Bus travel for foreigners

Deli

Actually it is not ppssible for Non Thai Nationals to travel on Government run busses throughout the country.

I called TAT 1672 yesterday and they confirmed that this is actually company policy. No further explanations have been given.

They recommended looking for a privately operated company for travel.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, LALes said:

I went from Pattaya to Bangkok on the bus a few days ago.  Not a govt. bus...the same old Ekkamai bus.  No problem.

any sort of distancing in place? Price rise? thanks

1 minute ago, brewsterbudgen said:

There's no problem on the private bus companies, which any sensible foreigner should use anyway!

I went into the Sri Mongkol Bus station on Pattaya .3rd road off Pattaya klang to ask about a trip and was shown a paper that said they were not transporting foreigners at this time. This is not a Government company Privately owned. Chan Tours and Nokchai Air said no problem.

1 hour ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

As I posted in another thread, I've worked and stayed in a lot of different countries. Racism is everywhere. 

Too true.  Thailand has a long way to go before it hits the levels of racism found in countries like the US, UK and most of Europe!

• Confused 1

Sad.

But I will not be missing the bus, as the wife drives me wherever I want to go.

No waiting at bus stops, no social distancing, no discrimination. No getting to bus stops from where I live, or getting from bus stops to where I want to go.

Public transport for those that need it, I use the car.

5 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Too true.  Thailand has a long way to go before it hits the levels of racism found in countries like the US, UK and most of Europe!

HUH?!? Thailand sets a HIGH bar for blatant, unabashed racism and discrimination. ????

On 6/12/2020 at 8:19 AM, Emdog said:

any sort of distancing in place? Price rise? thanks

119 baht.  Supposed to be one person and an empty seat next to you.  It was pretty much that way except for a young, Thai couple sitting across the aisle from me.  Not a problem.

• Thanks 1