Far-right and anti-racism protesters scuffle in London

rooster59

Thailand's far right controls the country. They've been removing the plaques and statues relating to Democracy for the last six year or so. They want to go back to the time before Democracy. They are just late doing it. It's the reverse of what is happening in the west right now where liberals are trying to get rid of the monuments relating to oppression and slavery. I bet there are other countries like Thailand which are actually raising statues of fascists and dictators. Look around this stuff is constantly going on around the globe.

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

Harassment? That's what the police were doing to somebody for politically motivated reasons. They tend to do it on many levels, such as targeting anti-government leaders, or even taking a biased position at rallies and protests. Guess what, they harass 'the right' while supporting 'the left'.   

Unfortunately my replies to people who post utter nonsense such as the above are deleted

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Loiner said:

Harassment? That's what the police were doing to somebody for politically motivated reasons. They tend to do it on many levels, such as targeting anti-government leaders, or even taking a biased position at rallies and protests. Guess what, they harass 'the right' while supporting 'the left'.   

Unfortunately this forum is swamped by supporters / sympathisers, to put it politely, of the right of centre. posting propaganda. Police were acting in accordance with legislation under the Terrorism Act; go and read the Court's decision on the matter. If the guy had complied to a lawful request he would have had no problem so long as the content on his phone didn't breach any laws.

Met Police in general biased towards protesters from the left, really? Though at the moment doubt they're enamoured with right wing protesters.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson has condemned today's far-right protests in London, which saw six police officers injured.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/06/13/black-lives-matter-protests-london-statues-racism-churchill/

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

Unfortunately my replies to people who post utter nonsense such as the above are deleted

Why do some of these posts remind me of our Kids when they were 15/16 ish. It Aint Fair Mom tell him, , it just isnt, door slams etc.

44 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Unfortunately this forum is swamped by supporters / sympathisers, to put it politely, of the right of centre. posting propaganda. Police were acting in accordance with legislation under the Terrorism Act; go and read the Court's decision on the matter. If the guy had complied to a lawful request he would have had no problem so long as the content on his phone didn't breach any laws.

Met Police in general biased towards protesters from the left, really? Though at the moment doubt they're enamoured with right wing protesters.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson has condemned today's far-right protests in London, which saw six police officers injured.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/06/13/black-lives-matter-protests-london-statues-racism-churchill/

I would say it’s even more unfortunate that the forum appears to be swamped by supporters/sympathisers of the Left. TVF and it’s advertisers are probably satisfied with the increased traffic from either side. Others, well......

Terrorist charges for refusal to access a SIM is clearly politically motivated police harassment. No doubt about that.  Over the past couple of weekends the police have brazenly displayed that bias. 

Boris? Are you one of those who constantly label him as a liar? In this case maybe he is, but more likely just trying to calm the situation.

10 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

I have no idea whether your numbers are correct, but lets say that they are (while I have no reason to dispute them, most people would cite credible references when they make such points) - does that in itself not concern you?

I can think of two possible explanations as to why black people commit a massively disproportionate amount of violent crime - either they are genetically predisposed to it (and, for the record, I do not believe that at all) or there are societal factors which play a major role in this. 

Ah yes, the good ole "it's because they're poor".

Actually there is more htan two Black & White factors, that can easily explain this, rather than just genetics or financial factors.

How about cultural issues? Such as having no male role models in the house hold, that show you how to be a man and earn a living? With the next step thus being looking up to older cousins or "rolemodels" in the form of "adult" (debatable) males in the neighbourhood, who have a lot of status symbols in the form of a slut on each arm, gold chains with diamonds, a new Benz, etc? Glorifying crime, drug dealing as a "way to make it" etc via movies and rap?

I previously stated where you can get the violent crime and murder stats from, in this thread. Ie the FBI's own website. Or a simple google search "race and crime in the united states". Some of those are very misleading though, with their "White" numbers, as SOME of them throw Latinos in with "White". While some Latinos are White (Criollos for example), most are certainly not.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, Loiner said:

<SNIP>

Terrorist charges for refusal to access a SIM is clearly politically motivated police harassment. No doubt about that.  Over the past couple of weekends the police have brazenly displayed that bias. 

Boris? Are you one of those who constantly label him as a liar? In this case maybe he is, but more likely just trying to calm the situation.

Again read the Court's decision rather than repeating ill-informed commentary, police acted within the law.

Nope, from memory haven't specifically commented on BJ.

Police brazenly displaying bias towards those demonstrating from the left of politics - rather than repeating without evidence - provide links where police took no action against those braking the law when they has sufficient resources available to respond.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, yourauntbob said:

<SNIP> have yet to see a single headline about the "far left" who are burning down buildings.

Given this topic is in reference to the UK and current protests, have the far left burnt down any buildings in the UK or indeed any political faction?

• Like 2

On 6/13/2020 at 11:14 PM, bannork said:

More patriots giving Nazi salutes in front of Churchill's statue. 

Hey morons, Churchill is revered for fighting the Nazis.

Thick as 2 short planks and a Greek outhouse.

Screenshot-2020-06-13-at-15.42.12-1024x485.png

They are saying "HEY MOE, LOOK AT THE GROUSE!" 

2 hours ago, OZinPattaya said:

Come on now, equally guilty? I'm trying to think of a single leftist person who got fired from their job, de-monetized or de-platformed on social media for expressing leftist beliefs or criticisms of the right wing. If you can think of one I'll counter with 50 of the opposite. "Cancel Culture" is distinctly a phenomenon of the Left. There have been several instances of this already with people who dared to criticize the BLM in the wake of the riots, an employee of the Federal Reserve to name but one. To pretend there is any semblance of equivalence here is silly

Federal Reserve? - I assume you're talking about alleged events in the US. As this topic is in reference to the UK, please inform who from the right wing, not far right extremists, in the UK have been fired from their jobs for articulating their opinions; two or three examples, with links, is sufficient.

• Like 1