90 day report start when?

As Ubonjoe says, why do it when there's no need. Mine was due 22nd June, did it Friday as Immigration Office is on the way to town. Completely forgot it wasn't necessary. In and out in 2 minutes. IO didn't mention it wasn't necessary either.

Not necessary until end July, but if convenient, do it anyway. No skin off one's nose, as in my case.

Edited by Scott Tracy
Changed OK to IO. Stupid predictive text and stupid proofreader, me...
  • Like 1

Any one have experience with late reporting of 90 days stay in Thailand?? 

I missed it by about 1 week. So i'll have to go to Cheang Wattana immigration i guess... ????

Oh WAIT... I Just found this online, is this true? Anyone have any comments?  
https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2020/04/22/govt-extends-foreigners-stay-to-july-31-halts-90-day-report/

& i just tried reporting online link... Didn't work this time.. (did for the previous 90 days reporting) 

Are they strict? Is the 2000 Baht going to happen for sure??? 

Edited by wrazoru

I am on a Permit to Stay due to Retirement. I did my 90 day report on the 4th June 2020, at Phuket drive-through.

Immigration officer told me I am not a tourist and to do it anyway. Phuket Immigration is running as per normal for long stayers.

I went through the drive-through in 1 minute 14 seconds.

4 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

No it's not. I did mine and a friend's the other week. The OP should try it before the mad rush.

You can if you wish make your 90 day report, the point is you don't have to.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

To avoid the rush when it has to be done on July 31.

What rush!

My office have already informed me even when the amnesty ends, 90 day reports will become due 90 days from the last due report date.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, wrazoru said:

I missed it by about 1 week. So i'll have to go to Cheang Wattana immigration i guess... ????

& i just tried reporting online link... Didn't work this time.. (did for the previous 90 days reporting) 

There is an amnesty until 31st July, no need to make 90 day reports.

1587708150036.jpg

7 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

You can if you wish make your 90 day report, the point is you don't have to.

You don't have to pay 500 Baht to transfer your stamps from your old passport to your new one but people do. How many tell the office 'you don't have to' pay? Just me I think.

With my IO's history of not following rules that are accepted in most provinces I went ahead and did my 90 day yesterday for peace of mind. Was in and out in 5 minutes and was the only one in the office.  Saw the Immigration BMW setting outside idle. 

• Like 1

As I am close to the Immigration Office here in Phuket town, I went in for my 90 days report as usual, this June 12. At the drive through window, a few minutes, and all done. No need to wonder what and when something will be needed for my 90 day report...

9 hours ago, wrazoru said:

Oh WAIT... I Just found this online, is this true? Anyone have any comments?  
https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2020/04/22/govt-extends-foreigners-stay-to-july-31-halts-90-day-report/

It was announced and repeated consistently by IO that there is NO need to do your 90-day reports during the Amnesty, and obviously no fines for not reporting.

Your wrote > I missed it by about 1 week. So i'll have to go to Cheang Wattana immigration i guess... ????

That would be a totally unnecessary journey.  CW will probably even turn you away as you are outside the in person reporting-window already.

You are probably confused by all the 'I did my 90-day report last week at my local IO, in and out in 5 minutes' one-liner posts.

It is NOT necessary during the Amnesty and for sure there won't be a 'mad rush' after the Amnesty as the sensible way - already confirmed by some IOs - is that they will simply consider the 90-day reports not done during the Amnesty as 'done' and so your next appointment will be 90-days after the due date of the last one you skipped.

• Like 1

It goes from one extreme to the other.

Foreigners complain of overcrowded Immigration offices and safe social distancing.

So the cabinet pass a resolution to automatically extend permission of stay and suspend 90 day reported until 31st July to counter the valid complaints.

Now we have foreigners insisting on submitting 90 day reports when they don't need to.

It's no wonder Immigration think foreigners are fickle.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

What rush!

My office have already informed me even when the amnesty ends, 90 day reports will become due 90 days from the last due report date.

and you believe them? 

3 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

You don't have to pay 500 Baht to transfer your stamps from your old passport to your new one but people do. How many tell the office 'you don't have to' pay? Just me I think.

Just what does the process of transferring stamps to a new Passport, have to do with 90 day reporting.

7 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

It goes from one extreme to the other.

Foreigners complain of overcrowded Immigration offices and safe social distancing.

So the cabinet pass a resolution to automatically extend permission of stay and suspend 90 day reported until 31st July to counter the valid complaints.

Now we have foreigners insisting on submitting 90 day reports when they don't need to.

It's no wonder Immigration think foreigners are fickle.

Because we simply don't trust them to stick to their own rules. History tells us to be very cautious.  Perhaps if all the rules were consistently applied, through every Immigration office then we would take notice of them, as it is, they don't even know their own rules half the time. Better safe than sorry with Thai Immigration. I will not be at all surprised, when the amnesty is lifted, to hear of expats being fined for none reporting. Then it will be 'I told you so'.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2020 at 8:38 AM, ubonjoe said:

Ninety day reports are not extensions. They are a report of staying longer than 90 consecutive days in the country.

If you recently applied for a one year extension your first 90 day report would be due 90 days from the  day you applied. You would need to do the first report at the immigration office since they would have no record of you doing one before.

Ninety day reports are not required until after July 31st. The will probably be due 90 days from the date you last report was due.

i wish people would read, understand and DIGEST all the great info YOU supply to ALL on here....

If they can not digest the info then they should print off an read over and over again....then they just might DIGEST the info !!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, essox essox said:

i wish people would read, understand and DIGEST all the great info YOU supply to ALL on here....

If they can not digest the info then they should print off an read over and over again....then they just might DIGEST the info !!!

it's no good digesting information from government if they don't stick to it consistently, in every location, that's the issue. In my circle of friends, they understand perfectly well what is being said, they just don't trust immigration. We have all done our 90 day reports on the due date. 

Edited by Pilotman

6 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Because we simply don't trust them to stick to their own rules. History tells us to be very cautious.  Perhaps if all the rules were consistently applied, through every Immigration office then we would take notice of them, as it is, they don't even know their own rules half the time. Better safe than sorry with Thai Immigration. I will not be at all surprised, when the amnesty is lifted, to hear of expats being fined for none reporting. Then it will be 'I told you so'.

There is a distinct difference between an approved cabinet order, published in the 'Gazette', every national news outlet and posted on Immigrations website temporarily changing sections of the Immigration Act (law), to accommodate the unprecedented situation due to the Covid virus and that of the fickle self imposed local Immigration requirements they make up themselves.

• Like 1

Ninety day reports are not extensions. They are a report of staying longer than 90 consecutive days in the country.

If you recently applied for a one year extension your first 90 day report would be due 90 days from the  day you applied. You would need to do the first report at the immigration office since they would have no record of you doing one before.

Ninety day reports are not required until after July 31st. The will probably be due 90 days from the date you last report was due.

Jomtien is currently processing 90 day reports,went there yesterday afternoon and there was quite a few doing their reporting,ole mate at counter 4 wasn't too happy with his workload i think,he was virtually grabing passports out of everyone as they handed him their passport.lol

10 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

it's no good digesting information from government if they don't stick to it consistently, in every location, that's the issue. In my circle of friends, they understand perfectly well what is being said, they just don't trust immigration. We have all done our 90 day reports on the due date. 

Why don't you all just file a new TM30, just to be on 'the safe side'.

You don't have to, but hell, as you don't trust them .... why not!

5 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

There is a distinct difference between an approved cabinet order, published in the 'Gazette', every national news outlet and posted on Immigrations website temporarily changing sections of the Immigration Act (law), to accommodate the unprecedented situation due to the Covid virus and that of the fickle self imposed local Immigration requirements they make up themselves.

We all know that strict requirements and rules set out in "Thai Immigration Law" are not being followed  consistently in every office, so a Gazetted rule is no more powerful than that, or any more likely to be followed by individual offices. Report and be safe from inconsistencies and rogue IOs, there are plenty around.  

9 minutes ago, Oztruckie said:

Jomtien is currently processing 90 day reports,went there yesterday afternoon and there was quite a few doing their reporting,ole mate at counter 4 wasn't too happy with his workload i think,he was virtually grabing passports out of everyone as they handed him their passport.lol

Most are probably people that are not aware they are not required until after July 31st.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

We all know that strict requirements and rules set out in "Thai Immigration Law" are not being followed  consistently in every office, so a Gazetted rule is no more powerful than that, or any more likely to be followed by individual offices. Report and be safe from inconsistencies and rogue IOs, there are plenty around.  

Do you expect them to ignore everything else in the ministerial notice.

Lots of people are still here whose permit to stay ended long ago. Do you think they will all be fined for an overstay when they are able to leave the country on or before July 31st unless it is extended again.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, essox essox said:

31 minutes ago, essox essox said:

people CAN go Soi 5 and do their 90 day report NOW no need to wait till July 31, or even AUGUST....

I did mine a few days ago.....ALL DONE AND DUSTED within 3 minutes....now have to sign in again before 8th September !!!!!!!

Well you obviously didn't read, understand and digest the information.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Can you give one instance of an office that isn't complying with the law.

Each office has the freedom to set it's own requirements of documents in order to meet the law, but that's the same with all Government establishments from Province to Province.