Swedish pilot arrested following 2018 paramotor accident - he'd changed his name in bid to escape years in jail and millions in damages

webfact

9 hours ago, webfact said:

The Swedish pilot broke his leg and the tourist suffered a damaged penis.

Now there is something Stadtler hasn't read before.  He wasn't expecting that one!

9 hours ago, webfact said:

in arresting the suspect who represented a dangerous threat to the safety and stability of Thailand, notes Thaivisa. 

Grab your cod guards or cups and put a cap on your willy.  Forget about protecting Thailand, worry more about the Crown Jewels.

35 minutes ago, fordguy61mi said:

What are the odds of damaging only your penis In a plane crash.

It depends what you are doing with it at the time.

Dual Paramotoring can be quite intimate, nod nod wink wink.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

This brings back sad memories for me and anyone else who knew a likeable Aussie expat by the nickname of "Blue" who lost his life in C Mai in the early nineties. He was a good mechanic and worked for a Thai wrecking yard and got around town on an old Honda 750cc four. He was well known and well liked, especially by other expat bikers. These paramotors are not an aircraft as such, but more like a small engine with a huge propellor and you sort of strap into it, with the parachute becoming the wing. I am of the opinion that they appear to be quite dangerous and I recall at least two Thai guys ending their lives in C Mai when crashing. One chap had never even heard of taking off and landing "into the prevailing wind" believe it or not - a basic usually learned very early on in ground school. Sadly, "Blue" was asked by a Thai friend to test a paramotor that the chap was thinking of buying. I have no idea if "Blue" had much flying experience, but others told me at the time that 'he knew what he was doing.' No one mentioned to "Blue" that this same unit had its' propellor badly broken in a previous accident and that rather than replace it, the Thai owner had just 'glued it back together.' "Blue" was testing the thing one Sunday when at about 600 feet in the air near Hang Dong the propellor suffered catastrophic failure and severely damaged the parachute wing as it came apart. Poor "Blue" was killed instantly in the fall. He was 47. Like others have said, I also wondered 'in what kind of an aircraft crash do you only injure your willy' ? Guess it will all come out in the end.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Aussiepeter said:

This brings back sad memories for me and anyone else who knew a likeable Aussie expat by the nickname of "Blue" who lost his life in C Mai in the early nineties. He was a good mechanic and worked for a Thai wrecking yard and got around town on an old Honda 750cc four. He was well known and well liked, especially by other expat bikers. These paramotors are not an aircraft as such, but more like a small engine with a huge propellor and you sort of strap into it, with the parachute becoming the wing. I am of the opinion that they appear to be quite dangerous and I recall at least two Thai guys ending their lives in C Mai when crashing. One chap had never even heard of taking off and landing "into the prevailing wind" believe it or not - a basic usually learned very early on in ground school. Sadly, "Blue" was asked by a Thai friend to test a paramotor that the chap was thinking of buying. I have no idea if "Blue" had much flying experience, but others told me at the time that 'he knew what he was doing.' No one mentioned to "Blue" that this same unit had its' propellor badly broken in a previous accident and that rather than replace it, the Thai owner had just 'glued it back together.' "Blue" was testing the thing one Sunday when at about 600 feet in the air near Hang Dong the propellor suffered catastrophic failure and severely damaged the parachute wing as it came apart. Poor "Blue" was killed instantly in the fall. He was 47. Like others have said, I also wondered 'in what kind of an aircraft crash do you only injure your willy' ? Guess it will all come out in the end.

Stadtler being a fixed wing pilot, doctor, lawyer and a raconteur thinks para motors are fine as long as they are well maintained and the pilot has the proper skills.  Stadtler has never flown one of these wings, but Stadtler wants to try.  Unfortunately Stadtler has no confidence in Thai mechanics who have shown Stadtler in other mediums, that they are not to be trusted with ones life.

9 hours ago, smedly said:
11 hours ago, webfact said:

The tourist is suing him for more than 100 million baht

and the Chinese boat people got what exactly ?

The Korean and the defendant haven't even been to court yet so no damages have been awarded but, just out of curiosity, how much did the Chinese sue for exactly?

8 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Naew Na reported that when officers went to his house Mr Hans tried to run away but was nabbed. He claimed that he was Alfred Carlsen and showed them his passport.

No information on where he obtained a false passport...................

It didn't say that he had a false passport, it said he had changed his name. Getting a new passport if you've changed your name is not illegal.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

Korean average 7,5 cm , Thai average 8,0 cm. How small is small? How fat lady get laid in here? Need roll firs in all purpose flour that find wet spot, then maybe have small chance

Asien ladies follow the race not the penis mass and weight. All thai married with farang. Go alawys back or make  a relationship with their small race penis 

Don' t say my wife does not make this

Edited by Razek

Just now, Razek said:

Asien ladies follow the race not the penis mass and weight. All thai married with farang. Go alawys back or a relation with their small race penis 

Rubbish

• Like 1

9 hours ago, simon43 said:

Yep, definitely too much information there! 

11 hours ago, simon43 said:

The victim is Korean. Micro-surgery can be expensive ????????

Seems that you're also in possession of too much information!

Edited by Bob A Kneale

arresting the suspect who represented a dangerous threat to the safety and stability of Thailand

Why do they spout this rubbish? And why doesn't a reporter, any reporter, ask them how and why they are such a threat? I'd love to know the answer. I'll sleep easier in my bed then knowing that the country is safer now that he is no longer a threat to the country.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

STrange comment. No Crime was committed. ????

This was a legal  judgement. The pilot was sued. The size of the judgement was up to the discretion of the judge. I would suggest the size of the claim is directly related to the Thai justice

"STrange comment. No Crime was committed".

You really think so?  From the OP...

"He is charged with flying an aircraft without the necessary documents, conducting an air trading business without permission and flying and landing without permission. The charges could see him jailed for up to ten years and fined up to two million baht". 

...that appears to be four crimes.

"This was a legal  judgement".

No, it wasn't.

So far, there has been no judgement (he did a runner), there has been no legal suit and neither has there has been any amount awarded.  Perhaps you didn't read the OP!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

What has Immigration police got to do with the case? 

Immigration police are police officers and both of those involved are foreigners so there's good reason for them to be investigating.

Edited by Bob A Kneale
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

and that's why the legitimate visa holders are jumping through a progressively tighter hoop, you just can't trust anyone from anywhere anymore - trash flows from all shores..

Did the Swede not have a legitimate visa?  Where did it say that?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Is that what it costs to fix a penis these days, cricky, costs me about 2,000 baht at best when I need it fixed.

Well it is quite expensive, I recently paid 100,000 baht for a seven inch nob reduction in Bangkok????????????

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

"STrange comment. No Crime was committed".

You really think so?  From the OP...

"He is charged with flying an aircraft without the necessary documents, conducting an air trading business without permission and flying and landing without permission. The charges could see him jailed for up to ten years and fined up to two million baht". 

...that appears to be four crimes.

"This was a legal  judgement".

No, it wasn't.

So far, there has been no judgement (he did a runner), there has been no legal suit and neither has there has been any amount awarded.  Perhaps you didn't read the OP!

Your comments are significant. There has probably never been a micro-aviation business legally operated in Thailand by a Farang  before anyway.

And no framework of how to start one,  This turnip jut went and did it anyway and somebody got hurt. In this case the law in Thailand is what Somchai 

with a badge SAYS IT IS. If the Swede had a brain cell left in his head he should have left Thailand.

• Like 1

In standard stock phrases often used by Naew Na, it was said that the immigration police acted on the orders of PM Prayut and DMP Prawit  in arresting the suspect who represented a dangerous threat to the safety and stability of Thailand, notes Thaivisa.

Think they have found both of them and then arrested the wrong man ????

2 hours ago, Razek said:

Asien ladies follow the race not the penis mass and weight. All thai married with farang. Go alawys back or make  a relationship with their small race penis 

Well that clears up everything. Thanks.

• Like 1