be right. Here's the manual for the Hitachi which covers the 125, 175, 225, 275, and 325 watt series. They do not have a 150 watt series.

Anyway, check the page numbers at the top when you reassemble these 4 files. Hope it helps.

rgds

post-21692-1176922954_thumb.jpg

The model designation seems like it might be a Mitsubishi.

Chownah may be right. Here's the manual for the Hitachi which covers the 125, 175, 225, 275, and 325 watt series. They do not have a 150 watt series.

Anyway, check the page numbers at the top when you reassemble these 4 files. Hope it helps.

rgds

Thanks everyone for the quick responses! I took photos of the pump as I was not staying at the village and wanted to do research to get information to tell my friend as to how to get it fixed. Here are the photos I took. It is a pump with a tank and I believe the internal float mechanism is not working as suggested in one of the posted responses. Thanks again for all the good advice.

Californiaman

Edited by Californiaman

Thanks everyone for the quick responses! I took photos of the pump as I was not staying at the village and wanted to do research to get information to tell my friend as to how to get it fixed. Here are the photos I took. It is a pump with a tank and I believe the internal float mechanism is not working as suggested in one of the posted responses. Thanks again for all the good advice.

Californiaman

Here's a better photo with the pumps' specifications. My last post didn't accept all the photos (4) that I tried to post.

Californiaman

Edited by Californiaman

Here's a better photo with the pumps' specifications. My last post didn't accept all the photos (4) that I tried to post.

Californiaman

Still trying to upload photo with pump specifications label. Here are the specs as seen on the label marked as Hitachi Well Pump.

Output: 150W Suction Lift: Max. 9m (30 ft)

Voltage: 220V Discharge Head: 10m (33ft)

Frequency: 60Hz Capacity: 21 l/min (Ht 12m)

Phase: 1 Pressure On: 1.1 kfg/cm2

Capacitator: 16uF Switch Off: 1.7 kgf/cm2

Ball Bearing: 6201 CM Suction Pipe: 25 mm (1in.)

Discharge Pipe: 25 mm (1 in.)

Thanks again for all the information,

Californiaman

post-21692-1176929370_thumb.jpg

post-21692-1176929451_thumb.jpg

post-21692-1176929522_thumb.jpg

I think I can see the problem.

It old & knackered.

The pressure switch (not float switch) is located on top of the vertical pipe seen on the top right of the main picture you posted, its adjustable & can be tested with a meter, when the switch is working right it opens and closes the supply of electricity to a relay that turns the motor on & off. If the switch is working correctly test the relay next.

However, Im guessing from your post that youre not a technical person, so the best thing to do if youre feeling generous is buy them a new pump, one of that size will cost about 2500- 3500 B.

Alternatively just let them carry on switching it on & off by hand, if the pump is as shagged out as it looks then their plumbing is probably no better & will constantly leak water & waste electric.

Good Luck

I think I can see the problem.

It old & knackered.

The pressure switch (not float switch) is located on top of the vertical pipe seen on the top right of the main picture you posted, its adjustable & can be tested with a meter, when the switch is working right it opens and closes the supply of electricity to a relay that turns the motor on & off. If the switch is working correctly test the relay next.

However, Im guessing from your post that youre not a technical person, so the best thing to do if youre feeling generous is buy them a new pump, one of that size will cost about 2500- 3500 B.

Alternatively just let them carry on switching it on & off by hand, if the pump is as shagged out as it looks then their plumbing is probably no better & will constantly leak water & waste electric.

Good Luck

Thanks Pond Life! I think you hit the nail on the head about the pump. I will relay the information over to my friend. I'm not in Thailand now and maybe on my next trip I will see about helping them out with a new pump.

Thanks again to everyone who helped resolve this question for me, it is appreciated. And a "Big Thanks" to ThiaVisa for having this forum.

Much Regards,

Californiaman

Edited by Californiaman

Crickey!! - what that doing in Thailand.

It's a Japanese made model for the African market! thousands of them all over Zimbabwe and East Africa. They stopped making it years ago.

Okay heres what your problem is almost certainly going to turn out to be - air leaking from the accumulator, which in turn controls the pressure swith that PondLife refers too - so instead of trying to be a clever boy, I refer you back to Pond Life's contribution (from pressure switch onwards) - he is bang on the mark - unless you correct the leak, you are going to continuosly going to have adjust the pressure switch as the accumulator volume changes

...and I will add something else he is correct about: once the accumulator air starts leaking it really is time to start looking for a another unit i.e. it is old and knackered - easier just to replace

MF

I am a distributor for the following products:

1) Ford, Kubota and Iseki tractor parts (I sell 2nd hand tractors and run a a workshop and parts service in the Loei area)

2) Hitachi, Mitsibushi & Hyo-Sung pumps (so I have the ref manuals that the maunfacturers publish for Thai dealers - the model in this discussion is not in the the Thai delears ref book - but it is on the the dealer parts website from where it can be seen the pump was made in Japan and distributed to the Pacific and African markets)

Over and above this I run a workshop that provides pump repair and general farm equipment maintinance services (mostly repairing Asian made centrifugal single and 2 stage types, welding up broken ploughs and rice harvesters). As a side line I build high rise ag sprayers (nothing special - simple machines built around old tractor chassis - basically a welded up stilt framework that lifts the tractor body up to 1.75m of the ground to provide clearance over veg type crops, with a sub frame to mount saddle tanks between and in line with the wheels) I also build the odd windturbine for power generation (again something which I done for myself first - I am not on the AC grid)

All the above, the 2nd hand tractor, the parts and repair business ect ect ... is spin-off from finding economic solutions to problems I have run up against myself over the years, and equipment ideas I have come up with over the years to get round the hassle of importing (because importing alot of stuff can be hard to jusity against the background Thai ag economics), and then someone comes along and said "hey can you do that", or "where did you get that" i.e. none of this was started out with a busines in mind. I am an ag engineer by training and education, but a Dairy and beef farmer first and foremost, and farming accounts for most of my time. The above can be best described as a "skill-set" that I use to help locals and build relationships (the word help does not mean charity - I do use it to earn income).

Before farming I worked in Thailand for an American agricultural equipment manufacturer, this was in the early 1980's. After the birth my son I resigned to spend more time with the wife and help look after junior, as she had then just finsihed studying herself and did not want to give up her career (great wife hey!).

Thats the long and short of it - so pump, tractor, plough, planter and other ag or Thai farm equipment related stuff - if it's less than 20 years old and in Thailand, or you can get parts for it, chances are I have the manufacturers manual lying around somewhere. Go back to my early postings - much of this info I put on the farming forum in my early postings.

MF

Just an after thought Californiaman.

If you are feeling generous & buy them a new pump I'd recomend replaceing all the plumbing in their house at the same time, this is unlikely to be more than a shower & 2 taps so should be possible for under 500 B, that blue plastic pipe is dirt cheap. Theres 2 grades of pipe, buy the thick more expensive one.

If you dont, the new pump will probably run continuously also, due to all the present & future leaks.

May the Farce be with you.

Just an after thought Californiaman.

If you are feeling generous & buy them a new pump I'd recomend replaceing all the plumbing in their house at the same time, this is unlikely to be more than a shower & 2 taps so should be possible for under 500 B, that blue plastic pipe is dirt cheap. Theres 2 grades of pipe, buy the thick more expensive one.

If you dont, the new pump will probably run continuously also, due to all the present & future leaks.

May the Farce be with you.

Hello All!

You guys are Great! Pond Life and MaizeFarmer, I will take your advice next time I go to see my friend. Your right about having only one shower and two taps? How do you guys know all this? You're also right about MaizeFarmer's skill sets. I've read allot of his posts and I stop and wonder "How'd He Know That"? To MaizeFarmer, you're pretty cool in my books and thanks for sharing your vast knowledge on this website with all of us.

Take Care All!!

Californiaman