Swedish pilot arrested following 2018 paramotor accident - he'd changed his name in bid to escape years in jail and millions in damages

webfact

4 hours ago, robblok said:

Strange forum, a farang commits a crime and everyone is saying he should not get punished. Maybe it would have been different if the victim was an white OAP.

STrange comment. No Crime was committed. ????

This was a legal  judgement. The pilot was sued. The size of the judgement was up to the discretion of the judge. I would suggest the size of the claim is directly related to the Thai justice system, it would be very different in Albania, Iran, India or Sweden. BTW if this was a Thai man who ran over and killed a motorcyclist, of which I see every morning on the news. They would likely have to pay 500 Baht max.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Is that what it costs to fix a penis these days, cricky, costs me about 2,000 baht at best when I need it fixed.

I was always told, 'If it ain't broke don't fix it'. I can only assume that someone has a major problem.

1 minute ago, Traubert said:

Well there was all the crimes relating to the business......

"crimes" generally relate to the criminal code, breaking business rules generally is a civil offense.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"In standard stock phrases often used by Naew Na, it was said that the immigration police acted on the orders of PM Prayut and DMP Prawit  in arresting the suspect who represented a dangerous threat to the safety and stability of Thailand, notes Thaivisa."

Apart from giving the local members the opportunity to exhaust their primary school collection of penis jokes, it is difficult to see how operating a paraglider, however woefully, represents "a dangerous threat to the safety and stability of Thailand." Are the PM and DOM really that scared? And is it related to the ongoing state of emergency and if so what on earth does it have to do with an absent coronovirus?

8 hours ago, webfact said:

He is charged with flying an aircraft without the necessary documents, conducting an air trading business without permission and flying and landing without permission.

Don't confuse Naew Na's "In standard stock phrases often used by Naew Na, it was said that the immigration police acted on the orders of PM Prayut and DMP Prawit in arresting the suspect who represented a dangerous threat to the safety and stability of Thailand", as the news here.

The "charges" are what matter. He screwed up and if he was going to run, he should have gone back to Sweden. I am sad for him, but you got to have the right permits and insurance.

Edited by AgMech Cowboy
  • Like 1

"In standard stock phrases often used by Naew Na, it was said that the immigration police acted on the orders of PM Prayut and DMP Prawit  in arresting the suspect who represented a dangerous threat to the safety and stability of Thailand"

Yep, paramotor pilots are well dangerous

21 minutes ago, fantom said:

"In standard stock phrases often used by Naew Na, it was said that the immigration police acted on the orders of PM Prayut and DMP Prawit  in arresting the suspect who represented a dangerous threat to the safety and stability of Thailand, notes Thaivisa."

Apart from giving the local members the opportunity to exhaust their primary school collection of penis jokes, it is difficult to see how operating a paraglider, however woefully, represents "a dangerous threat to the safety and stability of Thailand." Are the PM and DOM really that scared? And is it related to the ongoing state of emergency and if so what on earth does it have to do with an absent coronovirus?

I'm not defending PM Prayut or DMP Prawit, but this was purely a statement that Naew Na pulls out of the air as a STANDARD.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

immigration police acted on the orders of PM Prayut and DMP Prawit  in arresting the suspect who represented a dangerous threat to the safety and stability of Thailand

Christ yeah, really  bad, be  better  off exporting heroin abroad

• Like 1

Listen to this CR#$......... 

PM Prayut and DMP Prawit  in arresting the suspect who represented a dangerous threat to the safety and stability of Thailand, notes Thaivisa. 

"Safety and stability of Thailand" ??  I'm afraid that legged it years ago when you lot took over........ If it had been a Thai pilot, 500 bht and ten wais...... mind you a Thai pilot usually kills the lot....... Third world tin pot PI&^ pot......   The usual reaction from a rapidly becoming pathetic country...... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tgw said:

"crimes" generally relate to the criminal code, breaking business rules generally is a civil offense.

Breaking rules under any given countries Air Navigation/Operation of Aircraft Acts/Orders are invariably criminal offences.

That includes rules for operating an aircraft for business or profit.

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

If I say how I really feel about this guy I will get a slap so just admit he is a real turnip.

Starting a micro-aviation business in Thailand without all required permit,  licenses

and insurance was a real bad idea. If he had any brain cells remaining he should have went back to Sweden

and stayed there.

yep total idiot

50 minutes ago, rwill said:

Wonder why he didn't leave the country

Maybe wanted back home?  

Or maybe he burnt all bridges and his life is in Thailand.

Was he a professional pilot ? I doubt it. Do you need a license to fly these things in Thailand? 
Now his life  is ruined. How can he escape this ?  10 million baht?  
He need to bribe some Thai officials.

6 minutes ago, balo said:

Maybe wanted back home?  

Or maybe he burnt all bridges and his life is in Thailand.

Was he a professional pilot ? I doubt it. Do you need a license to fly these things in Thailand? 
Now his life  is ruined. How can he escape this ?  10 million baht?  
He need to bribe some Thai officials.

Of course not only has his life irrevocably changed (rightly so), but also those who depended on his income for essentials of life.

Not to mention the poor bloke with the damaged dick 

1 hour ago, tgw said:

Maybe in your country not here and certainly not in Australia or several other countries of which I am aware.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

on the orders of PM Prayut and DMP Prawit  in arresting the suspect who represented a dangerous threat to the safety and stability of Thailand,

Ah, so that's why they bought the subs, the safety of Thai men's penises across the land

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Naew Na reported that when officers went to his house Mr Hans tried to run away but was nabbed.

Holy Moly Swedish Batman - they "nabbed" him.

Who writes this stuff Stadtler wonders?