PM Prayut orders Labor Ministry to support Thai workers who wish to work abroad

snoop1130

11f5b72a7fd3ad6941e367aa3c602d66_small.jpg

BANGKOK(NNT) -With many countries starting to relax anti-COVID-19 restrictions, Prime Minister Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha, is making sure that Thai workers are ready to work abroad once the pandemic subsides.

The Government Spokeswoman, Prof. Dr. Narumon Pinyosinwat, said today that Gen. Prayut instructed the Department of Employment, under the administration of the Ministry of Labor, to work with the private sector in preparing Thai laborers in terms of their vocational and language skills, so that they will be able to work in other countries right away. Some 100,000 Thai laborers are expected to work outside Thailand, generating a revenue of more than 140 billion baht.

The demand for Thai workers in many countries and states, including Thailand’s trade partners, is high. They include Taiwan, South Korea, Malaysia, Japan and Israel. Thai workers are well-known for their discipline and vocational skills. In addition, many nations recognize Thailand’s successful tackling of the COVID-19 pandemic.

The government reminded Thai workers, who want to work abroad, to go through legal channels, and that the government is ready to support and help them.

nnt.jpg

-- © Copyright NNT 2020-06-08

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Some 100,000 Thai laborers are expected to work outside Thailand, generating a revenue of more than 140 billion baht.

Thai labourers working outside Thailand can expect average 117,000 Baht per month wages?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I did not know they were that quick at learning,Just say it PM and it's done.

The government spokeswoman has a startled look on her face.....someone must have asked her a question.

regards worgeordie

Ha ha ha!!! looks like a rabbit caught in the headlights..........LOL

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, smedly said:

yes get rid of them before you have to support them 

The giveaway was when he mentioned they would generate 140 billion baht for the Thai economy. Get rid, no support, send your money home.

In the meantime we will arrest any foreigners for the flimsiest breach of their work permit in Thailand, deport and blacklist them.

Stomach turning is the hypocrisy and not a red face in sight.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The demand for Thai workers in many countries and states, including Thailand’s trade partners, is high. They include Taiwan, South Korea, Malaysia, Japan and Israel. Thai workers are well-known for their discipline and vocational skills. In addition, many nations recognize Thailand’s successful tackling of the COVID-19 pandemic.

PM obviously wants 1 million "little ghosts" out of the country and off the unemployment register !

1 hour ago, sammieuk1 said:

Thought every country was shedding jobs after this pandemic unless the general knows something ????

He doesn't care, out of sight, out of mind!

21 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Prayut: "Hey, you!"

Labour Ministry worker: "Yes, sir?"

Prayut: "Support Thai workers who wish to work abroad!!"

Anytime I read that Prayut has ordered someone or some ministry to do something; I always imagine a scenario like the one above. Reminds me of my unfortunate experience working for a local company where my boss would come back from Singapore or China, etc, for a work junket and tell staff to be more like them. No insight. No suggestions. Just, "be like them". I think she'd leave meetings thinking she was some revolutionary idea guy. 

19 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Well, Saudi Arabia remains off limits to Khon Thai since 1989 ......... 

Then why are there quite a number of infected Thais that have returned from Saudi ?

19 minutes ago, loong said:

Then why are there quite a number of infected Thais that have returned from Saudi ?

Since the disappearance of the Saudi crown jewels Thais are not the most liked people in the Land of Sand, hence it is better for them to stay, as said, off limits. Quite a few work in other places like Libya and Israel instead; less trouble from beginning to the end ????