Thailand will be very choosy about who can visit, insists Anutin

snoop1130

Thailand has good reason to be choosy about international tourism. The infections still rage around the world, and Thailand cannot afford another economic shutdown. Nobody knows what the consequences of that could be, but I would guess a five year long economic depression is a possibility. Europeans and Americans are going to be the most radioactive people on the planet for the next year or two. So, all of that makes sense.

What does not make any sense to me, is why can Thailand be so choosy about selecting tourists who visit, and so nonchalant about choosing ministers to lead the government? If they searched for five years, they could not have possibly found someone less qualified for his position than Anutin. Same applies to Pipat for Tourism Minister. What gives? 

85.jpeg

1000x-1.jpg

airport-coronavirus-gty-ps-200305_hpEmbed_23x15_992.jpg

stock-photo-bangkok-thailand-march-empty-check-in-counter-in-suvarnabhumi-airport-1139595503.jpg

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Thailand has good reason to be choosy about international tourism. The infections still rage around the world, and Thailand cannot afford another economic shutdown. Nobody knows what the consequences of that could be, but I would guess a five year long economic depression is a possibility. Europeans and Americans are going to be the most radioactive people on the planet for the next year or two. So, all of that makes sense.

What does not make any sense to me, is why can Thailand be so choosy about selecting tourists who visit, and so nonchalant about choosing ministers to lead the government? If they searched for five years, they could not have possibly found someone less qualified for his position than Anutin. Same applies to Pipat for Tourism Minister. What gives? 

Tourists don't have tanks and big guns and can not change the constitution ….. that is the reason they are sitting where they sit .

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I get that. But that still does not answer how they consistently pick from the absolute bottom of the barrel in terms of qualifications for a ministerial post. I understand the concept of cronyism, and get that Thailand is NOT a meritocracy. But, anyone could do better than these guys. 

Bought and paid for. ????

• Like 2

I am now positive that this country is run by idiots. Where do they think that the WUHAN CORONAVIRUS CAME FROM?

Last that I checked, WUHAN is a city in CHINA. There can be little doubt that this country will become a vassal state to China. Just as Thailand was on the wrong side in WWII, they are again choosing the wrong side.    

16 hours ago, Traubert said:

Posted by the hard of thinking more like.

Yes, he seems to have a problem with "were". 

"hard of thinking" is a good one though, I intend to plagiarise it in the future. 

16 hours ago, Lacessit said:

George Orwell would be proud of the doublethink. The virus originated in China, the CCP is probably fudging numbers, and he's going to be choosy in welcoming them back?

He’s going to let the People Choose , Well right now Thais not to happy with China Virus 

I imagine Thailand will be even more attractive to the Chinese hordes of nouveau-lower-middle class: it will be less crowded without farangs. If westerners are not welcome, let's stop trading goods and services with Thailand as well. Let them become a vassal state of China--who cares? Let China extend them loans they can't repay so China can take ownership of strategic properties like Swampy.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Is this moron completely out of hus mind?

If Thailand doesn't find a way to open up their travel industry TO EVERYBODY and FAST, the consequences will be dire!

Unless, of course, you think that Chinese- group business will be so damn great, that you get all the hotels and bars and restaurants back online, only with those!

How is the nationality relevant anyway ? I'm Swiss and haven't been in Switzerland or Europe since August 2019, been only in Laos (where I'm now) as well as in Thailand since September last year... Does it mean that they'll filter nationalities instead of the actual country you've been to and coming from since the outbreak ? Surely not.

instead of restricting people, by country how about permitting people by clear tests....for example I could get a covid -19 test 2 weeks prior to departure, and then 5 days prior to departure and immediately upon arrival put me in quarantine until the results come back....

Edited by Rob3016

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

I get that. But that still does not answer how they consistently pick from the absolute bottom of the barrel in terms of qualifications for a ministerial post. I understand the concept of cronyism, and get that Thailand is NOT a meritocracy. But, anyone could do better than these guys. 

The US is a good example of this. Trump would be ideal for this position. I hear he will be available after November.

18 minutes ago, Rob3016 said:

instead of restricting people, by country how about permitting people by clear tests....for example I could get a covid -19 test 2 weeks prior to departure, and then 5 days prior to departure and immediately upon arrival put me in quarantine until the results come back....

Yes, a scientific measured approach is sensible.