Residence certificate

warcy

I wonder if the transport authority will accept an original residency certificate plus a copy of it for the renewal of a motorcycle and car license, or will they insist on 2 originals.   Same thinking for the medical certificate. 

Does anyone have experience of this please?  I'm hoping one original plus a copy will suffice but I never take anything for granted with paperwork in TH.

5 hours ago, stament said:

I wonder if the transport authority will accept an original residency certificate plus a copy of it for the renewal of a motorcycle and car license, or will they insist on 2 originals

Acceptable only on alternate Wednesdays and odd number final digit dated Tuesdays in Chiang Mai. Always accepted in Lampang and Mae Sot.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, stament said:

I wonder if the transport authority will accept an original residency certificate plus a copy of it for the renewal of a motorcycle and car license, or will they insist on 2 originals.   Same thinking for the medical certificate. 

Does anyone have experience of this please?  I'm hoping one original plus a copy will suffice but I never take anything for granted with paperwork in TH.

In Oct, when I got my initial 2 year car and motorcycle licenses at Hang Dong DLT I used only 1 Residency Certificate and 1 medical.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, stament said:

I used only one original residence cert for both my motorcycle and car licence renewal before. As long as you apply at the same time, this isn't a problem. Same with only one original medical cert.

The counter staff will check that you have all the documents before giving you a queue number.

There is a photocopying service on the same floor just in case you forgot to photocopy any documents so don't worry.

I remember I also had to photocopy my passport photo page , can't remember what other pages.

Bring along your old driving licence too.

Edited by EricTh
  • Thanks 1

On 5/27/2021 at 10:15 AM, stament said:

Yes, should be ok. Was last few times for me. 

• Thanks 1