Lazada, quo vadis?

Confuscious

I started to use Lazada many years ago and was very satisfied with their service.
What attracted me most on Lazada was the COD.
When the goods are delivered, you pay for the goods.
Mostly, there was no problem with Lazada until ....

I ordered about 2 weeks ago an external hard disk.
Before ordering, I contacted the seller and he affirmed that the item was brand new and made in Thailand.
On reception, I tested the hard disk, and the test gave about 60% of the hard disk had bad sectors.
Also, the description of the hard disk did not match with the headers.
I immediately asked Lazada for a dispute and a printed from for returning the hard disk.
I received the email about 2 hours later, printed it out and brought everything to Kerry Express (free sending to Lazada).

2 days later, I received an email from Lazada that they accepted the refund and they had put the total sum I had paid into my wallet.
I wanted to order another hard disk, this time from Banana, but when I wanted to leave my Shopping cart and proceed with the payment, I noticed that Lazada did not accept to use the wallet by foreigners.
Only Thai citizens.

After spending a few hours trying to call the Help line and explaining that I had money in my wallet and wanted to use that money for an other order, the lady told me that she will send me an email with a form to fill in and she would take care of that.

I opened the email and was forwarded to a Lazada site for refund for foreigners and, according to that site, foreigners were only granted 1 day to transfer the money from their wallet to their bank account.

Lucky for me, I was still in the 1 day frame.

Under these circumstances, I made this my LAST order with Lazada.
Complete unfriendly to foreigners.

1 hour ago, Confuscious said:

2 days later, I received an email from Lazada that they accepted the refund and they had put the total sum I had paid into my wallet.
I wanted to order another hard disk, this time from Banana, but when I wanted to leave my Shopping cart and proceed with the payment, I noticed that Lazada did not accept to use the wallet by foreigners.
Only Thai citizens.

I've not had any problems with my Lazada wallet.

Activated before the 'Thai only' rules came into play.

2 hours ago, Confuscious said:

What attracted me most on Lazada was the COD.

Why? Just use a CC. Which makes no difference even if you receive the goods yourself.

I have ordered hundreds of items from Lazada past few years. They leave them at my building reception. Refunds? Had a few. Just printed out the form, dropped the item off at 7/11 or Kerry center and the funds were back in my CC within the week. Couple of times that the seller tried to give me grief I called the Lazada helpline and was sorted out in minutes.

Lazada service is excellent. Their two big problems are elsewhere:

a. The search function. You have to hit the nail right on the head or it fails. I've actually often found the right Lazada page googling "Item X Bangkok" rather than using their search.

b. It's bizarre to see the exact same item with the same pic on the same page listed for 152b., 197b., 185b, ... Can't be that hard to fix this.

Edited by Why Me

7 hours ago, Confuscious said:

I opened the email and was forwarded to a Lazada site for refund for foreigners and, according to that site, foreigners were only granted 1 day to transfer the money from their wallet to their bank account.

Wrong. money from a refund in your wallet can be transferred to your account for up to 9 months, not 1 day.

image.png.1afcc6f31d39b3b2844ad395a77bc648.png

And you don't need to send emails, just go to the website, and your wallet and withdraw

image.png.9515b29f1b93d34be962a0c4000fbc94.png

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I've not had any problems with my Lazada wallet.

Activated before the 'Thai only' rules came into play.

I also activated my wallet before the Thai rules came into play, but unless your wallet is in Thai name now you can not top up or pay with the wallet, only transfer to your account

image.png.6e3692ebac4638af68d8868c62062a2f.png