Etihad restarting from next week

As with Emirates, I think this is more of a planning/marketing excercise than it is a real re-start. Many of the countries listed either still have their borders closed or have imposed quarantine stipulations.

For example, as far as I know, Singapore is still closed and Australia has a 14 day quarantine in place. With Australia, maybe they are 'testing the water' to see how many people are prepared to accept the quarantine requirement?

15 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

As with Emirates, I think this is more of a planning/marketing excercise than it is a real re-start. Many of the countries listed either still have their borders closed or have imposed quarantine stipulations.

For example, as far as I know, Singapore is still closed and Australia has a 14 day quarantine in place. With Australia, maybe they are 'testing the water' to see how many people are prepared to accept the quarantine requirement?

Australia is still closed too. 14 day quarrantine is for returning citizens and permanent residents or those permitted to enter on compassionate grounds. I think it would be unlikely that they will open the international borders here except for NZ and the pacific Islands this year.