Felling of British slave trader statue heats up simmering debate

snoop1130

3 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Do you understand that mob rule, mob violence, taking the law as they see it into their own hands, are completely against democracy?

Are you sure you understand the feelings and motivations of those who did so? Do you know them? Were they all good citizens outraged at someone's death thousands of miles away? Or might they have been political activists following their own agendas? Whichever, they must be identified and prosecuted.

They pulled down a statue, no one is manning the barricades and calling for revolution. 

Yes I do understand their motivations. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Why not have statues of people like John Lennon, David Bowie, etc to replace the old historical figures.

Why have statues of anyone, for that matter.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ravip said:

I agree, they are pointless. I would prefer something modern in their place, give the spaces to modern artists to showcase their sculptures. It could be linked to the Turner prize.

He is up next today at 5pm.

Untitled.jpg

Edited by tribalfusion001
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, ravip said:

Why not start a campaign to get rid of them if you feel that strongly about them, I know, you could call it 'statutes about statues'

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, vogie said:

Why not start a campaign to get rid of them if you feel that strongly about them, I know, you could call it 'statutes about statues'

What made you feel that felt that strongly?

You have a statue of yourself?

55 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

TR and his thugs will poo themselves confronted by some of them urban boys. He is a hypocrite anyway saying the police got hurt, when his march last year had the same thing happen.

Rip all of the statues down, put some modern sculptures up, it's the 21st century. That's the problem with the UK too stuck in the past.

TR and his thugs weren't exactly who I had in mind.

3 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

The flag would have been flame retarded ..........flame retardant............... errmmmm the flag would have been fireproof

A retarded flag...

5 minutes ago, ravip said:

What made you feel that felt that strongly?

You have a statue of yourself?

You are questioning why we have statues, maybe we should be questioning why people are breaking the law and trivialising wanton destruction.

As to your question if I have a statue of myself.........I have several. HTH

Edited by vogie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, vogie said:

You are questioning why we have statues, maybe we should be questioning why people are breaking the law and trivialise wanton destruction.

As to your question if I have a statue of myself.........I have several. HTH

Wanton destruction of a statue is nothing. How do you feel about the wanton destruction of entire Nations?

Edit

People are following the leaders example. LOL LOL

Edited by ravip
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

All statues in London will be examined with a view to removing those with links to slavery and plantation owners, Sadiq Khan has said.

Something is happening... An alien had to do the correction?

Edited by ravip

14 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

I agree, they are pointless. I would prefer something modern in their place, give the spaces to modern artists to showcase their sculptures. It could be linked to the Turner prize.

He is up next today at 5pm.

Untitled.jpg

The Ant Theethers are re-arranging the UK , could well be social disorder

1 minute ago, CorpusChristie said:

Inevitable... the Ant Theethers had to come to put things in order...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ravip said:

All statues in London will be examined with a view to removing those with links to slavery and plantation owners, Sadiq Khan has said.

Something is happening...

Of course it is under the guise of the pandemic and social distancing.

3 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

No, they just winge on social media and share fake news. Most of the population are still scared of the virus to protest.

Edited by tribalfusion001

1 minute ago, vogie said:

Deflection, this topic is about the statue in Bristol that was pulled down by wanabee anarchists, that is not the way that we act in a civilised society. Breaking the law will never be acceptable in the UK. I just hope the police have learned their lesson and what a bunch of useless defenders of the peace they have become. The softly softly approach has failed miserably, now is the time to come down hard on these toss pots.

Absolutely! I agree. The iron fist method works and helps the 'humanitarian' brigade too... the way to go...

• Like 1