Unofficial 180--days a year stay rule enforcement after Amnesty

6 hours ago, Caldera said:

I agree. It's a very real possibility that the visa amnesty will run out before nearby countries (that I also like to visit) open up. In that case I'd, indeed, fly home and either stay there longer than usual or travel around in Europe (which, as of now, would be possible having an EU passport).

With an EU passport you can travel around to any EU country you wish right now during Covid-19? Any quarantine requirements in those EU countries or EU passport holders can travel freely as soon as they land?

Edited by bbi1

8 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

With an EU passport you can travel around to any EU country you wish right now during Covid-19? Any quarantine requirements in those EU countries or EU passport holders can travel freely as soon as they land?

Coming back from Thailand, as of now I would be required to self-isolate at home for 14 days, funny as it sounds considering the COVID-19 situation in Thailand.

Then, however, I could travel freely without quarantine or restrictions within most of the EU. Most EU countries have been opening up for the summer holidays or are currently in the process of doing so. To the citizens and residents of other EU countries, that is. Non-residents still cannot travel to the EU unless their trip is considered essential / urgent.

7 hours ago, Caldera said:

Coming back from Thailand, as of now I would be required to self-isolate at home for 14 days, funny as it sounds considering the COVID-19 situation in Thailand.

Then, however, I could travel freely without quarantine or restrictions within most of the EU. Most EU countries have been opening up for the summer holidays or are currently in the process of doing so. To the citizens and residents of other EU countries, that is. Non-residents still cannot travel to the EU unless their trip is considered essential / urgent.

Depends on your nationality,  many EU countries doesnt let tourists in from for example UK and Sweden. 

26 minutes ago, Okis said:

Depends on your nationality,  many EU countries doesnt let tourists in from for example UK and Sweden. 

Yes. Definitely a good idea to check for each country. No problem for me as I'm following this closely anyway.