Months before election, Trump finds himself at odds with most Americans' views

webfact

6 hours ago, Phulublub said:

Perhaps you should try it some time then. 

Telling me I am some sort of fake news junky who has no mind of my own and merely regurgitate what I am fed is not, to my mind, a pleasant way to conduct a discussion.

PH

We have no brain, really. We are only regurgitating facts from official sources, such as GDP growth dates, trade balance figures, debt level, and so on. What a lack of originality.... true fun spoilers....

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

How about an interesting related speculative question?

I think it's clear to all rational people that if the election was held today, 45 would lose and quite possibly lose by a landslide. There is strong polling evidence for that. Massive leads for Biden in swing states, etc.

But the election isn't being held today. 

But here's the fun question.

Supposing republicans start to feel that associating with 45 means their party will be massacred. Losing not only the white house but all of congress as well. 

So what if they decided to actually do something about it?

Talking about replacing 45 for the election.

So who would help them?

Pence, I don't think so. He's just a 45 yes man straight version of Anderson Cooper. 

Cruz? Kind of looks like Dr. Evil these days.

John Kasich? A nice fellow no doubt but too "rino" for most republicans.

Rubio? OK, maybe.

Nikki Haley. She went all in for 45 recently. Tainted.

Believe it or not, I think the best shot for republicans in the very unlikely event of replacing 45 for the election is ... Jeb Bush. 

Good post.

Pence, I don't think so. He's just a 45 yes man straight version of Anderson Cooper. 

This made me LOL.  Like I used to say about Gray Davis: strip him naked and throw him out into the snow and you'll never be able to find him.  As for Pence's personal preferences, people who come off as pious as he does are suspect, in ANY religion.

Kasich:  he came across as an old-school GOP everyman in 2016, but as I learned more about him the less I liked him

Cruz:  remember Chris Matthews?  He was sort of a political groupie, deferred to nearly every congressperson he interviewed.  I said nearly.  During the 2015-16 campaign Cruz put out a book, and was on Matthews show to promote it, as well as his candidacy.  Well, Chris was laughing in his face the entire time.  (Yeah, it was time for him to retire, but another time for that.)

Rubio has recently proven he's not the moron I thought he was, but he's a Conservative ideologue, which scares me.  I don't think he'd be a good campaigner.

Jeb:  Ok, so he could have opted for the express route with the open entry to the Ivy League, DAR pedigree, had it all given to him etc.  But no, he goes to Mexico to teach ESL and brings a Mexican girl (Catholic!) home to meet his blue-blooded parents.  Did love rule the day or was he giving the finger to the folks?  I think now that dad is dead he is happy to be out of politics.  Did you ever see a more un-enthusiastic candidate?

The Pompeo story will be entertaining to watch.  He came up in the Tea Party silliness and it is well known in Kansas politics that he has his eye on the WH.

The reptilian Rick Scott also has ambitions, IMO he's so amoral he'd do whatever it takes to appease his GOP masters.

Mitt 2024?

Edited by bendejo
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Masterton said:

I suppose this would be a good time to remind you about the "pleasant way" you initially conducted yourself in the discussion. You basically implied that people who don't share your left leaning progressive world view are, and I quote, "insular, arrogant, me-first, racist, antagonistic, homophobic, xenophobic cry babies".  Wow. Did I leave anything out ?? 

You also said that "The World has been (mis) run by Anglo Saxon males for too long.  It is well beyond time for change." Oh really PH ? Did you forget to add heterosexual and Christian? What you said, in addition to being inane, is blatantly racist AND sexist. Interesting. ????

When it is the truth it is neither racist nor sexist.

PH

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Phulublub said:

When it is the truth it is neither racist nor sexist.

PH

The truth ?? Wow.... Okay so anyone who doesn't share your white apologist world view is insular, arrogant, me-first, racist, antagonistic, homophobic, xenophobic, etc.

Okay got it ????

Well well well.

45 had a rare moment of clarity and facing reality. 

In a so called town hall (propaganda event) with Fox news deplorable Sean Hannity he let it out. 

He acknowledged Biden would be president. That makes 45 the loser. 

13 minutes ago, Masterton said:

The truth ?? Wow.... Okay so anyone who doesn't share your white apologist world view is insular, arrogant, me-first, racist, antagonistic, homophobic, xenophobic, etc.

Okay got it ????

White apologist huh? That's a toxic way of looking at these important race issues. 

James Carville let's loose. Gotta love him. Interesting that he's mirroring my sentiment that if the republicans have any sense they will replace him. But he would have to volunteer to step back for that to happen as he's got the delegates to easily be nominated at his proposed virus super spreader republican convention. 

Edited by Jingthing

• 2 weeks later...