Ten Little Indians: How Many of Us are Still left Standing in Thailand?

On 6/2/2020 at 9:19 PM, JohnBarleycorn said:

What I am concerned about is whether or not our numbers might continue to dwindle.

Will we lose most of the writing talent who have posted so steadfastly during past years; and then who will replace them?

You need to address the issue more directly. No why so many have left Thailand but why so many have left the forum, not to be replaced.

Look forward to your factual reply (before you're banned). 555

• Haha 1

On 6/3/2020 at 3:19 AM, JohnBarleycorn said:

I have faced things far worse than Chinese germs during the 40 years I lived happily in China.

So you live in China but talk about Thailand? I think there was a mini exodus from visas or extensions etc. being harder to get here. For the most part I do not think so many have left here who can help themselves. But I have noticed a dwindling of TV members not posting anymore. Who knows for what ever reason as it could be from moving out of Thailand or even being expelled or suspended too many times and watching their P's and Q's. As for me, no plans on going anywhere until I am forced out or die.

• Like 1

I am still here and will be to the end. I finished my working life on 23 May 2009. Flew back from NZ on 26th May and haven't left since.

A bit battered and frayed at the edges due to the forex rates but still ticking along.

I am 77 and entering the bad time of the year when it rains (much needed) and the damn grass has started to grow like crazy. Still grass cutting on 3 rai keeps me out of mischief in the mornings.

• Like 2

On 6/3/2020 at 1:52 PM, simon43 said:

Writing talent??!!

I'm maybe one of the longest-serving members of this forum (member #174).  In all the years of my membership, I have found very (VERY) few forum members who I would consider to have a writing talent.  (I won't embarrass them by naming them, but currently I recognize only ONE member as having decent writing talent.... and it certainly is not me).

For the most part, posts are simply bar-stool talk, tin-hat nutters, political extremists, wimpy snowflakes, extremist religious loonies, ex-SAS liars, health-freaks, marketeers,  those who are unable to recognise sarcasm when it smacks them in the mouth, and of course Americans......

... and that's fine, because that's what this forum is for...

I don't seem to fit any of those slots.

Where did you find your member number? I think mine is #5,7xx and I joined in November 2003.

5 hours ago, frantick said:

Yes, grew up there, and it's my current mailing residence. I read you're up in chapel valley. I miss fly fishing on Rapid Creek.

I also fish in the creek, we live about half a mile away just off Red Rock Canyon Rd.

It truly is a very small world

3 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

I also fish in the creek, we live about half a mile away just off Red Rock Canyon Rd.

It truly is a very small world

You will know this @frantick

My wife loves the trail along the creek edge with many benches where you can just sit and watch the world go by, then over the road to the lake.

Her favorite place is the gazebo on the lake. Bores the Hell outta me, but she could sit there for hours

Edited by GinBoy2

2 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

You will know this @frantick

My wife loves the trail along the creek edge with many benches where you can just sit and watch the world go by, then over the road to the lake.

Her favorite place is the gazebo on the lake. Bores the Hell outta me, but she could sit there for hours

Many good locations and memories. I liked motorcycling old keystone road between Rockerville and Keystone, Sheridan Lake Road, etc. 

But I don't want to highjack this thread too much, so I'll stop there.