Thailand will be very choosy about who can visit, insists Anutin

snoop1130

Don't be drawn in by this troll. Both China and Sing had pretty severe outbreaks, which they know only too well, while Thailand continues to pull the wool over the world's eyes on its 2k+ dead. Once reality has set in after they've done their little power game, Thailand will continue to let in anyone with money to spend.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kerryd said:

I'm guessing China will make the approved list no matter what happens, like the latest outbreak currently being reported in Beijing.

China is a huge country, both in area and population. An easy and safe solution could be to allow China... except a few provinces still at risk. As of today, it could be excluding Beijing province only.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, elliss said:

Any Expats like too predict their future, in the Land of Smiles.

No gonna predict, but I'm very laid back about it all. If I have to leave here (unlikely) I wouldn't give a toss, and I have family here. In fact it would be good for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, uffe123 said:

This guy talks like thailand is the only vacation spot in the world. I mean how many foreigners are willing to go to thailand and be treated like chit.

According to TAT: billions every year!

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Berti said:

It was only some sarcasm.

I don't think they can be so choosy if they want tourists back. They have to make it easy, then they will return.

16 hours ago, Berti said:

It was only some sarcasm.

I don't think they can be so choosy if they want tourists back. They have to make it easy, then they will return.

Dont want them, just the money....

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Ronaldd said:

So if i am from America, i can leave but I cant come back

Yep. I'm in the same boat. And, I have to leave to go home to deal with some family stuff. Was planning a three-week trip. Now have to actually move back indefinitely. 

3 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

China is a huge country, both in area and population. An easy and safe solution could be to allow China... except a few provinces still at risk. As of today, it could be excluding Beijing province only.

Ask the Italians. Do people never learn ???? Flight bans and the like will not stop this virus. There is absolutely no control over people that do manage to travel inside such a country, and then go out to other countries. It is fake security. 

Edited by sjaak327

1 minute ago, Ronaldd said:

China has lied the whole time about Covid 19. They intentionally unleashed Covid19 on the world while banning Their own Domestic flights from Wuhan. From Jan 1 to Jan 31 400,000 Chinese flew into America. Thank God Trump was smart enough to shut the borders down . Biden called him a Racist for that. 

And look how it helped. In typical Trump fashion, he neglected not only a futher 40.000 Chinese that entered the country after the "ban" but he forgot about all the other countries. As is very clear from the evidence, flight bans don't work. and certainly not limited flight bans. That's exactly why this being picky who can enter the country is not going to provide additional security. Enforcing social distancing all over the country will be much more effective, and would economically be much less disastrous. 

• Like 1

Perhaps choosy after the pool of potential  of visitors are reduced by many factors...

% unemployed for a good few months..

% earnings reduced, no overtime, reduced working hours etc.

% that would be put off by quarantine on destination arrival..

% that would be put off by quarantine on return to there normal home..

% non viable if they require a test before travel, and that is not available..

% considering uncertainty around insurance coverage, availability and pricing..

Airline Ticket pricing Vs perhaps reduced earnings/income?..

Pensioners / those on passive dividend income may see that their stream is not indexed / under pressure over the next year.

Then the choosy factor ????.

The only folk I know talking about going  to Thailand are those who already made bookings already perhaps 9 months ahead...

Edited by UKresonant

16 hours ago, anon7854 said:

I am pretty sure there are other locations in the world that would be just as if not better than thailand that would love on capitalizing on the tourists that can't go to their usual locations.

No worries. It's never the host making the rules in the tourism world , it's always the tourist.

Yeah New Zealand tourism would love for the annual tourists to arrive to enjoy the ski season, aint gunna happen.

8 hours ago, meechai said:

Claiming wait for a vaccine is fine IF one comes & IF it works & even then there is the usual percentages for whom it will never work or worse harm

them same as any vaccine in history has done

Nobody will care about deaths after a vaccine is available. And nobody will care if it does any harm to people.

International travelers will be forced to get vaccinated. No other choice for us.

55 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

And look how it helped. In typical Trump fashion, he neglected not only a futher 40.000 Chinese that entered the country after the "ban" but he forgot about all the other countries. As is very clear from the evidence, flight bans don't work. and certainly not limited flight bans. That's exactly why this being picky who can enter the country is not going to provide additional security. Enforcing social distancing all over the country will be much more effective, and would economically be much less disastrous. 

It would have helped if the whole world closed their borders to China in January.

But at this time it was "politically incorrect".

Now it is incorrect to open borders. Changed fast LOL

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Daveyh said:

As a foreigner we all know that you will always be a guest in Thailand irrespective of how long you've lived here. There will always be someone such as Khun Anutin with xenophobia & Thai society has it's fair share of these people. Foreigner's plight here has always been at the whim of government like it or not & you should have thought it through before making your decision. The risks of living here have always been known & well documented. If you are not "thick skinned" then this is certainly not the place for you ..... fact. No one will champion your cause here & unless you can "suck it up", get on with your own life & enjoy every minute of it then life can get pretty stressful for you here. It's a beautiful, wonderful country to live in & if you do not fall foul of the law, immigration or do anything really stupid life can certainly be a beach here .................... I can hardly wait for the sun to rise again tomorrow & live another fun filled day here. 

I have to repeat this post. Well said.

So many expats in Thailand have a problem that they have no "citizen-like" rights.

I try to lower my expectations regarding this and try to enjoy the life there.

If I could only go there LOL

• Like 1

On 6/15/2020 at 6:20 PM, mark131v said:

And the screw continues to be turned by the xenophobe in chief.....

I can see letting NZ in but China? They started this mess, but I guess its all about who will spend more money on a weak economy. The fact is why should it matter who you let in as long as they test Negative for Covid19. Sounds a little racist to me

51 minutes ago, Berti said:

It would have helped if the whole world closed their borders to China in January.

But at this time it was "politically incorrect".

Now it is incorrect to open borders. Changed fast LOL

The 40,000 were American citizens trapped in Wuhan. Between Jan 1 and Jan 31 400,000  Chinese flew into America from China. Trump started the travel ban Jan 31 and was called a racist by Dementia Joe Biden for doing it. Why did China ban all domestic flights in and out of Wuhan? Why did China Allow international flights OUT of Wuhan and most went to America ? Not to hard to figure out what the Chinese were doing . Infecting the world, especially the USA. They knew it would destroy the number #1 economy in the world. At the expense of the rest of the world

Edited by Ronaldd
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ronaldd said:

Between Jan 1 and Jan 31 400,000  Chinese flew into America from China.  //

Why did China Allow international flights OUT of Wuhan and most went to America ?

Because they had no right to take aliens in hostage in China ?

Because if aliens - including Americans - wanted to return to their country, they had no right to prevent that ?

1 hour ago, JCP108 said:

Yep. I'm in the same boat. And, I have to leave to go home to deal with some family stuff. Was planning a three-week trip. Now have to actually move back indefinitely. 

Sorry to hear that. I have the same problem. My Mom is under hospice care and i want to be with her before she dies. As it stands now, if i leave i cant come back unless I am Chinese or NZ