Trump pushes military response as U.S. girds for more protests

webfact

29 minutes ago, Logosone said:

John Miller is not a federal employee. He used to be FBI but is now actually employed by the NYPD. So not affiliated with the White House, FBI or any US govt dept. Just New York City Police.

He was a very high ranking journalist before who received nine Emmys and two Peabodys, and was actually they guy who interviewed Osama Ben Laden. Very interesting man.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Miller_(police_official)#:~:text=John Miller (born 1958 or,for Analytic Transformation and Technology.

As for assassination of the US President, the situation is now so overheated that I would not be surprised in the least if one left-wing lunatic shoots the President and then, well then all hell will break loose in the US. It would make this look like a dress rehearsal.

Thank you also, sorry for my ignorance, and I shall have to read more on this man.

However, it seems very clear that what we are witnessing in various stages and events, is the "end of day" for the Ametican empire.  A very short lived one, barely 70 years or so.  But with little or no doubt it is their final days, as with all empires.

Intresting,y those more recent lasted shorter periods.  The British empire ended due the the seismic shifts following two World Wars and, or I would say their inability to supress any longer the blacks, Asians and other ethnics groups - whom had fought so gallantly and bravely, along side their "Imperial Masters".

So.  Who's up next???

Get the tanks in the streets and fire, these looters and violent "protesters" don't deserve anything else.

What would have happened if black cop would have done the same ?

Edited by Deli
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

On the Antifa, this was written in 2017:

"The punk rock scene in the 1980s also spurred the growth of those groups in the United States. So has the issue of police brutality and the Black Lives Matter movement.

Although these groups share many similarities and protest tactics with anarchists, they are focused on fighting fascist and racist politics. Anarchists in America, for example, also think that the government and Constitution are inherently racist and the entire U.S. government should be abolished and reimagined on a much smaller scale, Washington anarchists say.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/nation-world/ct-antifa-history-20170816-story.html

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 19DL86 said:

Thank you also, sorry for my ignorance, and I shall have to read more on this man.

However, it seems very clear that what we are witnessing in various stages and events, is the "end of day" for the Ametican empire.  A very short lived one, barely 70 years or so.  But with little or no doubt it is their final days, as with all empires.

Intresting,y those more recent lasted shorter periods.  The British empire ended due the the seismic shifts following two World Wars and, or I would say their inability to supress any longer the blacks, Asians and other ethnics groups - whom had fought so gallantly and bravely, along side their "Imperial Masters".

So.  Who's up next???

It could be this is the end of America, but I doubt it very much. Here's why: Whilst it's true the British empire also struggled with maintaining the oppression of Asians, Blacks and other ethnic groups, the British empire was really defeated by the German military in WWII. It was fatally weakened. This is not the case with the Americans. They are on the decline, but they have not faced an existential struggle like the British Empire had. 

As violent and organised as the Antifa are, they are no match for the US military. If they were to be unleashed full force the Antifa would scarper like a dog with its tail between its legs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Logosone said:

I've highlighted it and underlined it for you, since you appear to have problems finding the part where left wing extremists are responsible for the vandalism:

"No. 1, before the protests began," Miller said, "organizers of certain anarchist groups set out to raise bail money and people who would be responsible to be raising bail money, they set out to recruit medics and medical teams with gear to deploy in anticipation of violent interactions with police."

He added, "They prepared to commit property damage and directed people who were following them that this should be done selectively and only in wealthier areas or at high-end stores run by corporate entities."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/law-enforcement-plays-catch-stop-violence-radical-groups-protests-n1220486

Exactly, he never identified any left wing groups.

You read ‘certain anarchist groups’ and had a Pavlovian response.

Here’s a fact, he did not mention the ‘left’ you put your own interpretation on his words.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Exactly, he never identified any left wing groups.

You read ‘certain anarchist groups’ and had a Pavlovian response.

Here’s a fact, he did not mention the ‘left’ you put your own interpretation on his words.

Here is your clue:

"Additionally, law enforcement agencies in the New York City area have had these groups on their radar since 2017 when they started appearing at right-wing extremist events to hijack those protests in a more violent way, officials said."

Edited by rabas
  • Like 1

This must be an almost unique occasion. Thank you very much ladies (1) and gentlemen for a very polite, informative and cordial bit of banter. No insults or abuse and only one troll removal. This must be a TVF record.....

Also lets just focus on the fact that all this is a world away from is here, in Thailand right now.  But we re not exclusively immune and there's certainly shhht brewing.  Take care and good luck.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And then there are the people who think a big problem is a small problem.

Who is stupid?

Endemic racism, and endemic targeting of people of colour is not a small problem mate !

• Thanks 2

Apparently there are two laws involved with this threat and manoeuvring by Trump. The first one was a law pass in 1807 I think its called the Sedition Act this is the law that Trump may be referring to. That Bar fella has talked along the same lines as a mouthpiece for Trump (and remember Barr is a duly sworn servant and officer of the Laws and Constitution of the United States, before he is to the President not the other way around).

There's another law from about the late 1880's that expressly forbids The President or (any other governmental authority) from placing the US military against its one people.

I heard a Senator speak of this law, quote from its text the other day on ABC (America) News. He said it is absolutely clear Trump can't do what he said or threatened he would do, not unless he overthrows the government of the USA via a coup and establishes a military backed dictatorship. I think this idea, hope, dream, nightmare is part of his bizarre fascist delusion, grandiose thinking and that he hopes somehow, some way, via stealth and incrementally, and with help from extreme right wing folks (some of the Fox mouthpieces) will support trumpet join making such a move 'to save the Union from those filthy leftist scum' resulting in him ruling absolutely.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, simple1 said:

Sure, So long it is not carried out in a brutal manner as was hyped by trump. The empathy approach has worked well in a number of places, no need for violence by police. The criminal element will be subject to intense scrutiny and follow up action.  But the matters which kicked off the current discontent need to be addressed, so far no word on first steps from the administration?

Those matters have been addressed by the current Potus and the former Potus, Vp and many many more politicians . .They also have been addressed by dems and gop that have been through discontent through out the decades ..Everyone has condemned the discontent of the 4 cops.Now its time to stop the violence which resulted from a sick serial abuser cop to a peaceful protest to murder and mayhem    through out the USA. 

1 hour ago, rabas said:

Here is your clue:

"Additionally, law enforcement agencies in the New York City area have had these groups on their radar since 2017 when they started appearing at right-wing extremist events to hijack those protests in a more violent way, officials said."

Someone else who sees ‘left wing’ when it’s never mentioned.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Logosone said:

On the Antifa, this was written in 2017:

"The punk rock scene in the 1980s also spurred the growth of those groups in the United States. So has the issue of police brutality and the Black Lives Matter movement.

Although these groups share many similarities and protest tactics with anarchists, they are focused on fighting fascist and racist politics. Anarchists in America, for example, also think that the government and Constitution are inherently racist and the entire U.S. government should be abolished and reimagined on a much smaller scale, Washington anarchists say.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/nation-world/ct-antifa-history-20170816-story.html

‘The punk rock scene’.

Bless.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rabas said:

Here is your clue:

Yes, possibly other, more violent, right wing extremist groups.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe these protests will wake up a few Americans who after more than 3 years still support Trump.

Does he make the situation better or worse? Does he act like a president should and unite the people?

He is obviously not only useless, he makes the situation worse. But I wouldn't bet that his supporters realize this.

I thought the protests were about the death of a negro who died whilst being restrained?if a criminal act occurred it must be dealt with by a court of law,not by mob rule,seems a lot of the protests seem to be about Trump being president,perhaps this tragedy will wake a few Americans up to the fact of what a dangerous job the police have to do,I am not pro police and detest bullies but I wouldn,t like to do their job.again I say I hope this unfortunate death is resolved in a court of law.

• Sad 1