Foreigners banned from buses

Jackcwba

Just saw an article on that Richard burrows twitter page that a major bus company has banned all foreigners from getting on buses,

basically white people.... there’s plenty of Filipinos here who are darker skinned and you would assume are thai in some cases would get on without a problem so.

is this for ALL buses? Or just those that depart from the main bus station terminals for trips,  I’m due to go back to work Monday in Rama 3 area so prefer not to have a nasty surprise at 6 in the morning, 

anybody farangs here that used a bus today or yesterday ? Any issues? And do you have to do this scan in like you have to do at all the malls now. (Pointless exercise) given the fact there’s been no local cases in how long 

cheers 

Best to go and ask at the bus station. I went from Pattaya to Ekkamai on Monday with no issues. Apparently it's some nonsense in the emergency decree requiring a thai ID card so would be a problem for any foreigners not just white ones, assuming they are checking ID cards

It has nothing to do with city bus service AFAIK - long distance and only that one company - other will allow foreigners.  Foreigners are also not allowed to visit Wat Pho it seems from today's reporting from same source.  

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Best to go and ask at the bus station. I went from Pattaya to Ekkamai on Monday with no issues. Apparently it's some nonsense in the emergency decree requiring a thai ID card so would be a problem for any foreigners not just white ones, assuming they are checking ID cards

This is effective today.  Justs when you thought this country couldn't go any lower we get this.  Time to shop for a new destination. https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/transport-company-resumes-service-bans-foreigners

Edited by tlandtday
  • Like 1

The restriction, as ignorant as it is, is for inter province travel on the state owned bus line. The Wat Po restriction is also unwarranted and extremely un-Buddhist. Any foreigner in Thailand at this time has long passed the Covid 19 incubation period and many have not been out of Thailand for years. I rarely complain about the lack of thinking Thais put into regulations/restrictions but these are totally unwarranted and make Thailand look extremely Xenophobic. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Instead of whining about it on Thaivisa, do what I did - send an e-mail of complaint to The Transport Co. at [email protected]  Be polite, and use simple English. If you have a Thai person in your life, ask him or her to do it in Thai. And, ask every foreigner you know to do the same.

Edited by allane
x
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

................Apparently it's some nonsense in the emergency decree requiring a thai ID card..........

I just so happen to have my pink Thai ID I was assured by TV was worthless......