Its Out !! ITS OUT ! ! !

Gonzo the Face

I'm obsessed with movies and think that Spike has potential to be great and yes he is most assuredly a racist. I had a meeting a few decades ago in an freelance office that did Spikes poster work and the designer there told me flat out, "Spike would never hire you", of course the reason was clear, though I inquired, "because I'm white?", of course there answer was an honest "YES". The designer and I both laughed our heads off. Spike then went on at a later date to blatantly plagiarize a famous poster from a studio that I worked for. The plagiarism was so obvious that the studio had to reprint a new campaign and of course never an apology came from Spike. He's done some masterful works, when he focuses on his craft and not his racism directed towards whites. I watched about 20 of this new one and fast forwarded thru the rest in about a minute.

iu-4.jpeg

Edited by jij
  • Thanks 1

I thought the film was OK, not great but watchable. They filmed the jungle scenes somewhere near Chiang Mai. Had to done quickly since they only had 10 days of Chadwick Boseman's time (he was the Blood that got killed in the war). Bad scheduling though because it was in March at the very peak of the smoke season. You can see it in the jungle scenes. The sky is grey-brown. 

I didn't think is was too bad.  Put some biases aside and remember it is a Spike Lee movie and what is to be expected.  I enjoyed finding spots that I recognized. Some outcomes were predictable, especially when the (spoiler) explosive ordinance disposal team was inserted.  How long did it take them to shoot the Pun Pun scenes?

On 6/17/2020 at 11:15 AM, silverhawk_usa said:

I didn't think is was too bad.  Put some biases aside and remember it is a Spike Lee movie and what is to be expected.  I enjoyed finding spots that I recognized. Some outcomes were predictable, especially when the (spoiler) explosive ordinance disposal team was inserted.  How long did it take them to shoot the Pun Pun scenes?

Silverhawk my sincere apologies for not answering sooner, but somehow I don't check in as often as I used to.   They were at The Pun Pun for two weeks.  I know that seems like a long time for so little screen time, but there was a lot of background construction that the had done.  Not sure it some of that made it to the finished product.  I will say this about the entire experience....... I have been around for a goodly number of years, but I wouldn't give up that two week experience for anything.   ....Well maybe if the price was right  Thanks for your posting.

On 6/15/2020 at 1:00 PM, jij said:

I'm obsessed with movies and think that Spike has potential to be great and yes he is most assuredly a racist. I had a meeting a few decades ago in an freelance office that did Spikes poster work and the designer there told me flat out, "Spike would never hire you", of course the reason was clear, though I inquired, "because I'm white?", of course there answer was an honest "YES". The designer and I both laughed our heads off. Spike then went on at a later date to blatantly plagiarize a famous poster from a studio that I worked for. The plagiarism was so obvious that the studio had to reprint a new campaign and of course never an apology came from Spike. He's done some masterful works, when he focuses on his craft and not his racism directed towards whites. I watched about 20 of this new one and fast forwarded thru the rest in about a minute.

iu-4.jpeg

You might put some effort in to alienate yourself from your white priviledge.

A black man in America cannot be "racist towards whites"

Those who hold the key to dismantle the racist structures that oppress him. 

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Haha 1

On 6/14/2020 at 3:27 PM, Gonzo the Face said:

I'm the one with half a body gone ,   go ahead ask which half....

Going by your posts heading, Its Out !! ITS OUT ! ! ! I would guess the lower part of your body ????

Edited by 4MyEgo

40 minutes ago, faraday said:

What do you mean?

I don't want write a long post. You might start by doing some reading. There is a book gaining traction called "White Fragility".

This idea that people who address systematic racism are actually the real racists is a rhetorical point that was started in right-wing media 

5-7 years ago as a pretense that racism does not exist. ie "Barrack Obama" or  "Al Sharpton" is racist".  

Maybe Spike Lee hates White people. That doesn't make him a racist. Maybe he has reasons.

On August 25 1959, Miles Davis got beaten by NYC PD for stepping outside a club in New York that he was headlining at for no reason. 

I was alway told that Miles was racist. He was not. He was a victim of racism. Hate is a horrible poison that corrodes the person that harbors it  but to begin to even forgive your abusers, let alone love them, is a difficult thing that most people cannot ever achieve.

Unknown-7.jpeg

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Going by your posts heading, Its Out !! ITS OUT ! ! ! I would guess the lower part of your body ????

Can't help it and don't know why, but your repost instantly reminded me of the words of a good, great and well respected black man ......  Free at Last, Free at last.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gonzo the Face said:

Can't help it and don't know why, but your repost instantly reminded me of the words of a good, great and well respected black man ......  Free at Last, Free at last.

I think he's name was Bill, but they called him Will, if I recall, he was locked up on some trumped up charge, and a large crowd got behind him, and chanted, free Willy, free Willy and that is where the words ...... Free at last, Free at last came from ????

Can't help making it up as I go ????

Edited by 4MyEgo

23 hours ago, taotoo said:

That's the definition of racism.

No, that might be a definition of prejudice or bigotry. A subjugated person can't be racist. Blacks in America do not have the resources or influence to enforce  "superiority" on other races as long as the favored majority hold all the privilege.  These structures persistent in America. Centuries old socio-economic phenomena of practices and systems that ranks one race inferior or superior to another.

On 6/21/2020 at 7:21 AM, Captain Monday said:

Maybe Spike Lee hates White people. That doesn't make him a racist. Maybe he has reasons.

An expert that never talked with a black person.  Oh of couse they did (but they never listened).

It almost makes me like the thread on how to pay your electrical bill.

Edited by Dante99

A post has been removed:

English is the only acceptable language anywhere on ThaiVisa including Classifieds, except within the Thai language forum, where of course using Thai is allowed. Short Thai translation of technical terms is permitted in specialty forums.