Felling of British slave trader statue heats up simmering debate

snoop1130

1 minute ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Yes

Quite a few there so they will have to get a move on if the want them down anytime soon. 

I would imagine a number of those protestors are currently  being Furloughed so indirectly Boris is sponsoring the event. 

Generous to a fault. 

7 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

I wish Thailand will open up soon, need to leave asap, UK is such a dump lol.

Ain’t gonna happen anytime soon. 

December is my guess. Especially if our lot keep dicking around. 
Did you see the sham this evening. Still talking about 2m when the industry says it will potentially cost a million jobs in the leisure industry and meanwhile in Oxford at the same time ........

Edited by Kadilo
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Ain’t gonna happen anytime soon. 

December is my guess. Especially if our lot keep dicking around. 
Did you see the sham this evening. Still talking about 2m when the industry says it will potentially cost a million jobs in the leisure industry and meanwhile in Oxford at the same time ........

I've been watching the Oxford protest, more entertaining that those briefings. The government are useless, these protests are happening because of their incompetence and failing to do deal with it.

Opening the pubs will be a start.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Robert Milligan: Slave trader statue removed from outside London museum https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-52977088

Take this one off your list. 

Looks like Millwall Boy was at the wrong one. 

1 down 59 to go lol.

13 minutes ago, bodga said:

equal  rights

You probably wouldn't say that if it was your Thai wife or girlfriend, they are foreigners in the UK.

5 minutes ago, bodga said:

im  demanding Africa be  removed  from  world  maps  due  to  its  involvement  with  the  slave trade

Yep good luck with that. 

I’m predicting Thomas Guy is on borrowed time. Millwall Boy needs to get his skates on.

Let’s see who wins. 

Edited by Kadilo

1 minute ago, Kadilo said:

Yep good luck with that. 

I’m predicting Thomas Guy is on borrowed time. Let’s see who wins. 

Just had a look at wikipedia and invloved with slave trade, yep he's a goner too. Good game this, entertainment everyday, some fit birds in the crowd. One of the girls speaking at Oxford protest was really good, excellent oratory, powerful and whipped the crowd up with the chanting. Seriously impressed today with the energy of the crowd at Oxford.

5 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Just had a look at wikipedia and invloved with slave trade, yep he's a goner too. Good game this, entertainment everyday, some fit birds in the crowd. One of the girls speaking at Oxford protest was really good, excellent oratory, powerful and whipped the crowd up with the chanting. Seriously impressed today with the energy of the crowd at Oxford.

Yeah Guys a goner. 6/4 fav

Momentum is building, influential figures are backing them. The Police and the Government are bottling it. 

Its gonna take more than 10st wringing wet Millwall Boy to stop it. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Yeah Guys a goner. 6/4 fav

Momentum is building, influential figures are backing them. The Police and the Government are bottling it. 

Its gonna take more than 10st wringing wet Millwall Boy to stop it. 

Tbh I do think they have a point after listening to the speeches today. It's comes from being a colonial power and a third of world in our control up to 1947. When my 87 year old mum was at school they were taught about the wonderful empire and how Britain ruled the world. We are getting payback from being colonial.

These football lads are not going stop anything, especially if they are caught on camera being racist. The story is all over The Sun and Mail now, comments turned off lol.

Unstoppable force of raw energy. Statues coming down in mainland Europe too.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8401857/Racists-heroes-Black-Lives-Matter-want-topple-statues-famous-Britons-slavery-links.html

Edited by tribalfusion001
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Yep, anarchy. This Oxford protest is more revolutionary than others I've seen. Pretty good orators and powerful speeches, whipping the crowd up, this is organised today.

the future brains of britain,brainwashed and manipulated by mob rule.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Tbh I do think they have a point after listening to the speeches today. It's comes from being a colonial power and a third of world in our control up to 1947. When my 87 year old mum was at school they were taught about the wonderful empire and how Britain ruled the world. We are getting payback from being colonial.

These football lads are not going stop anything, especially if they are caught on camera being racist. The story is all over The Sun and Mail now, comments turned off lol.

Unstoppable force of raw energy. Statues coming down in mainland Europe too.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8401857/Racists-heroes-Black-Lives-Matter-want-topple-statues-famous-Britons-slavery-links.html

Yes we did have an empire and gave  it all back leaving good solid infrastructures( i,m talking about britain) fast forward 50 years and look what's happened.

1 minute ago, kingdong said:

Yes we did have an empire and gave  it all back leaving good solid infrastructures( i,m talking about britain) fast forward 50 years and look what's happened.

We did give it back, but I don't think they appreciated being colonised. We just happen to be the white British getting the payback for it. Our previous governments are to blame for allowing large scale immigration. I'm only here because of covid, otherwise I would have stayed in BKK, not much better there with all of the restrictions.

• Sad 2

58 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

We did give it back, but I don't think they appreciated being colonised. We just happen to be the white British getting the payback for it. Our previous governments are to blame for allowing large scale immigration. I'm only here because of covid, otherwise I would have stayed in BKK, not much better there with all of the restrictions.

You might be a victim of xenophobia yourself being a guest and foreigner in someone else's country .

A post with content that was copy and pasted from some site with no supporting link and the replies have been removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

Off topic posts and the replies have been removed. 

10 hours ago, kingdong said:

Think you,'ll find the British did a lot to stop slavery,a lot more than the USA and the myth of the civil war being fought to abolish slavery.

I'll take a little exception about that.

Remember your history. The British outlawed the transportation of slaves, long before they outlawed the owning of slaves in their West Indian colonies.

In the US following the civil war, during Reconstruction, there was a truly liberal decade. 

The failure in the US was that after Reconstruction the Federal Government allowed Southern States to start implementing laws that circumvented the 14 & 15 amendments to the constitution which were introduced during Reconstruction. In many ways the civil rights movement in the 60's was the 2nd era of Reconstruction.

As I said in a previous post. The British were the largest transporters of African slaves to the Americas. And while their fields didn't have African slaves working in them, thousands upon thousands of British people were perfectly happy to own slaves working in the sugar and cotton plantations of the West Indies and the Americas.

So maybe a little introspection might be worth while here on the tragedy you inflicted

And you didn't have some moral awakening , you essentially nationalized the whole slave business by paying people off!

You didn't suffer the trauma of slavery and it's aftermath because you didn't have slaves, but in todays lexicon, you were human traffickers on steroids!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/britains-colonial-shame-slave-owners-given-huge-payouts-after-abolition-8508358.html

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Oxford education probably ????  They only take the smartest and brightest you know .......

Or maybe Cambridge ....