Non Imm O Single Entry

Might be a silly question but if you have a non imm O single entry and you get a 60 day extension to stay with family. 

Can you leave get a re-entry permit and go and come back until the end of the 150 days? 

Edited by kenyersel

1 hour ago, kenyersel said:

Can you leave get a re-entry permit and go and come back until the end of the 150 days? 

Yes, however how long would you like to remain in Thailand.

There may be other options

I travel back and forth to Thailand from the US (British National). I work offshore in Gulf of Mexico 4 weeks on 4 weeks off. 

Currently on Non Imm O Multi Entry from London Embassy (no longer available)

Married to a Thai National 

Stay in Thailand 25 days a time, 6 times a year (Not enough time for 1 year extension & re-entry permit)

Plan to get Multi Entry Non O from Savannakhet with 400k seasoned in Thai Bank (Just incase). 

This is just figuring out other options if required. A single entry plus extension with a re entry permit would be required around twice a year. The other option if Savannakhet becomes unavailable would be Elite but that’s the last option for sure. 

45 minutes ago, kenyersel said:

Plan to get Multi Entry Non O from Savannakhet with 400k seasoned in Thai Bank (Just incase). 

This is your best option.

In the old days visa exempt entry for oil gas worked fine 

However you have options such as you mentioned and most likely pushed towards using multi Savannakhet.

How old. 

Edit: you are married to Thai .

Non O marriage with annual extensions not an option due to under consideration period? 

Thanks DrJack, 35 years, married to

a Thai. And yes seems that way although I am trying to explore getting a fast tracked extension but it’s proving more difficult than first thought. 

let’s hope Savannakhet continues to issue the Multi Entry Non O

5 hours ago, kenyersel said:

let’s hope Savannakhet continues to issue the Multi Entry Non O

Hopefully.

So 50yr ? ......you could consider non O retirement with annual extensions.

Has no under consideration period. 

28 minutes ago, dpeti73 said:

when i ask the immigration for non-o single what is give 90days stay, they give only 7 days extension it was last november.

You can obtain a 12 month extension to a single entry non O.

16 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

In the old days visa exempt entry for oil gas worked fine

Still the best option as it also eliminates the tax issue.

Before you start i know about how many entries you're suppose to be allowed but, like so many things here, it's not really enfornced.

7 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

Before you start i know about how many entries you're suppose to be allowed but, like so many things here, it's not really enfornced.

Several reports back to pre covid where oil gas month on month off roster have been pushed to other options esp if over 50 or have had a non O marriage 

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Several reports back to pre covid where oil gas month on month off roster have been pushed to other options esp if over 50 or have had a non O marriage 

what you mention is a tiny % of the people that take this option.

2 hours ago, dpeti73 said:

when i ask the immigration for non-o single what is give 90days stay, they give only 7 days extension it was last november.

Not necessarily in your case but there is often some confusion on these threads regarding extensions.

Most entries - either exempt or by visa can be extended by varying amounts.  Those who are married usually (always?) get longer.

Those extensions are entirely different to someone who applies for a 12 month extension of their stay based on marriage/family or retirement. That is a once a year extension and is used to effectively live in Thailand.