Thailand will be very choosy about who can visit, insists Anutin

snoop1130

Whatever Thailand will be choosy about in the future or has been choosy about in the past, it certainly wasn't choosy about the person that they selected for the public health minister and deputy pm. They really scraped the bottom of the barrel with that one

• Like 1

4 hours ago, craigieboy1973 said:

As if a western is going look at thsiland the way whites have been screwed year after year .... i happily apply a divorce but have to retutn there to get it ... <deleted> country <deleted> people ... sorry to the nice ones 

Hahahahahhaha, that'll learn them !!

hope the door don't smack your tooshie on the way out.

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand will be very choosy about who can visit, insists Anutin.

I have spoken with the ambassadors of Singapore, New Zealand, China and South Korea. We have to see which nationalities Thais are happy to welcome, as well as consider the state of the economy and people’s livelihoods,” the minister said.

The Thais  that they are happy to Welcome be the ones that will bring in the Most Money. 

So figure  Start on Top China ,than Anyones guess.  ????

I believe this guy has no clue about very much. Imagine a government writing to heads of states of other countries that we want to have the following "types of persons" only visiting our country. He's that fat kid that was pummeled and picked-on when he was a fat little kid and the scars remain. 

18 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

I think he is over-estimating how many people actually will travel at this point in time.

He doesn't know himself what he's saying....  just waiting to see where the most $ to gain is possible then spin some yarn about thats good for TH

I feel that there is a cynical calculation going on here; Chinese money vs Thai lives.

If 10 million baht spent here by Chinese tourists costs one Thai life from the Chinese virus, is it worth it to Thailand?

1 million?

1 thousand?

Where is the line drawn.

18 hours ago, mark131v said:

China, wasn't they the ones that started the whole thing? where they the ones that continued to cover up their real numbers? second wave you say, but they have been so transparent and open throughout so surely they should be top of the list...

Sarcasm alert for the hard of thinking..

China is perfect for providing tourists to Thailand. They arrive packed on a charter flight, travel together on packed buses, stay together in packed hotels, sightsee together in packed marching order, and return home the same way. If there is COVID-19 about, they will infect each other.

• Haha 1

My driver told me today that already Chinese tourists are arriving in Phuket. All the power to them if this is the case but if we are fearful of a second wave which I am not, it may very well be another tag at the expense of the Chinese and more importantly, the Thais who run businesses and which don't feed at the trough of the politicians like this clown show. It is important to factor carrying capacity in these tourists areas. Sewage dumped at sea can no longer be allowed to happen. 

• Confused 2

Don't the Chinese keep having pockets out outbreaks? Begs the question, what is the true agenda? Keeping your Chinese masters happy or keeping the country safe. As if anyone needed any confirmation that China owns Thailand nowadays. Money is king, simple as that ,,, Thailand P.R.C,,, ????

45 minutes ago, Edwin Cameron said:

Don't bother Anuton, I gave up on Thailand before the virus,as well as quite a few people I know,sick of the 'Racism' directed at 'Farangs' by your bureaucracy notably 'Immigration' I found them arrogant,rude and intimidating. Won't be back,going to Figi  I have been coming to Thailand since 1968,just about every year,married a Thai lady 1971 and beautiful bi-lingual children,Suck it up Anuten..! 

I don't reckon Anutin will be overly bothered by you choice to choose Figi instead of Thailand.

Just sayin.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Europeans and Americans are going to be the most radioactive people on the planet for the next year or two.

US and UK I'd say. Most of Europe now has a grip on it and are on their way to containment. We'll see how Spain manages opening up, will be interesting with the inflow of tourists.

EDIT: Forgot about Sweden. They are now a pariah even among the nordics. Others are ready to open while they must stay in isolation. Great strategy for the "herd immunity" there.

Edited by DrTuner

3 hours ago, EricTh said:

Reminds me not to eat any salmon from Norway.

The contamination of virus was on chopping boards that had been used with the salmon. Any meat such as chicken or pork could have been used on the boards prior to the salmon. Blaming the salmon for the virus may be correct, or it could be completely wrong.

• Confused 1

Thailand will be very choosy about who can visit, insists Anutin

"Only countries that have not had a severe outbreak of Covid-19 will be made part of Thailand’s “travel bubble”

What qualifies as "Severe", surely China who gave the World Covid19 and allowed it to spread due to one of the biggest cover-ups in history and with it's own 83,221 (reported) cases, 4634 (reported) deaths and currently locking down Beijing due to a second wave can't of had a "severe outbreak of Covid-19" can it?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, brucec64 said:

I agree that the demographic mix and choice of questions can play a major part in determining the outcome of the survey, but the question was how 1000 people could be representative of 60 million. With a properly conducted survey, this is an acceptable sample size. Whether it was properly conducted is a whole other story...

The sample size is only acceptable if it represents a full cross section of the community. Somehow, I doubt rural Thais, which are the majority, even showed up in the cohort.

2 hours ago, The Barmbeker said:

Is this moron completely out of hus mind?

If Thailand doesn't find a way to open up their travel industry TO EVERYBODY and FAST, the consequences will be dire!

Unless, of course, you think that Chinese- group business will be so damn great, that you get all the hotels and bars and restaurants back online, only with those!

Perhaps the thinking is that the army is sitting on trillions of baht and can weather this. The "people" are rarely considered in their decisions. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

Perhaps the thinking is that the army is sitting on trillions of baht and can weather this. The "people" are rarely considered in their decisions. 

Anutin's worth a few $$ too, heir to a major construction company fortune. His family's company, Sino-Thai Engineering and Construction PCL, built several government mega-projects such as Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi Airport.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1