Ahead of Trump rally, coronavirus cases surge in Oklahoma, other states

webfact

1 hour ago, bendejo said:

Distancing the attendees is an admission of the problem, and they are still keeping the "it's all a hoax" flame alive for those who prefer to believe it.

My take:

- maybe the TikTok troll worked, but yeah the registration did require a telephone number and the RSVP would not be issued without a callback, or so it said on the registration page.  I know someone who was going to register (ahem!) but they balked on the phone number thing, so I can't say if there really was a callback or SMS verification.

- the idea that violent demonstrators kept people away is nonsense, and I would think these "Bikers for Tr__p" guys would take offense at his saying it  (I'm not posting a link for these guys, do your own search)

- the claim from a week ago:

Umm, 800k tickets issued for a 19,000 seat venue?  So we know reality has nothing to do with this.  The data haul remark I take to be regarding $$$ to be made for selling the mailing list; when the RSVP site was still up the morning of the event I figured it was part of that data haul scheme.

Perhaps the message that can be taken away is "we're stupid enough to vote for you but not dumb enough to risk our health, or lives."

On a side note, political analyst Rick Wilson (a Republican who is not a DT supporter) has been keeping tabs on Parscale these recent months, particularly how he is spending a lot of bucks on personal purchases like houses, boats etc.  which Wlison suspects is part of a laundry operation.  Do a lookup for some entertaining reading.

I see nothing about 800,000 tickets being issued. What are you talking about? As for Rick Wilson, he is completely obsessed with Trump and is a complete basket case.

Edited by Crazy Alex

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

There were two major decisions that right wingers didn't like. I see that you like to speak in code, so which of them are you referring to getting "extra special rights"? -- DACA people or LGBT people?

Why do you think those are the only two options?

The Tulsa Fire Marshall estimated that there were about 6200 attendees at the Tulsa rally. Here's what the Fox News Anchor at the rally said:

'As cameras scanned hectares of empty seats, the Fox News anchor, an emphatically incurious man named Jesse Watters, told his viewers, “It looks packed!”'

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/06/most-triumphant-sip-water-ever-taken/613342/

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, johnpetersen said:

The Tulsa Fire Marshall estimated that there were about 6200 attendees at the Tulsa rally. Here's what the Fox News Anchor at the rally said:

'As cameras scanned hectares of empty seats, the Fox News anchor, an emphatically incurious man named Jesse Watters, told his viewers, “It looks packed!”'

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/06/most-triumphant-sip-water-ever-taken/613342/

I'm impressed.....

President Trump tore into his rival, Democratic candidate Joe Biden, on Twitter on Thursday sharing this tweet of his socially distanced campaign event and claiming that it was empty because there was 'zero enthusiasm' for the former Vice President's 'rally'

16 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I'm impressed.....

President Trump tore into his rival, Democratic candidate Joe Biden, on Twitter on Thursday sharing this tweet of his socially distanced campaign event and claiming that it was empty because there was 'zero enthusiasm' for the former Vice President's 'rally'

Because one candidates concern for the well being of his supporters means he isn't going to sacrifice them for a photo or or to a craving for adulation. 20 people were invited to the event.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, johnpetersen said:

Because one candidates concern for the well being of his supporters means he isn't going to sacrifice them for a photo or or to a craving for adulation. 20 people were invited to the event.

Looks like only three attended. 

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

Sure Trump rallies will attract more fans than biden's, and they'll be frenzy affairs as well 

But pointing to Biden is a distraction from the major disappointment this was.

I'll take humor any where I can find it. And that photo of biden is hilarious. He looks like a HS principal at an assembly in the gym and all the kids ditched. ahahaaaa

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

I'll take humor any where I can find it. And that photo of biden is hilarious. He looks like a HS principal at an assembly in the gym and all the kids ditched. ahahaaaa

Huh, Biden's basement must be huge. Donald supporters say they are waiting for Joe to emerge from the basement. 

Joe must have had the full basketball court installed in the basement while he was VP.

Wow, this older lady must have been pretty strong to block thousands of Donald supporters outside of the Tulsa rally. If only she hadn't been there the rally attendance would have been bigly huge!

Trump campaign told police to remove peaceful protester arrested outside Tulsa rally

At the request of Donald Trump's campaign, police arrested an Oklahoma demonstrator on live television moments after she was seen praying outside the president's rally, though she said she had a ticket to attend.

Sheila Buck, who was wearing an "I Can't Breathe" T-shirt to memorialise black Americans killed by police, was accused of "trespassing" by Tulsa officers who dragged her away from the city's BOK Centre on Saturday.

Ms Buck was placed into a police cruiser and booked with "obstruction", according to police, though she wasn't impeding any foot traffic or blocking any access to the area.

tulsa-protest-arrest.jpg

Edited by Silurian

A post that contained images that have been posted in other topics has been removed.  Continue to re-post those images in other topics will count as trolling and a warning will be coming. 

A post with content "Credited" from some Twitter source has been removed as well as the replies. 

18 hours ago, jcsmith said:

What is more likely? That all media publications in the world are 90% FAR LEFT or that you yourself are so far right it that it just seems that way? 

Open Your eyes, Where do you think Thailand gets the American news from? Left leaning outlets like the NYT,Washington post ,Political, CNN, MSNBC, just to name a few and you swallow it up like a starving fish. I get my news from right , left and in the middle. Then weigh it all out after research. 

8 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

I see nothing about 800,000 tickets being issued. What are you talking about? As for Rick Wilson, he is completely obsessed with Trump and is a complete basket case.

Then you obviously didn't see Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale's Twitter feed. It's a direct quote from him.

IMG_20200622_114111.png

He did later correct that to 300,000 but that's still out by several orders of magnitude.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

8 hours ago, Silurian said:

Huh, Biden's basement must be huge. Donald supporters say they are waiting for Joe to emerge from the basement. 

Joe must have had the full basketball court installed in the basement while he was VP.

Edited by johnpetersen

22 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

The article starts with a headline that has two opinion statements, so no it's not factual. Hopefully now you understand what the previous poster said about political leanings.

I can preamble the lords prayer; the constitution; the presidents daily briefings with whatever... the question was whether the CONTENT was factual not the headline.

22 hours ago, johnpetersen said:

Next thing you know he'll be claiming Trump was not born in America and is ineligible to be President. Maybe he'll even lead a movement and call it "birtherism". Nah, that would be way too disrespectful of the office of the presidency.

Sounds like you are trying to make some kind of point. What point are you trying to make? The entire birther movement was disrespectful of the office of the Presidency. Trump played a part - he later apologized - weakly, and I don't like it.

Still, its not quite the same as using the intelligence services of the United States to spy on a candidate, frame a candidate, accuse a candidate, later accuse the President, attempt to impeach a President, of colluding with foreign powers who are in an adversarial position with the USA. It's something brand new, and it will never happen again. Am I Chatting with an American here?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Well thank you for not sharing your insider knowledge...:coffee1:

PS. That was in no way an attempt to get you to share. I've had enough loony tunes for one day.

PPS. I do not think you're an American at all. If you are then you should post a copy of your birth certificate post haste.

You can PM me and we discuss the terms of our meeting. I live in Bangkok.

6 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Then you obviously didn't see Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale's Twitter feed. It's a direct quote from him.

IMG_20200622_114111.png

He did later correct that to 300,000 but that's still out by several orders of magnitude.

In this case, let's be honest and calculate again. It's not any more 0.75%, but 2% who eventually went to the rally! ????

Edited by candide

2 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

You're comparing apples and oranges. This was not a rally, it was a speech to a small group of selected invitees.

Biden is not even holding rallies right now. This is because (unlike Trump) he accepts the guidance of public health officials when they say it is not prudent to do so at the moment.

Doesn't look like he can handle much without a gaft. Public health officials haven't said no communications. What they advise is personal protection? Because the curve has been effectively flattened drastic measures for society are no longer needed. 

An off topic rant has been removed, here is the topic we are discussing in case you missed it:

Ahead of Trump rally, coronavirus cases surge in Oklahoma, other states.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2020 at 10:03 AM, TopDeadSenter said:

Fair point. I loosely use the term "left" to encompass all the splinter groups. But to clarify, the stated aims of this uprising are slogans such as "defund the police" and "black lives matter" and the autonomous zone CHOP they created in Seattle where conservatives are beaten and evicted(Twitter videos are sadly not permissible otherwise I would load a dozen showing just this- the guy brave enough to walk through CHOP carrying an American flag and wearing a MAGA hat is proof enough) all suggests/proves to me a leftist bent to the protests.

Conservatives/the right favor strong law enforcement, do not want statues defaced and toppled and prefer democracy via the ballot box not by violence and intimidation on the street.

The irony here is that this chaos that is ongoing in Seattle, Portland, Atlanta and other democrat states is the biggest gift Trump could ever have had. I suspect middle America is horrified by the spreading anarchy. They will vote wisely in November, of that I am sure.

It sounds like you’re scared, but I don’t know anyone that is.  You are likely scared of immigrants too.

my advice is to never leave your house ????

On 6/19/2020 at 5:05 AM, Boon Mee said:

The spike couldn't be because there's more testing being conducted? 

Once again, no.

Texas governor warns tougher actions will be required if coronavirus cases, hospitalizations continue spiking

• Texas Gov. Greg Abbott said Monday that “additional measures are going to be necessary” and the state will have to take “tougher actions” if daily coronavirus cases and hospitalizations continue to climb at current rates. 
  • Abbott has previously defended the state’s reopening plan by saying the state’s hospitals remain at the lowest threat level and have the ability to add surge capacity if necessary.
  • Abbott urged residents Monday to cover their faces to prevent the spread of Covid-19, even if they felt like it would be an “infringement of freedom.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/22/texas-governor-warns-tough-actions-will-be-needed-if-coronavirus-spikes-more.html

12 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

I live in Pattaya, bring roses.

Bring ear plugs because PR is a motor mouth who won't let others have a say. Maybe ear plugs and a sign board with some choice saying to point to. 

Too much time on a Pattaya bar stool with his fellow Brits.

13 hours ago, Damual Travesty said:

Sounds like you are trying to make some kind of point. What point are you trying to make? The entire birther movement was disrespectful of the office of the Presidency. Trump played a part - he later apologized - weakly, and I don't like it.

Still, its not quite the same as using the intelligence services of the United States to spy on a candidate, frame a candidate, accuse a candidate, later accuse the President, attempt to impeach a President, of colluding with foreign powers who are in an adversarial position with the USA. It's something brand new, and it will never happen again. Am I Chatting with an American here?

The difference is, Trump's birtherism campaign was real.

Your characterization of the investigations of Trump and his campaign is fiction.

One point that people who share your viewpoint never seem to have a good answer for is why, if there was this concerted campaign in the FBI and elsewhere, there were never any leaks of this investigation before the election. Is that because they don't know how to?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1