Is Microsoft really the most moronic company in the world?

Susco

I haven't used hotmail for at least 10 years, because they locked me out of my account for no reason, and no way to reset my password.

That alone and the security issues that come with hotmail made me change to more secure email.

Today out of thin air I receive an email from microsoft in my current mailbox that says, to reset password for your [email protected] account use this code.

I hadn't request anything.

So I go to outlook and enter the hotmail address, and say I forgot password. I then get a screen that shows my hotmail address and my current email address where I received the code.

I need to select one of them and complete the asterisks that were in the place of the username

I select my current email address and then get the option " I have code "

When I enter the code I get the option to create a new password, and at the end I get the message that I have succeeded in creating new password.

I then try to login to my hotmail account, and it accept my new password, but I then get a screen that says, for security reasons we have to verify your identity.

Please enter the code we have sent to your [email protected]  email

So before I can enter my hotmail inbox I have to enter the code they sent to my hotmail inbox???

Is Microsoft run by Thais?>

6 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

You have chosen the same e-mail adress as recovery account. How can you expect to get to that information when the same account is locked? You should always chose a different e-mail adress as recovery account. So, just go blame yourself instead.

I wonder if you have ever attended reading classes during your school years, otherwise they were for sure not your favourite subject.

36 minutes ago, Susco said:

I then get a screen that shows my hotmail address and my current email address where I received the code.

37 minutes ago, Susco said:

I select my current email address

Does that sound to you as if I selected my hotmail address as recovery?

I'm sure somewhere near you is a Top Charoen shop, otherwise try reading my post again, but S L O W L Y this time

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Microsoft is actually a very successful marketing company, which has managed to make huge profits from a virus-ridden operating system.

It baffles me why Microsoft still has adherents, when there are perfectly good operating systems such as Linux, Ubuntu and Manjaro freely available to download.

If the OP's information in hotmail is ten years old, it probably is irrelevant by now.

From the OP:

• Is Microsoft run by Thais?>

The context of that comment is intended to be of a denigrating nature toward Thais and in violation of the following forum rule:

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

//Closed//