Pathum Thani: Provincial police chief steps in! Any more prostitution and the local police will have me to answer to!

webfact

20 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

He's probably correct. Young Burmese or Lao girls serving the local needs.

They get a bad deal, Thais are always slagging off the Burmese, but the only ones I ever see, and I do see hundreds of them where we are, are hard workers doing jobs the Thais don't seem to want. Don't blame them for being whores without some evidence.

20 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

If this fancy Pol/Col really does manage to stop prostitution in his province, which I know he won't, then 

the rapes will multiply.

Not that we will know, because if that happens very few will be reported.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bluesofa said:

It will only be a 'short time' before it's all back to normal.

"Now, let's take a closer look at these magnificent denizens of the night, in their natural habitat..."

"So, you're out here a little late to be working at the market. And that outfit's a little too sexy. Why don't we go settle this down at the police station. Or... perhaps at this short time room?"

"Ah, now you can see the delicate intertwining of their instinctual ritual, as they together relish in the moment. Before leaving he makes sure she is attended to, while also collecting a portion of her proceeds. Indeed, the circle of life in all its beauty."

4 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Don't blame them for being whores without some evidence.

I did not "blame them for being whores". Far from it. It's common knowledge that young girls from neighbouring countries are trafficked into the local sex industry in Thailand.

38 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

I did not "blame them for being whores". Far from it. It's common knowledge that young girls from neighbouring countries are trafficked into the local sex industry in Thailand.

Common knowledge is often common myth and predudice, there is no proof sex workers in Phatum Thaini are from Burma or Laos.

Edited by Orton Rd