Filling out TM30 after returning from short trip out of country mandatory?

A friend of mine has a long term visa on retirement through and agency. She has a re-entry permit and her agent claims every time she returns from a trip outside of country she needs to pay them 1000THB for them to fill out and submit a TM30.

I have NEVER heard of such a thing. Although the address she is using is one of these bogus addresses that Pattaya agencies use. She actually has a place in Bangkok but got the visa in Pattaya. I know I know, not advisable.. 

any information appreciated. 

I think this is a money grab by the agent.

I plan on doing some travel outside of the country too, I have a long term visa and re-entry permit all above board done myself at CW.

In the past, say a couple years ago I had NEVER had to re-do a TM30 every time I return. I've never used and agent and never had to submit a new TM30 on return. 

Also in fact I think the 90 day checkin report day resets when re-entering Thailand if you have a long term visa and re-entry permit. I believe the 90 report doesn't have to be done until 90 days after re-entering since my passport would show an entry stamp back into Thailand a 45 days after the last 90 day check in.

Edited by StandardIssue
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

It has been said before that Jomtien wants you to do the first 90 report personally, after returning from abroad. They also required you to have a 'current' TM30 receipt prior to doing 'business' at that office.

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

It has been said before that Jomtien wants you to do the first 90 report personally, after returning from abroad. They also required you to have a 'current' TM30 receipt prior to doing 'business' at that office.

That was the case late last year and early this year regards TM30.

Not sure that's the current situation.

Someone dealing with Jomitien may update. 

A TM30 should not be required 

Korat. The last time I returned (6 months ago) Immigration told my wife that we had to fill out a new TM30 every time we left the country. The requirement was lifted during Covid but was now reinstated.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

There are ~75 immigration offices.

Regardless of what some rogue offices do, a TM30 is not required after travel out of province overnight travel and international when re-entering with same visa or reentry permit. 

Shoot the messenger if you want. The message is still the same as told to me at Korat Immigration. I said no more or less.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

This is concerning an agent telling a customer they must pay 1000 THB for submission of a TM30 every time they return from a trip outside of Thailand. I haven't asked her yet if the agent is giving her a new receipt or not. This appears to be an agent charging for an unnecessary service to fleece my friend who is relying on this agent for her immigration business.

As far as I know, and in my 10+ years of doing immigration business myself, a "current" TM30 is the last one ( and only one necessary) you did for your present address. Good idea to keep the receipt of submission that is given stapled in the back of the passport.

Edited by StandardIssue
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, StandardIssue said:

This appears to be an agent charging for an unnecessary service to fleece my friend who is relying on this agent for her immigration business.

So let's understand this this thread.

You are asking on behalf of a "friend" regarding TM30 requirement in particular when the friend has used agent to obtain an extension from immigration office in province the friend does not live.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You are asking on behalf of a "friend" regarding TM30 requirement in particular when the friend has used agent to obtain an extension from immigration office in province the friend does not live.

Yes

• Haha 1

I have an LTR too, 90-day reports are not necessary according to my benefits.  I think you should check about your LTR to see what benefits you have about out and in country too as well as the 90-day reports and  benefit of TM.30 once a year too and how that works with the LTR.  Just a suggestion from me,,,be careful of agents some good some not from what I hear but since I never use one (in Thailand over 25 years) so have heard a lot of stories.

• Confused 2

When i did i short international trip last year i had to do a TM30 at Jomtien upon return. No big deal unless you are stupid enough to use an agent then sure they will charge you for the service.

I registered my TM30 five years ago and never bothered to register again because I always come to the same address, at least officially. Last March, I wanted to get a MC license and was informed my TM30 was not up-to-date. I paid 500 baht to an agent and got it up-to-date. 

• Like 1

Depends what immigration office you're dealing with if you're dealing with pattaya  then you need to have one but I'm sure if you're going back to the same address there's no need to do it. It takes the condo owner literally 30 seconds to do one online so I don't understand why they're charging any money or any fee to do it it's the responsibility of the landlord not your responsibility. To summit one online .

Edited by arick
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Henryford said:

When i did i short international trip last year i had to do a TM30 at Jomtien upon return. No big deal unless you are stupid enough to use an agent then sure they will charge you for the service.

Jomethien is the only office that I have seen depending you do one before you enter the building. 

4 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

I registered my TM30 five years ago and never bothered to register again because I always come to the same address, at least officially. Last March, I wanted to get a MC license and was informed my TM30 was not up-to-date. I paid 500 baht to an agent and got it up-to-date. 

I have one question for you how would an agent know that your TM30 is up to date or not they don't have access to the landlord's online site? So again somebody's making a big trick over you.

• Confused 2

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Contact the owner of the condo and get one from them

• Confused 2

I reported to Jomtien 4 weeks ago to update my TM 30 after a trip out of Thailand. The officer said there was no need issue I  was returning to the same address and hadn’t changed visa type. Again, I think that the agent in the original posters case was just trying to increase their revenue stream. I don’t know how CW deal with that, but I’d check at the IO that is being used.

P.S. Thb 1,000 sounds like a lot of money for a TM 30.

Posted (edited)
Just now, arick said:

I have one question for you how would an agent know that your TM30 is up to date or not they don't have access to the landlord's online site? So again somebody's making a big trick over you.

I wanted  a residence certificate, and the IO office informed me that my TM30 is not up-to-date. I need a new TM30. I came back and contacted an agent to register a new TM30. Moreover, TM30 is attached to your passport and anybody can check when it was registered. Mine was 5 or 6 years old. 

Edited by CartagenaWarlock

Small price to pay for gaming the system... either pay it or do it right... her choice... not only "not advisable" it is illegal.

her agent claims every time she returns from a trip outside of country she needs to pay them 1000THB for them to fill out and submit a TM30.

I have NEVER heard of such a thing. Although the address she is using is one of these bogus addresses that Pattaya agencies use. She actually has a place in Bangkok but got the visa in Pattaya. I know I know, not advisable.." 

• Haha 1

Just now, Skipalongcassidy said:

Small price to pay for gaming the system... either pay it or do it right... her choice... not only "not advisable" it is illegal.

her agent claims every time she returns from a trip outside of country she needs to pay them 1000THB for them to fill out and submit a TM30.

I have NEVER heard of such a thing. Although the address she is using is one of these bogus addresses that Pattaya agencies use. She actually has a place in Bangkok but got the visa in Pattaya. I know I know, not advisable.." 

In February when I renewed my extension, Jomtien had new notices up saying that a TM30 dated after the last entry to the Kingdom was required to conduct business with them.  This is not a new requirement, but has only recently been reintroduced.  Registering yourself on the online TM30 website is relatively straightforward and then updating whenever you come back into the Country is simple.  The Agent is taking the proverbial asking for THB1000 for a two minute job - but then if you pay an agent and use bogus information, you are stuck. 

PH

9 hours ago, StandardIssue said:

This is concerning an agent telling a customer they must pay 1000 THB for submission of a TM30 every time they return from a trip outside of Thailand. I haven't asked her yet if the agent is giving her a new receipt or not. This appears to be an agent charging for an unnecessary service to fleece my friend who is relying on this agent for her immigration business.

TM 30 is stapled to your passport and tells you the date when it was registered. 

5 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

Registering yourself on the online TM30 website is relatively straightforward and then updating whenever you come back into the Country is simple.  The Agent is taking the proverbial asking for THB1000 for a two minute job - but then if you pay an agent and use bogus information, you are stuck. 

EXACTLY... doing it the right way is always easier and cheaper in the long run.