Thailand’s tourism and MICE business will first reboot with low-risk countries

webfact

8 hours ago, possum1931 said:

What is MICE apart from little furry creatures with long tails

As you  have asked that question it is obvious you either need a pair of reading glasses or you failed first year Elementary School  Reading -01 because it is written in the text.

'nuf sed.

On 6/8/2020 at 11:21 AM, JCP108 said:

So what happens if as a U.S. citizen who has been in Thailand since the start of this Covid 19 mess travels to Japan for a nice week-long vacation once such a bubble gets created? What's going to happen when I arrive back in BKK via airplane from Tokyo with my U.S. passport in hand?

You will be put in 14 days quarantine on your own expanses. Free meal per day, isolation and more. The prise is almost same as you stay on intensive care in Thailand per day. That what will happen to you with USA passport

1 hour ago, wotsdermatter said:

As you  have asked that question it is obvious you either need a pair of reading glasses or you failed first year Elementary School  Reading -01 because it is written in the text.

'nuf sed.

I just asked a question, no need to be so rude.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trolleen said:

You will be put in 14 days quarantine on your own expanses. Free meal per day, isolation and more. The prise is almost same as you stay on intensive care in Thailand per day. That what will happen to you with USA passport

So it would be based on place of my citizenship, not where I've been recently?

57 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

So it would be based on place of my citizenship, not where I've been recently?

Nobody knows yet, there are no published rules how the tourists would be allowed in.

At the moment no sane country will allow in Americans arriving directly from US. The US citizens arriving from countries with low covid rates should be ok, but it is always tempting to use simple rules and deny entry by the passport origin. This is also not safe, as some people like me have 2 passports and stamps can't be correctly checked, and some countries like Australia don't even stamp.

I guess it may be some hybrid system, with list of countries allowed, and you fill a statutory declaration where have you been the last 30 days, with heavy penalties and jail terms if caught lying. I had to fill in something like that for Singapore when flying Sydney to Singapore early March.

Edited by gearbox

2 hours ago, Trolleen said:
On 6/7/2020 at 11:21 PM, JCP108 said:

So what happens if as a U.S. citizen who has been in Thailand since the start of this Covid 19 mess travels to Japan for a nice week-long vacation once such a bubble gets created? What's going to happen when I arrive back in BKK via airplane from Tokyo with my U.S. passport in hand?

My bet is that you wouldn't be allowed on the plane in Tokyo.  But since the rules haven't been published, it's all speculation.

12 minutes ago, gearbox said:

Nobody knows yet, there are no published rules how the tourists would be allowed in.

At the moment no sane country will allow in Americans arriving directly from US. The US citizens arriving from countries with low covid rates should be ok, but it is always tempting to use simple rules and deny entry by the passport origin. This is also not safe, as some people like me have 2 passports and stamps can't be correctly checked, and some countries like Australia don't even stamp.

I guess it may be some hybrid system, with list of countries allowed, and you fill a statutory declaration where have you been the last 30 days, with heavy penalties and jail terms if caught lying. I had to fill in something like that for Singapore when flying Sydney to Singapore early March.

Thanks. Although I bet statutory declarations are very different instruments in Singapore where there is rule of law compared to Thailand. It's going to be a cr@p shoot. I may just not come back to Thailand once I leave until quarantines are no longer necessary or part of the policy. 

https://greekcitytimes.com/2020/06/09/coronavirus-cases-in-greece-spike/

The increase comes as Greece’s borders will be “open” from June 15th (without covid-19 testing or quarantine), with flights permitted to land in Athens and Thessaloniki. The countries are: Albania, Australia, Austria, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Germany, Hungary, Israel, Japan, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Montenegro, New Zealand, North Macedonia, Norway, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Switzerland, and Finland.

Edited by 3NUMBAS