Schools, colleges, theme parks set to reopen under 4th phase easing on June 15

webfact

19 hours ago, garygooner said:

Beer bars can't open makes no sense at all. 

Also, why can people watch concerts, but not sports events. 

(You can watch concerts but don't sing along!) 

Just except things, don't worry . What is your life if full of care. just go along with it.

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, pattjock said:

The ThaiChana app was mentioned frequently. This app was promised to be available in English long time ago but is still not. Was this a lie or has someone seen this app in English?

I use the ThaiChana system all of the time. You don't need the app... just any old free QR scanner app.

As you get to a shop - scan the QR code, open the link and press the green or red button for check in or check out....

Apologies if already mentioned but when is a bar a bar or restaurant ? If the owner has an alcohol licence and a food licence which are not expensive he must be entitled to name his business as e.g. Joe Bloggs Bar & Restaurant provided he has the facilities to appease the food licence . Maybe customers buy a cheap snack to comply or even given free as a front .   

• Like 2

21 hours ago, webfact said:

2020-06-10T063549Z_1_LYNXMPEG590GN_RTROPTP_4_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-THAILAND.JPG

FILE PHOTO: A barber shaves a customer in a barbershop in front of the Grand Palace, as it reopens after months of being closed, as the Thai government eases isolation measures, amid the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Bangkok, Thailand, June 7, 2020. REUTERS/Jorge Silva/File Photo

why is a barbershop being used as an example?

who is that big-headed midget waiting in the queue?

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, jonclark said:

And i bet most of us have very little understanding of the underbelly of Thailand prostitution market. I would imagine it is a quite dark and lawless place, despite all the beers,  smiles and flashing lights the punters get to see.  The fact many of them may turn to drink or drugs to dull the pain of their existance is symtomatic of how tough their lives actually are. 

Many girls do this not out of want, but out of need and family responsibility - looking after children, parents and an extended family is just not possible on the wages of a salesperson in Homepro. 

I have nothing but respect for these young ladies who are like all of us trying to make a better life for themselves and their families. I just wish the governments would do the right thing by them and legalize prostition so that they can be better protected and have an easier life. 

I have a very good knowledge of these girls' life outside the bars. 

During my first years in Thailand, I spent countless hours and days with them, often in the rooms they were renting in so-called mansions, all over Pattaya. 

There was no dark place... I also knew many bosses and mama san, not bad people, certainly very far from a Western pimp. 

Work was generally a bit tough in bars managed by Thais, and even more in those managed by Chinese, but not in those managed by farangs. 

Very few of them went to sleep with a different guy every day, and many almost never did, being satisfied with their basic income. 

What differentiate these girls from others, holding regular jobs, is that they are generally unable of self-discipline, like arriving on time and show up for work every day. 

Bars are more flexible... they get salary cuts when late or for no show, but they keep their job. 

As for the drinking, it's a ritual that starts in their rooms, with friends, every day around 4 PM. 

It is not so much to help them go to bed with a stranger, than simply to talk with him, because most of them are very shy, and particularly afraid to have to sit with someone who speaks a foreign language. 

All in all, it is not a bad job, especially for the ones who managed to catch a foreigner/sponsor who sends them money every month, hoping that the lady will wait for their return... ah ah ah! 

I have known a few who had up to 3 sponsors, and were receiving up to 60,000 baht every month, yet never had one baht in their pocket. 

These ones have now moved to the social network scene, where they make even more money without having to leave their room... 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, pattjock said:

The ThaiChana app was mentioned frequently. This app was promised to be available in English long time ago but is still not. Was this a lie or has someone seen this app in English?

The ThaiChana platform, not an app is in English.

20 hours ago, garygooner said:

Beer bars can't open makes no sense at all. 

Also, why can people watch concerts, but not sports events. 

(You can watch concerts but don't sing along!) 

Because vest wearing Chang drinkers slobber everywhere without even realising...would be a massive spike amongst the unwashed foreign community

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

The closed door will stop them... 

Yesterday evening my daughter went to the movies with her pals. I dropped her off, and had a couple of hours to wait. I haven't been in town in the evening since the whole lockdown palaver began. To my surprise, about 60% or so of the street food stalls and shophouse restaurants were open, and quite busy. Some bars were open, albeit with dimmed lighting, once off the main roads even more so. I took a stroll down the " western strip" (such as it is). No tourists of course, and only one of the westerner owned bars showed any signs of life; several of the Thai owned operations were discretely open. The massage joints all had the usual collection of girls outside. Absolutely (as before) no sign of any police presence. 

I was surprised. Now we are a long way from Bangkok, but I can't help wondering if 1) the authorities have proved susceptible to a certain amount of "influence" and 2) are the Thais voting with their feet?

Edited by herfiehandbag

School informed somebody would be doing "inspection" next week, after which there would be a decision if they can re-open. There's only two weeks of the term left anyway. The whole "phase" thing is getting ridicilous.

10 hours ago, nikmar said:

all these places are safe , yet pubs and bars are still "high risk". 

I presume because people in "pubs and bars" are less likely to follow the "social distancing" rule!

32 minutes ago, assayer said:

And the real kicker here is that alcohol kils the virus.  duh

Not the stuff you drink. Its only 40% alcohol. Needs to be 60% or greater to kill virus.

2 hours ago, sambum said:

I presume because people in "pubs and bars" are less likely to follow the "social distancing" rule!

Perhaps because going to pubs and bars, for Thais, is very much an activity indulged in by young middle class people - dangerous people. they have ideas and opinions, which they may exchange and share - dangerous people...

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Confused 1

Of course it makes sense that bars cant open, because you don't wear a mask in a bar and drink alcohol that makes people get closer still. Bars are made to socialize so it makes sense. Of course not to the alcohol loving crowd. 

Bars with girl make even less sense as you girls will spread the virus more and more as they have many customers. I can understand if bars without girls start up a bit but still bars will not stick to the rules its a given. 

Movie theaters they leave seats free and you need masks. I went to the market all were wearing masks. That will just not happen in bars. 

I get it guys you need your girls and alcohol but that does not make it safe. Just wishing it to be true does not make it true.

On 6/10/2020 at 10:43 AM, smedly said:

if I owned a bar I'd be very angry

Considering how quiet the bars have been in the last couple of years, social distancing shouldn't be an issue, even if there was a sudden step back to pre-Covid times 

(Apart from Soi 6, where Social Distancing can be quite challenging)