90 day report start when?

Hello my dear friends, my visa is on extention based on marriage. 

I've seen somewhere that there is no need to apply for it till July due to covid? 

Could pls someone let me know the latest situ? 

Also it's my first time to do the extention can that be done online or do I need to goto the local imm office? 

Cheerios

30 minutes ago, villageidiotY2K said:

Hello my dear friends, my visa is on extention based on marriage. 

You either have a Visa, or an extension of stay, not both.

32 minutes ago, villageidiotY2K said:

I've seen somewhere that there is no need to apply for it till July due to covid? 

Do you mean the 90 day report which has been suspended, or an extension, which should be reapplied for before it's expiry date.

35 minutes ago, villageidiotY2K said:

Also it's my first time to do the extention can that be done online or do I need to goto the local imm office? 

Again confusing. If you already have an extension, then this isn't your first time.

1 year extension applications cannot be done online, only in person at your Immigration office.

90 day reports can be done online, but the requirement is suspended until 31st July.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Ninety day reports are not extensions. They are a report of staying longer than 90 consecutive days in the country.

If you recently applied for a one year extension your first 90 day report would be due 90 days from the  day you applied. You would need to do the first report at the immigration office since they would have no record of you doing one before.

Ninety day reports are not required until after July 31st. The will probably be due 90 days from the date you last report was due.

Hi Ubon, so i was due a 90 day report this month at Jomtien and there will be no need to go until after July 31st?

21 minutes ago, Kenchamp said:

Hi Ubon, so i was due a 90 day report this month at Jomtien and there will be no need to go until after July 31st?

Will there be a 7 day window to do this? 

39 minutes ago, jrward42 said:

I had forgotten we don’t have to do 90 day reports and did mine online this morning. It was approved in less than an hour. To be honest, I would have worried about backlogs and fines if I had left until the end of July.

Same...I did mine...came back in 1 hour this morning. Never left my chair (OK...laziness is an issue...but why sweat going to Immigration)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kenchamp said:

Jomtien Immigration is Open & you can do your 90 day ASAP There  very Quick Process & the Immigration Lady is a Keeper 

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The will probably be due 90 days from the date you last report was due.

That would be great. I am due on 21st of this month, and I am not keen to spend half a day on the road for nothing. Would I be save to add 90 days to June 21st, I am not sure. My plan was to go and do the report anyway, maybe just because I don't trust the exemption? Until now I did not decide, what to do...

1 hour ago, andre47 said:

You can report 90 days any time online. Very easy and convenient ????

It is definitely not working in my case. My last entry to Thailand was in 2007, much too long ago for the badly maintained database. Same like the online app, no dice. ☹️

11 minutes ago, hkt83100 said:

That would be great. I am due on 21st of this month, and I am not keen to spend half a day on the road for nothing. Would I be save to add 90 days to June 21st, I am not sure. My plan was to go and do the report anyway, maybe just because I don't trust the exemption? Until now I did not decide, what to do...

The ministerial notice issued on April 7th clearly states that 90 day reports are not required. The extension of it to July 31st states the same thing. No fines or other penalties for not doing them.

I skipped mine that was due in April and one that would of been due next month. Not worried about it at all.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

90 day reports can be done online, but the requirement is suspended until 31st July.

No it's not. I did mine and a friend's the other week. The OP should try it before the mad rush.

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Because it is not required at this time. Why do something you do not have to do.

To avoid the rush when it has to be done on July 31.

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, willyumcr said:

My 90 day report is due June 21. I will skip. Agent informed me not due again until September 19 but to follow latest news regarding. Does this seem right?

Yes

That is assuming they state that the report will be due 90 days from when you last report was due.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Irishrogue said:

I went to Nontaburi Immigration last Friday and did my 90 day report in and out within 5mins.

This office is also recommending that the report be done before Jult 31st. Just found that out today from my employer. So they will be taking my 90day paperwork tomorrow to do it. I think they rather people not wait until the 31st in case there is a rush at the office. 

I simply went and did mine when it was due.  In and out in less than 5 minutes and no discussion about Covid.  It's just easier to keep the same schedule going.  No surprises that way. 

• Like 1

What you risk are the crowds on or around 30 July at Immigration. I did a 90 day report at CM drive thru service last week. Sign said no need, but the IO processed it anyway.

Edited by Mayhem11