Electrical engineer electrocuted in Nonthaburi: Victim is left hanging among the wires

webfact

Electrical engineer electrocuted in Nonthaburi: Victim is left hanging among the wires

8pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News described a tragic scene after a 23 year old electrical engineer was electrocuted among a tangle of hanging wires atop a power pole. 

A basket and crane had to be used by Poh Teck Tung foundation and electrical staff to get Surasak down as a large crowd gawked at the end of Soi 1 of the Mit Pracha housing estate in Pak Kret. 

Medical personnel at the scene found burns on the arm of the victim. 

A work colleague at a private firm, Ramornchai, 30, said Surasak was using jump leads when his arm inadvertently came into contact with a high power cable.

Poh Teck Tung took the body away for an autopsy at the Thammasat Chalerm Prakiat hospital. 

Officials were on the scene beginning an inquiry into what actually happened.  

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-06-12

• Sad 6

2 hours ago, anterian said:

I doubt he was an electrical engineer, just an electrical worker. 

I doubt he knew or understood anything about electrical distribution. Unfortunately he probably understands more today than yesterday.

Edited by Reigntax
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, anterian said:

I doubt he was an electrical engineer, just an electrical worker. 

I must admit that as a degreed EE I'm always a bit tweaked to hear tradesmen of various ilk described as engineers.

If they do anything more complex than opening a paint can with a screwdriver they are crowned with that title. Truthfully though I guess it's a petty ego game to deny them this status.

I've seen this trend developing in America for decades to the point of garbage collectors titled as sanitation engineers. At the same time laws prevent degreed engineers from titling themselves as such on their business cards. 

The one-eyed man is king in the land of the blind.