Social media abuzz! This example of Thai parking might astound you!

rooster59

Social media abuzz! This example of Thai parking might astound you!

104192769_3019136771538745_4616301142710950981_n.jpg

Image: Daily News

Comment on Thai social media was rife after a picture showed a car parked right across two bays at a Korat store.

Chayutta Jiranuwat said on Facebook that she saw red after seeing the green light that indicated there were spare parking places on that floor.

She had to keep driving round to find one.

She posed the question: "Who taught them to park like that?". 

Daily News' caption said: Does this actually happen?

It appears it does. 

In response to the post someone posted a picture of the same car parked in a similar fashion elsewhere.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-06-13

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, DaLa said:

I'm not excusing this but some of the mult-storey car parks are a night-mare to navigate.  I used the one at Manchester airport and it  indicated there were 14 places available. I drove around for 20 minutes trying to find one I could get my medium size van into before having to PAY before leaving without parking.

I know we 'knock' the Thais with their driving , but one aspect I've noticed here is that a large percentage of them reverse park which is far safer than the majority of people in the UK that have little concept ( or skills) of this.

MAN airport? Awful place. The rental car courtesy bus (not free) dropped me and my 3 large suitcases off at their only permitted bus stop some 200 m from the entrance to the terminal. Not a baggage cart anywhere in sight.

...a bit like their Arrivals hall at 9 P.M. about two weeks earlier actually.

Unlike Thais who have lived here all their lives, after 13 years living here nothing that occurs on the roads of Thailand "astounds" me.  In fact, I was pretty well inured to parking like that within the first year.  But Thais are still "astounded."  Guess those folks don't get out of the house much.  Stupidity like that are daily, multi-occurrence normalcy on the roads of Thailand.

• Sad 1

In the UK, wimmin locally drive fat 4x4

barges in fast forward only, outside the

local WI hall there's a bloke to park for

them, the only time reverse gear is used.

Although many years ago I did notice a

a woman and a yellow Etype coming round

a bend sideways towards me. That took

a bit of doing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, talahtnut said:

In the UK, wimmin locally drive fat 4x4

barges in fast forward only, outside the

local WI hall there's a bloke to park for

them, the only time reverse gear is used.

Although many years ago I did notice a

a woman and a yellow Etype coming round

a bend sideways towards me. That took

a bit of doing.

She really wanted to make an impression on you broadside.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DaLa said:

I'm not excusing this but some of the mult-storey car parks are a night-mare to navigate.  I used the one at Manchester airport and it  indicated there were 14 places available. I drove around for 20 minutes trying to find one I could get my medium size van into before having to PAY before leaving without parking.

I know we 'knock' the Thais with their driving , but one aspect I've noticed here is that a large percentage of them reverse park which is far safer than the majority of people in the UK that have little concept ( or skills) of this.

BKK's MSCPs are truly a nightmare, small dingy and the signs to go up and down are useless.    

4 hours ago, DaLa said:

Must be a generation thing then as I always used to reverse park in the UK and so did most of the people I knew.